Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 923,564 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 17, 2021, 03:05:13 AMBorderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Second new game, not second play through.
Thought I'd try playing with Claptrap because it might be fun. Besides the little occasionally fun remarks, it's not a good character because you never exactly know what he's gonna do for his special move.
Game itself is still quite alright. Wish there were more like this. Proper gameplay without taking everything too seriously.

I far preferred that to Borderlands 2.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 17, 2021, 08:18:55 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 17, 2021, 03:05:13 AMBorderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Second new game, not second play through.
Thought I'd try playing with Claptrap because it might be fun. Besides the little occasionally fun remarks, it's not a good character because you never exactly know what he's gonna do for his special move.
Game itself is still quite alright. Wish there were more like this. Proper gameplay without taking everything too seriously.

I far preferred that to Borderlands 2.

Don't remember. All I know is that in general I have/had fun with 1, 2 and Pre-Sequel.
Haven't played 3 so no idea about that one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I thought Borderlands 2 was massively overrated to be honest - it didn't seem to do anything new or different to the first one, and came across as little more than a tired retread as a result.

Pre-Sequel on the other hand actually offered up some new elements. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I've always been picky when it comes to games so I was probably happy with more of the same.
But I can't remember enough to give them all a decent comparison.

Have you played Borderlands 3 or heard anything in particular?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Afraid not, 2 kinda put me off. That and the ACM fiasco.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2021, 04:03:24 AM
Found what looks to be a decent PT emulation.

Scratch that, it crashes almost instantly.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 18, 2021, 08:35:38 AM
I thought Borderlands 2 was massively overrated to be honest - it didn't seem to do anything new or different to the first one, and came across as little more than a tired retread as a result.

Pre-Sequel on the other hand actually offered up some new elements. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I honestly don't understand the hype with Borderlands 2.  I feel like it's more popular than the first one, which just absolutely boggles my mind.

I will say that Borderlands 3 imo is closer to the original than Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel.  Currently playing through it and am loving it so far.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 21, 2021, 06:28:46 PM
I honestly don't understand the hype with Borderlands 2.  I feel like it's more popular than the first one, which just absolutely boggles my mind.

I will say that Borderlands 3 imo is closer to the original than Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel.  Currently playing through it and am loving it so far.

It can take time for people to catch up because they're still playing something else.
By the time that something else is finished, part 2 of another franchise released and they all buy that along with the fans of part 1. So you got bigger sales. 
Happened to me with Call Of Duty a long time ago.

Good to hear Borderlands 3 is fun. Will probably get it anyway at some point.

Darkness

Darkness

Dishonored 2

An oldy. A game I meant to play years ago.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

the white chamber

Very good sci-fi horror point and click.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Mass Effect 2 & 3

Wysps

Wysps

Halfway through another playthrough of Bioshock: Infinite, then after going straight into Prey (which will be my first playthrough!)

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 22, 2021, 02:44:49 AM
Quote from: Wysps on Jun 21, 2021, 06:28:46 PM

It can take time for people to catch up because they're still playing something else.
By the time that something else is finished, part 2 of another franchise released and they all buy that along with the fans of part 1. So you got bigger sales. 
Happened to me with Call Of Duty a long time ago.

Good to hear Borderlands 3 is fun. Will probably get it anyway at some point.

I guess the timing of releases does have that sort of impact on sales and popularity.

Borderlands 3 is great imo, but I feel that it isn't going to age as well as the others in the series.  A lot of contemporary references that are already quasi-cringe  :-\

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I played through the career mode of Guitar Hero 1 today. It's the one I've revisited the least, and it's very rough around the edges. Still, I did fairly well overall, and only Cowboys from Hell gave me much trouble.

Darkness

Darkness

Finished Dishonored 2 and done another playthrough on New Game Plus. This one kinda surprised me how good it was. I like anything related to Steampunk and the gameplay reminded me of Bioshock.

Just bought the Borderlands 3 DLC so that's my next play.

Stitch

Stitch

Started Dead Space 2 last night

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed