New Interview with Logan Marshall-Green

Started by Darkness, May 02, 2012, 05:43:52 PM

Author
New Interview with Logan Marshall-Green (Read 14,749 times)

Darkness

TheReelBits website have a new interview up with actor Logan Marshall-Green who plays Holloway in Prometheus. There’s no major spoilers or anything but he does talk at length about his experiences filming on set.

What can you tell us about your character?

I play Charlie Holloway, who is a scientist and the love interest of Elizabeth Shaw, Noomi Rapace's character. They are a team. If she's the brains, he's the legs.  I wouldn't go so far to say muscle, but he's the legs. He's the one who leaps before he looks, and sometimes it hurts them as a team but a lot of the times it's helped them.  He takes a lot of chances and so far so good. This mission is one of the chances. The beautiful part is Noomi and I are teamed, but we actually differ in our philosophies as to exactly what we want or what we believe. She's the believer. I'm the scientist. I'm the skeptic.  I'm the atheist, if you will. But we complete each other, for lack of a better word. We make a whole in that sense. I think its what's drawn the characters together romantically as well. It's just this kind of respect, full respect but my skepticism matched with her beliefs, her faith.

Thanks to PrometheusMovieNews.com for the tip.

chupacabras acheronsis

he paints his character as somewhat immature, in that sense, he does sell it. doesn't mean it's a likeable character for everyone, but i know people like that so i don't doubt his performance is appropriate.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on May 02, 2012, 06:38:05 PM
he paints his character as somewhat immature, in that sense, he does sell it. doesn't mean it's a likeable character for everyone, but i know people like that so i don't doubt his performance is appropriate.
Why can't more people understand that?

OpenMaw

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 02, 2012, 06:59:52 PM
Why can't more people understand that?

Hey, heyheyhey! Listen! Some of us have made a commitment to hating this actor's performance, and we're not about to let a little thing like logic get in the way, okay!? DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME SPACE SWEEPER!?  >:(

Spoiler

Fine, fair enough!  :D
[close]

I certainly like the relationship between Shaw and Holloway. That I've always liked.

Cvalda

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2012, 07:07:58 PM
I certainly like the relationship between Shaw and Holloway. That I've always liked.
That aspect has bugged me since day one. His douchiness in the trailers has only made it worse.

All will be forgiven if he just dies a brutal, nasty death. Preferably within the first hour.

Ash 937

Quote from: Darkness on May 02, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
I play Charlie Holloway, who is a scientist and the love interest of Elizabeth Shaw, Noomi Rapace's character. They are a team. If she's the brains, he's the legs.  I wouldn't go so far to say muscle, but he's the legs.

This relationship reminds me of Blaster Master from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.  Anybody see that?  Blaster Master was the name shared by two characters in that film.  One guy, referred to as Blaster, had down syndrome and was really strong.  He carried Master, a quick thinking little person who gave him orders.  Blaster was the legs, Master was the brains.  Together they were known as Blaster Master.  Blaster was eventually killed in the film and Master was left to fend for himself.  I'll bet that Charlie Holloway will get killed and leave Shaw to fend for herself.  This happens all the time in these kinds of movies.

Predaker

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 02, 2012, 07:29:20 PM
Quote from: Darkness on May 02, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
I play Charlie Holloway, who is a scientist and the love interest of Elizabeth Shaw, Noomi Rapace's character. They are a team. If she's the brains, he's the legs.  I wouldn't go so far to say muscle, but he's the legs.

This relationship reminds me of Blaster Master from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.  Anybody see that?  Blaster Master was the name shared by two characters in that film.  One guy, referred to as Blaster, had down syndrome and was really strong.  He carried Master, a quick thinking little person who gave him orders.  Blaster was the legs, Master was the brains.  Together they were known as Blaster Master.  Blaster was eventually killed in the film and Master was left to fend for himself.  I'll bet that Charlie Holloway will get killed and leave Shaw to fend for herself.  This happens all the time in these kinds of movies.
Now I know where Master Blaster the male stripper got his stage name from. Thank you.

whiterabbit

What I want to know is why did they have to make Holloway such a pompous asshole? Why would he risk playing the character? This is a great way to get stereotyped as an actor imo.

:P :P :P

ThisBethesdaSea

He hasn't come off like a pompous asshole, more like a headstrong child. I have heard no dialogue that supports the 'pompous asshole' theory.

whiterabbit

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 03, 2012, 07:01:07 AM
He hasn't come off like a pompous asshole, more like a headstrong child. I have heard no dialogue that supports the 'pompous asshole' theory.
I heard that the egotistic psycho bit is after he has already been implanted. Oh and he doesn't write his own lines either. Though he still looks strange in the movie, straight from the start. As if he Vaselines himself down is the best way I can put it. Of course I didn't know who he was till Prometheus so he better be awesome. Just kid. :P

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 03, 2012, 07:01:07 AMHe hasn't come off like a pompous asshole, more like a headstrong child. I have heard no dialogue that supports the 'pompous asshole' theory.

You know what's worse? A dumbass macho 'look before you leap' himbo type character that shouts stupid shit like 'woooh, you ready for this!'. Now that is supported.

I'm with the 'kill him quick' crowd. ;)

ThisBethesdaSea

Sounds like Hudson to me...

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 03, 2012, 01:56:57 PM

It really doesn't. Hudson was macho, sure, but the rest of the group was calling him on it and putting him in his place constantly.

"You ever been mistaken for a man?" - Hudson
"No. Have you?" - Vasquez

"Sir, how do I get outta this chicken shit outfit?" - Hudson
"You secure that shit Hudson." - Apone

"We got nukes, knives, sharpsticks...!" - Hudson
"knock it off, Hudson!" - Apone

"Smoking or non-smoking?" - Hudson
"Just tell me what you're scanning for, private." - Gorman

"Yeah man, but it's a dry heat." - Hudson
"Knock it off, Hudson." - Apone

"Oh that's great. That's just ****ing great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? This is some really shit now man!" - Hudson
"You finished?" - Hicks

"What are we gonna do!?" - Hudson
"Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, why don't we try that?!" - Burke

"Well why don't you put her in charge!?" - Hudson
"Hudson! Listen to me; Just deal with it, because i'm sick of your bullshit." - Ripley

"It ain't half fair man!" - Hudson
"Hudson give us a break!" - Vasquez

"Think of what!? We're ****ed! We're doomed!" - Hudson
"SHUT UP!" - Hicks

I'm seeing no indication anyone is telling this immature fool to shut his macho, arrogant, douche baggery up.

brodels_nazz

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 03, 2012, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 03, 2012, 01:56:57 PM

It really doesn't. Hudson was macho, sure, but the rest of the group was calling him on it and putting him in his place constantly.

"You ever been mistaken for a man?" - Hudson
"No. Have you?" - Vasquez

"Sir, how do I get outta this chicken shit outfit?" - Hudson
"You secure that shit Hudson." - Apone

"We got nukes, knives, sharpsticks...!" - Hudson
"knock it off, Hudson!" - Apone

"Smoking or non-smoking?" - Hudson
"Just tell me what you're scanning for, private." - Gorman

"Yeah man, but it's a dry heat." - Hudson
"Knock it off, Hudson." - Apone

"Oh that's great. That's just ****ing great man. Now what the **** are we supposed to do? This is some really shit now man!" - Hudson
"You finished?" - Hicks

"What are we gonna do!?" - Hudson
"Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, why don't we try that?!" - Burke

"Well why don't you put her in charge!?" - Hudson
"Hudson! Listen to me; Just deal with it, because i'm sick of your bullshit." - Ripley

"It ain't half fair man!" - Hudson
"Hudson give us a break!" - Vasquez

"Think of what!? We're ****ed! We're doomed!" - Hudson
"SHUT UP!" - Hicks

I'm seeing no indication anyone is telling this immature fool to shut his macho, arrogant, douche baggery up.

Probably because the movie hasn't come out yet.

OpenMaw

Quote from: brodels_nazz on May 03, 2012, 06:56:55 PM
Probably because the movie hasn't come out yet.

No. Because it's not indicated anywhere in anything that we've seen. I guarantee you, aside from dying, nobody is going to tell him to STFU.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed