Do you think Ripley and Hicks should die in Alien 5?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 11, 2015, 07:29:36 PM

Do you think Ripley and Hicks should die in Alien 5?

Yes
7 (50%)
No
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author
Do you think Ripley and Hicks should die in Alien 5? (Read 4,159 times)

LastSurvivor92

I don't know but I think if Blomkamp makes any future Alien film than I wouldn't kill the main characters off the first time around.

SpreadEagleBeagle

...preferably impaled by a metal beam or falling into molten lead

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Doubt Blomkamp would repeat that.

Ash 937

Personally, I felt like the franchise was "liberated" from Ripley at the end of Alien3.  I don't know which executive at FOX got it in their head that Weaver's character was necessary to carry the franchise and decided to put a clone of her in Alien: Resurrection.  For the franchise, both Alien3 and A:R took the franchise nowhere because they were bound by an unnecessary character that nobody knew what to do with.

Even if Alien 5 turns out to be a huge blockbuster, I doubt Weaver will be in any Alien films after this one.  Simply put, she's too old...so regardless of whether or not she dies (again) at the end of this film, her character will not be too long for the established universe.

Chris!(($$))!

Well said Ash. If anything Blomkamp needs to break the idea that the ALIEN story is limited to Ripley... at least by the end of the film from the way it looks like he'll be taking it.

Jarac

Yup. Give them their due, then send them on their way. There's no better time to liberate the franchise from Ripley then now. It's time.

Deacs1973

There are a lot a people who didn't like the fact that Hicks died in A3 and especially the way he died, so I would say no they shouldn't be killed. maybe then we will get an Alien 6 film

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Deacs1973 on Mar 12, 2015, 12:32:45 AM
There are a lot a people who didn't like the fact that Hicks died in A3 and especially the way he died, so I would say no they shouldn't be killed. maybe then we will get an Alien 6 film

Common sense says that the franchise got so screwed up because they were killed off.  The possibility of a retcon taking so many risks to bring them back tells me that it would be ludicrous to lose these main characters again...

whiterabbit

No way to them being killed off. If they want to kill them off in the sequel so be it but not until we get that second movie. Hey guys, this should be a package deal. If they're going to right off two movies then we deserve two movies. Right?

Lonely Universe

No. We're just now getting them back. Finish their story without killing them. It's doable.

Murfy426

I say kill them off as long as they were cast as supporting characters, I want to see someone new as the driving force behind the story, Ripley as a character is exhausted and to be truly successful this movie needs a lot of fresh ideas like a new main character.

windebieste

Why vote?  They're both already dead.

How many times does Ripley have to die - and still come back. 

She's worse than a Duncan Idaho Ghola that just will not ever f*cking go away.

-Windebieste.

Jarac

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 12, 2015, 02:28:50 AM
Quote from: Deacs1973 on Mar 12, 2015, 12:32:45 AM

Common sense says that the franchise got so screwed up because they were killed off.  The possibility of a retcon taking so many risks to bring them back tells me that it would be ludicrous to lose these main characters again...

Common sense says the franchise got screwed up because FOX 1) couldn't let Ripley go and took ridiculous decisions to bring her back 2) because for a time, Fox just didn't give a hoot if a movie was good, they just wanted money..

How A3 ended was good. Ripley weng out in a blaze of glory stopping the Company from getting a queen. It was how Hicks and Newt were just killed off at the beginning that people hated and the bleak tone of the film that put a lot of people off.

NickisSmart

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 12, 2015, 09:39:47 AM
Why vote?  They're both already dead.

How many times does Ripley have to die - and still come back. 

She's worse than a Duncan Idaho Ghola that just will not ever f*cking go away.

-Windebieste.

The hand of God is with her, haha.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 12, 2015, 09:14:25 AM
I say kill them off as long as they were cast as supporting characters, I want to see someone new as the driving force behind the story, Ripley as a character is exhausted and to be truly successful this movie needs a lot of fresh ideas like a new main character.

If we discard the last 2 movies then Ripley's character is not exhausted anymore.  In fact she's refreshed as if she slept for 57 years...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed