NECA Alien: Covenant Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 06, 2016, 07:52:31 AM

Author
NECA Alien: Covenant Figures (Read 93,448 times)

Vrastal

Vrastal

already preordered off of BBT, would trather order them all off of amazon but hey arent there yet

Numenosium

Numenosium

The inside of the egg looks NOTHING like it does in the film.

Numenosium

Numenosium

The Neomorph doesn't look like that in the film either. It's much more soft in appearance...more flesh-like. The jaws don't really look like that either. What were the people at NECA looking at when they sculpted these anyway? A concept design? At no time in the film does EITHER Neomorph have that jagged, lumpy appearance. I'll pass...

Xenomorph Boiler

this looks so cool! i am so buying a neomorph!!!  ;D

El Diablo

El Diablo

That's
Quote from: Numenosium on May 20, 2017, 02:24:48 AM
The Neomorph doesn't look like that in the film either. It's much more soft in appearance...more flesh-like. The jaws don't really look like that either. What were the people at NECA looking at when they sculpted these anyway? A concept design? At no time in the film does EITHER Neomorph have that jagged, lumpy appearance. I'll pass...

That's exactly how the creature looked in both test screenings that I saw. I don't think any of this was NECA's fault. It was redone in post.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

As I stated earlier, Neca confirmed that they only had access to the practical suits when sculpting these.
That's why the Neomorph  and Xeno look different than what was on screen.
Not Neca's fault.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Well, they are the company releasing them...

windebieste

windebieste

Would love a 1:1 scale articulated bloodied Neomorph birthling figure. 

That would be meat!

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 20, 2017, 07:50:57 AM
As I stated earlier, Neca confirmed that they only had access to the practical suits when sculpting these.
That's why the Neomorph  and Xeno look different than what was on screen.
Not Neca's fault.
No one is saying it's NECA's fault that the designs were changed, although I'd hope they'll learn from this experience and perhaps wait until the studio actually confirms the official final designs before committing resources to making sculpts and molds.

We may know the truth behind the design process because we're more dedicated fans, but it's NECA that's going to have egg on their face when John Q Public sees the figures on the pegs at Toys R Us and says "Wtf, they didn't look like this in the movie???"

Edit-- especially when BBTS's product listing literally says "this screen accurate version". If that's BBTS just embellishing the product listing, that makes NECA look bad. If that's actually quoted verbatim from NECA's own product description, then that is NECA's fault.

Edit again-- it's quoted from NECA themselves. The designs being changed isn't something you can blame NECA for, but false advertising sure is. :P

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Though to be fair, NECA was caught completely off-guard by the release date change, so changes to reflect the CGI paint-over were probably impossible.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Sure, but continuing to use the phrase "screen accurate" in their marketing is pretty disingenuous.

windebieste

windebieste

They can always just slap a nice round little 'Concept Figure' sticker on the box. 

-Windebieste.

Adorianu

Adorianu

They look bad.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: windebieste on May 21, 2017, 04:12:44 AM
They can always just slap a nice round little 'Concept Figure' sticker on the box. 

-Windebieste.

That's what i was thinking

I think i may hold off and wait to see if we get an updated mold later on.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Numenosium on May 20, 2017, 02:24:48 AM
In the one publicity photo were its attacking daniels it does have a rough skin texture and a bumpier head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed