New monster/technology in Alien 5?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Mar 14, 2015, 09:12:41 PM

Author
New monster/technology in Alien 5? (Read 3,556 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

With each Alien film, the filmmakers have given us something new (for better or worse):

With Aliens they gave us the Queen, with Alien 3 the Dragon, with Alien R the Newborn, with AVP the Predalien and with Prometheus they showed us the true identity of the Space Jockeys and the Black Goo (with all the resulting monsters).

So, you think there will be a new monster or Alien technology in the next movie? (could be human technology too)

evolution_rex

Some possibilities:

-Some man-made genetically engineered Xenomorphs, made by Weyland-Yutani as a weapon.
-We know that the Xenomorphs grow a ridged head crest once they've been alive for some time, maybe if they're alive for more time they grow other features?
-Actually showing the growing stages between Chesburster and full grown Xenomorph.
-That Xenomorph Suit that the concept art showed Ripley wearing, could be some technology that Welyand-Yutani made using the biomechanics of the Xenomorphs.

OpenMaw

SpreadEagleBeagle

-  Weaponized powerloaders (Exosuits)
-  Combat androids
-  Non-android robots
-  Alien-Human hybrid or Alien-Engineer hybrid
-  Some of the "toys" mentioned during Hudson's Dropship Talk. Maybe some weapon that blows a body into filaments or into a cloud of flesh and blood?
-  Some kind of "elite" Aliens
-  Probes from Prometheus
-  Engineer technology - such as a biomech gun or holographic map projector
-  Cybernetics/prosthetics

WarriorRidged

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 14, 2015, 10:40:54 PM
-  Combat androids
-  Non-android robots
-  Some of the "toys" mentioned during Hudson's Dropship Talk. Maybe some weapon that blows a body into filaments or into a cloud of flesh and blood?

I like the way you think!

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Vintage genetics technologies. Old late 80's Cray Supercomputers, specifically something that resembles the Cray XMP. Old gene sequencers, research machinery shelled in a beige plastic casing and plastic wrap. Deep blacks in environments. Maybe a few state of the art, traditionally advanced science fiction material, but things that make sense. Think out interfaces, just like they thought out what the Nostromo would look like. Ron Cob it up a bit, but no too hard, allow distance from that, since it is much much later in the future than the Nostromo was built. Perhaps some kind of 3D Printer that cans stitch together cells and such, but not really as dangerous as that implies. I'm assuming, that The Alien has potential outside of weaponization. Perhaps bio-med, perhaps super-strong material, bio-plastics, there are possibilities. Maybe even using them as a basis for more weaponized synthetic that have a biological edge, genes grafted to a shape that doesn't resemble an Alien at all. A weaponized Alien is actually an idea that could work. Something that you have to eventually confront, given so much time in the series is to stop it from happening, I'm assuming Blomkamp is going in the way it is happening, so I'd hope that they make a design that is not just Aliens who are weapons, but more that everything is progressing past that.

There are some interesting ideas for the Bots in Elysium he could recycle for the Weaponized Synthetic using grafted Alien tissue and genetics, that still require a host in order to grow. Which would make the whole process more horrifying.

Xenomorphine

'The Dragon' wasn't exactly new. It was effectively just a tube-less Alien which ran around on all fours. An argument could be made for the Queen chestburster being 'the next big unseen thing', but it didn't exactly get much screen-time.

Doubt we'll know anything about new stuff until closer to the release. If we at least get a proper biomechanical Alien as good as the 'Prawns' and 'Scouts', it's arguable that most fans will be perfectly happy.

NickisSmart

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 14, 2015, 10:40:54 PM
-  Combat androids
-  Non-android robots

I remember the combat androids from Alien Trilogy, with armor and smartguns. I'd love to see a firefight with those guys versus a nest. : )

Enigneer tech and or suits would make me very happy. Say what you will about the plot of that film, the Engineers themselves were gold. No shitty holograms, though. I wanna actually these guys.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 15, 2015, 12:08:22 AM
Doubt we'll know anything about new stuff until closer to the release. If we at least get a proper biomechanical Alien as good as the 'Prawns' and 'Scouts', it's arguable that most fans will be perfectly happy.

Been staring at my NECA big chap last few days. Since the news hit hard. It would be so amazing to see this thing on screen again and with the ability to build the suit in technically better terms these days, I can only imagine the kind of motion they could get out of it.

Infected

Would be interesting to see a group of androids and not just one, and going in first for recon, armed or not.
Like they should have send David in alone with the engineer.

But im so curious about what Neil is gonna show us,
i dont think he will come up with a simple xeno again, a nest maybe involved and i have a strong feeling there will be some engineer stuff in it, but the nemesis of the humans will be something new and scarier or stronger, gotta be.

The Cruentus

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 14, 2015, 11:15:39 PM
Vintage genetics technologies. Old late 80's Cray Supercomputers, specifically something that resembles the Cray XMP. Old gene sequencers, research machinery shelled in a beige plastic casing and plastic wrap. Deep blacks in environments. Maybe a few state of the art, traditionally advanced science fiction material, but things that make sense. Think out interfaces, just like they thought out what the Nostromo would look like. Ron Cob it up a bit, but no too hard, allow distance from that, since it is much much later in the future than the Nostromo was built. Perhaps some kind of 3D Printer that cans stitch together cells and such, but not really as dangerous as that implies. I'm assuming, that The Alien has potential outside of weaponization. Perhaps bio-med, perhaps super-strong material, bio-plastics, there are possibilities. Maybe even using them as a basis for more weaponized synthetic that have a biological edge, genes grafted to a shape that doesn't resemble an Alien at all. A weaponized Alien is actually an idea that could work. Something that you have to eventually confront, given so much time in the series is to stop it from happening, I'm assuming Blomkamp is going in the way it is happening, so I'd hope that they make a design that is not just Aliens who are weapons, but more that everything is progressing past that.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49667000/gif/_49667497_g2100763-spl.gif

There are some interesting ideas for the Bots in Elysium he could recycle for the Weaponized Synthetic using grafted Alien tissue and genetics, that still require a host in order to grow. Which would make the whole process more horrifying.

I don't think Aliens should be set in a retro future, kinda breaks the immersion and seriousness of the series, the old tech style of Nostromo and Sevastopol can be down to budgets being focused on safety and structural integrity than comfort and cosmetics, while W-Y uses the most advance tech for their ships such as Prometheus.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 15, 2015, 01:17:38 PM

I don't think Aliens should be set in a retro future, kinda breaks the immersion and seriousness of the series, the old tech style of Nostromo and Sevastopol can be down to budgets being focused on safety and structural integrity than comfort and cosmetics, while W-Y uses the most advance tech for their ships such as Prometheus.

If they have CRT monitors in 2122 up to 2179, there is no reason not to consider that there may be overall technological stagnation from budget cutting with the possibility high end facilities have an increasing tier of technological capability.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

It's just what the Alien universe looks like.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 15, 2015, 02:47:51 PM
It's just what the Alien universe looks like.

Exactly. My point was, that there's still a very modern look to the glossy black floors, rows of IBM black servers , and rows of Thinking Machines Corporation connection machines (feature in Jurassic Park). There are all these, very modern looking machines, and I'm not saying exactly buy these products because that would be impossible. But something like that. It would be plausibly advanced-looking enough, while keeping the Covert Facility angle. Also beige shell medical equipment is a recognizable sight, I just like the image.

NickisSmart

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 15, 2015, 01:17:38 PM

Funny. I felt the exact opposite with Prometheus. Yeah, you can explain the sleek look of the spaceship and crew in that film, but Alien was a Gothic Horror film, and you can't really achieved that if everything is surgically clean. Gotta be dark, dirty and doomy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed