New Interview with Logan Marshall-Green

Started by Darkness, May 02, 2012, 05:43:52 PM

Author
New Interview with Logan Marshall-Green (Read 14,742 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

You know this how Open Maw? Exactly :)

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 03, 2012, 07:03:38 PM
You know this how Open Maw? Exactly :)

How exactly? Instinct. Gut feeling. I can read Jon Spaights and Damon Lindelof's minds. Mostly, because I said so!!!!  >:(

What better reason is there?

Spoiler

It's just my opinion based on the vibe i'm getting, dude. :)
[close]

;D

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 03, 2012, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 03, 2012, 01:56:57 PM
Sounds like Hudson to me...

It really doesn't. Hudson was macho, sure, but the rest of the group was calling him on it and putting him in his place constantly.

"You ever been mistaken for a man?" - Hudson
"No. Have you?" - Vasquez

"Sir, how do I get outta this chicken shit outfit?" - Hudson
"You secure that shit Hudson." - Apone

"We got nukes, knives, sharpsticks...!" - Hudson
"knock it off, Hudson!" - Apone

"Smoking or non-smoking?" - Hudson
"Just tell me what you're scanning for, private." - Gorman

"Yeah man, but it's a dry heat." - Hudson
"Knock it off, Hudson." - Apone

"Oh that's great. That's just ****ing great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? This is some really shit now man!" - Hudson
"You finished?" - Hicks

"What are we gonna do!?" - Hudson
"Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, why don't we try that?!" - Burke

"Well why don't you put her in charge!?" - Hudson
"Hudson! Listen to me; Just deal with it, because i'm sick of your bullshit." - Ripley

"It ain't half fair man!" - Hudson
"Hudson give us a break!" - Vasquez

"Think of what!? We're ****ed! We're doomed!" - Hudson
"SHUT UP!" - Hicks

I'm seeing no indication anyone is telling this immature fool to shut his macho, arrogant, douche baggery up.
Thanks for compiling those quotes together! That was fun reading.

It should be interesting to hear Ms. Vickers reply to LMG when he obtusely askes, "Ms. Vickers, do you have an agenda here?"

I hope she melts his face with laser beams from her eyes.

Edit: Obtuse (adjective) 1. Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.  :D

If Sir Ridley directed LMG to be obtuse, then he nailed it.

Space Sweeper

Man, it really doesn't take much to be considered "macho".

Cvalda

I think emphasis should be placed less on him being "macho", and more on him being a "douche."

Predaker

Ms. Cvalda, do you have an agenda here?

lol j/k ;D

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 09:23:45 PM

lol j/k ;D

No, do it right.

"Ms. Cvalda is there some kind of agenda you aren't telling us about?"

You have to overly emphasis it!

First Blood

Okay -- I'll admit that line came off less convincing then I would have liked. But other than that, I feel indifferent towards LMG. No love or hate. Just going to wait till June to get a better feel for the character.

Predaker

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 03, 2012, 09:38:08 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 09:23:45 PM

lol j/k ;D

No, do it right.

"Ms. Cvalda is there some kind of agenda you aren't telling us about?"

You have to overly emphasis it!
Thanks for the correction! I had a feeling I was quoting him wrong. That type of dialog doesn't come naturally to me, I suppose. (ie: douche)  ;D

ChrisPachi

"Ms. Vickers, is there some kind of agenda you aren't telling us about?"

That is a pretty clumsy line, considering that, um, there most definitely is an agenda. These writers really need to work on their foreshadowing. ;)

Ash 937

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 04, 2012, 12:00:47 AM
"Ms. Vickers, is there some kind of agenda you aren't telling us about?"

That is a pretty clumsy line, considering that, um, there most definitely is an agenda. These writers really need to work on their foreshadowing. ;)

What if Vickers answers, "No" and the rest of the film is how the crew of Prometheus and her use teamwork to solve their problems?  Or what if Vickers isn't informed about any special agenda and only finds out later that she's been manipulated along with the crew of Prometheus.

But I do agree with you in the sense that nobody would ask a question as blatant as that to anybody unless they were a complete idiot.  LMG's character looks too clean cut for such stupidity.  That line would be more suited to the guy with the tattoos on his head because he already looks like an imbecile.

SpeedyMaxx

"Himbo?"  Really?

I get that it's not supposed to have mushy stuff like romance in the big cool science fiction movie or whatever, but I don't see too much wrong with LMG.  He's playing a headstrong guy who gets in over his head and clearly will pay a nasty price.  I think labeling Holloway a douchebag in a high school letterman's jacket based on limited material viewed is a bit much and a lot of projection.  He's far from my first interest in the supporting cast - I'm much more into Rafe Spall, Sean Harris and the positively obscure Kate Dickie - but he seems alright for what he does.

As for the line to Vickers, it's an obvious line in a genre script.  But I also thought he delivered it a bit facetiously, trying to tweak her.  Because what else is Holloway going to do with the corporate suit?

JKS1

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 03, 2012, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 03, 2012, 01:56:57 PM
Sounds like Hudson to me...

It really doesn't. Hudson was macho, sure, but the rest of the group was calling him on it and putting him in his place constantly.

"You ever been mistaken for a man?" - Hudson
"No. Have you?" - Vasquez

"Sir, how do I get outta this chicken shit outfit?" - Hudson
"You secure that shit Hudson." - Apone

"We got nukes, knives, sharpsticks...!" - Hudson
"knock it off, Hudson!" - Apone

"Smoking or non-smoking?" - Hudson
"Just tell me what you're scanning for, private." - Gorman

"Yeah man, but it's a dry heat." - Hudson
"Knock it off, Hudson." - Apone

"Oh that's great. That's just ****ing great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? This is some really shit now man!" - Hudson
"You finished?" - Hicks

"What are we gonna do!?" - Hudson
"Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, why don't we try that?!" - Burke

"Well why don't you put her in charge!?" - Hudson
"Hudson! Listen to me; Just deal with it, because i'm sick of your bullshit." - Ripley

"It ain't half fair man!" - Hudson
"Hudson give us a break!" - Vasquez

"Think of what!? We're ****ed! We're doomed!" - Hudson
"SHUT UP!" - Hicks

I'm seeing no indication anyone is telling this immature fool to shut his macho, arrogant, douche baggery up.

the LMG apologists cant seem to get it into their skulls that its NOT the character of Holloway that is grating, not the immature, macho, 'wooh pepsi max' personality of the character that is irritating, but what is very grating is that LMG just doesnt sell any believability in this role from the little weve seen so far.

Paxton as Hudson was completely believable in that role and had me totally sold, he didnt look like he was acting, he nailed the character and you bought it completely

By comparison LMG's performance (the brief snippets of it we've glimpsed so far) is cheesy, hammy and makes me flinch in the same way you would when you hear an obvious and loud bum note come out of the otherwise pitch perfect string section of the London Philharmonic

He looks and sounds like he's acting.............and badly............and THATS the problem.............NOT the character he's playing

Space Sweeper

Quote from: JKS1 on May 04, 2012, 10:16:17 AM
the LMG apologists
Yeah, no. Those willing to reserve judgment.

Also, putting every keyword of your post in bold and with an underline doesn't really sell what you're trying to say; kinda over emphasizes it.

;)

JKS1

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 04, 2012, 10:31:11 AM
Quote from: JKS1 on May 04, 2012, 10:16:17 AM
the LMG apologists
Yeah, no. Those willing to reserve judgment.

Also, putting every keyword of your post in bold and with an underline doesn't really sell what you're trying to say; kinda over emphasizes it.

;)

Just like Logan Marshall Green

Well not quite, as at least I dont stick out like an ugly sore thumb in amongst an otherwise excellent cast of performers in the most anticipated and what looks to be the most visually stunning epic scifi outing in decades

[insert smug emoticon of choice here]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed