Three AvPR Featurettes

Started by Darkness, Apr 09, 2008, 08:09:37 PM

Author
Three AvPR Featurettes (Read 9,944 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Three interesting featurettes from the upcoming AvPR DVD can be seen on Arrow In The Head. The first one is called “Building the Predator Homeworld” which takes you through the concept art for the homeworld. The next one is “Crossbreed: Creating the Predalien” which about the various concepts for the Predalien. The final clip is about the sculpting of the Predalien.

Direct FLV Downloads:
Building the Predator Homeworld (9MB)
Crossbreed: Creating the Predalien (7MB)
Sculpting the Predalien (7MB)

The different concepts for the homeworld look interesting. Check out my forum thread for more concept art. Thanks to JK for the news.

topman

topman

interesting!

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

couple of interesting art work about predator homeworld... too bad they didn't use it so much. Other video aren't so much interesting...

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

Overall I saw their attempt at the Predator Homeworld unoriginal and uninspiring. The Temple in AVP was just "Lets take building blocks or pieces to a 3D puzzle of Aztec, Egyptian, and Cambodian temples and force mesh them together and just replace the statues' heads with Predator and Alien faces" The concepts in AVPR are rip-offed, if not stolen, from KING KONG (2005) and Mustafar in STAR WARS 3 more or less.  Creativity is reduced to copying it from where it was already accomplished eariler. There's nothing wrong with gaining insperation from other people. It's just too much "They gained success from that so we can too if we follow the general same footsteps and blueprints" That is the exact reason why I didn't like the CHRONICLES THE NARNIA film's production value.

Starkiller

Starkiller

Very Interesting! quite enjoyed the predator homeworld concepts and creating the pred-alien    ;D   cant wait to watch the full version's on the DVD    :)  

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

dont care

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Really cool stuff there! Very interesting.

Sulaco

Sulaco

This is getting betta betta by duh minute!

Dallas01

Dallas01

Uh these are not viewable. Can you convert them into quicktime or windows media video files so they can be played on an american computer and not be flv docs?   >:(  

d

d

Yeah the homeworld is ok, should it be swampy, jungle? I don't know but at least it looked like it was very hot which is the point for preds. I still wish they didn't put dreads on the hybrid which I knew they would all along but what are you going to do?

ZEN

ZEN

Keep in mind its just A homeworld.Theres probably many out there with different ecosystems.As for the architecture,buildings very depending on the enviroment and cultural back-ground.Just look at japanese and english buildings.As for me,my house might as well be a cardbourd crap-shack when you compare it to other houses..

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

i think the concept art is gr8 for the homeworld, maybe all of the pics could be part of it- just their spread around the planet like our countries, that would explaine the diffrent predator tribes (clans).i also have the 'inside the monster shop' book and theres a lot of awsome pics in there too.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Awesome concepts, the gladitorial ring is probably for the Dutch vs Predator or Harrigan vs Dutch, predator entertainment lore {whatever?}.. Back in the day I read in gamepro, after A3 that for A4 the a director wanted to cast Jeane Cluade VanDamme and Jim Carrey, big name actors in the early nineties, but dam that would of sucked. I like the bros take on AVPR, too bad fox didn't dish it out.  Peace Zen!!!

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

HASN ' T ANYONE HEARD ME!  Those paintings are PURE RIP - OFFS of previous more original work of other films of it's type.  The Temples more followed the exact footsteps, blueprints, and creativty of KING KONG (2005). Don't retort to me saying they're not. And those beams of lights in the air: OBVIOUSLY from HALO 3 and tons of other sources before it  The Industrial setting is also pure copying and borrowing without guilt from MUSTAFAR in STAR WARS 3 with all the LAVA. And even worse BLADE RUNNER. The heart and soul of the "LOOK OF THE FUTURE" now being mass-produced to people who have limited original, more-from-the-heart imangination and rather have success from following the exact footsteps of those who have true new, one-of-a-type imanginations.

jokerking

jokerking

the pred home world in the movie couldn't be right,if the preds can only see in infored there would have to be a reason,with a thicker atmospere with more grav more heat, more presssure their homeworld would have to be misty/foggy thats why they can only see in infored. an evolutionary adaptation. jus a thought.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed