Michael Biehn *could* be in Alien 5

Started by Vrastal, Mar 01, 2015, 01:16:31 AM

Author
Michael Biehn *could* be in Alien 5 (Read 44,936 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegazilla on Mar 01, 2015, 04:44:39 PMI don't really understand this attitude from some people -- this is a lazy movie done for the money! The actors are in it only for the money! Etc.

Me either. While I don't like the idea of where this film may be going, it doesn't strike me as a cash-grabbing exercise. It seems like it was the idea that spawned the film, rather than a desire for money.

windebieste

Yep.  You said it.  It's a cash grab.

Just like his work in 'A:CM' was  a cash grab.

Grab the monehs and run.  F*ck yeah.  I'd do it.

-Windebieste.

acrediblesource

I think there are ways to make movies FLAWLESS even though the heart and soul is missing. If people assume the obvious that it is a cash grab then I say so be it. What is a cash grab? Avengers and the Avengers sequel, Captain america and CAP AP 2 winter soldier. Iron man ,1,2 and 3. So WTF? Alien 5 comes out, and everyone is like BOOO hisssssss.
There are alot of Marvel fanboys out there that are going they trashed their beloved characters but the movies were POLISHED poop.
I for one aren't expecting a great script but if they put flawless aliens in there then I'm game for a late night show.

WHy? Because there hasn't been an XENOMORPH movie in years and if they don't make one now, there will never be one.
HEnse, why Ridley Scott is producing.
Tada!

Adam802

The difference between Alien V and ACM is that Blomkamp is an actual fan who genuinely gives a f**k about the franchise.  The shills at gearbox who wrote ACM were a bunch of c**ts who couldnt care less obviously. 

Biehn was actually disappointed with ACM (like the rest of us).  He was quoted as saying that the guys at GBX had "obviously no passion" or something along those lines.  He WANTED to do ACM and bring hicks back and was passionate and excited for it bs he wanted hicks back ever since 1992.  But he knew from reading the lines written for him in ACM that it was garbage. (as did we, when we heard them in game.) 

So even though hes probably doing this for money(like every actor in every movie), hes also personally passionate and into it.  I highly doubt hes doing it ONLY for the money.  Biehn is a genuine fan.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 01, 2015, 09:33:30 PMThe shills at gearbox who wrote ACM were a bunch of c**ts who couldnt care less obviously.

...who repeatedly and emphatically said they were huge fans.

Adam802

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 01, 2015, 09:46:11 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 01, 2015, 09:33:30 PMThe shills at gearbox who wrote ACM were a bunch of c**ts who couldnt care less obviously.

...who repeatedly and emphatically said they were huge fans.

Yeah, bunch of liars.  They wont even acknowledge the game's existence now.  Probably for the best........cowards.......

Son Of Kane

Correct, Gearbox is the worst.

Vrastal

Randy pitchfork jokes about how awful the game is.. i will never buy another gearbox game

Valaquen

Valaquen

I've seen a few people on facebook who were also at the con and asked the same question. He answered, "Most likely."

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 01, 2015, 09:26:30 PM
I think there are ways to make movies FLAWLESS even though the heart and soul is missing. If people assume the obvious that it is a cash grab then I say so be it. What is a cash grab? Avengers and the Avengers sequel, Captain america and CAP AP 2 winter soldier. Iron man ,1,2 and 3. So WTF? Alien 5 comes out, and everyone is like BOOO hisssssss.

The Alien fandom, frankly, is very jaded by now. For a good deal of them there hasn't been a good film in the series for almost 30 years now.

Ledgic

Ledgic

Lets all be real, Blomkamp is gonna revive the franchise and give us a rightful sequel to aliens even so if the fanbase is jaded. I think blomkamp is the best guy for the job and scott producing is a cherry on top. Now the waiting

Steven Millan

Steven Millan

Nice to see that Michael Biehn is going to be included in Neill Blomkamp's new ALIEN film,since his career has been on a severe downslide as of late(with the terrible films he's done with his wife Jennifer Blanc),and this ALIEN film is a positive step in the right direction for the series,something that the HALLOWEEN series sorely needs to fully resurrect it back to life(from the massive damage that's been done to it by the Weinstein Brothers,the assorted hack filmmakers[that have directed the films since Part 5]),and Rob Zombie[who has no clue about the fascinating mystique that Michael Myers has that allures fans to him]).

Perfect-Organism

Blomkamp's whole career exists because of his love of all that is Alien and Aliens once could say.  His love for the films informed his career choice, his genre choice and his sensibilities.  There is no guarantee that he will do a good job, but I want this Frodo to carry the ring as best as he can.

Michael Biehn loved his Hicks character and I think it really devastated him as a person that he did not get to continue the character as the natural progression of the story would have indicated.  I don't think he's in it for the money though I hope he gets a TON of it.  He's in it for vindication and he will give everything in his soul to play this part right if it happens.  I can't wait to see him return as Hicks.  If anyone deserves this second chance, its Michael Biehn.  I hope you embrace it folks.

As for Blomkamp, once again I don't think it's about the money.  I mean yes, if he succeeds he will reap the rewards, but it is clear to me that this is a life long dream for this guy.  Does anyone here know what it takes to have a dream and to have the will and the determination to move heaven and earth to get to a stage where you attain it?  He became a sci-fi director precisely for this moment.  I want to support him in this quest, because that's the kind of person I want at the helm.  He should have this one good chance and I hope we all put differences aside and support him.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 02, 2015, 01:12:28 AM
He became a sci-fi director precisely for this moment.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Blomkamp is most at home making smaller films a la District 9 and Chappie where he has total control. Elysium started out as a smaller project in the same vein, but as it went on he decided to go big with it so that he could essentially have a big Hollywood cinematic experience under his belt.

After the troubled production of Halo he essentially said that he would never work in an established universe again. Obviously that has changed (in interviews over the years he mellowed out a bit on the subject, and now he's obviously doing an Alien film). Aliens, The Terminator, RoboCop, etc. are all huge influences on his career, like you said, but I don't think he broke into the industry with explicit plans of making films in any of those franchises. It just happened to work out that way in this case when he came up with an idea for an Alien film he felt was worth pursuing. He's clearly been inspired by all of these films (just watch any of his features, or even his shorts, and you'll undoubtedly see it), and I'm sure that that inspiration will be evident here as well, but the way it seems to me he'll probably go back to doing smaller films for the majority of his career after this unless he really winds up shifting gears. Which is, admittedly, entirely possible. Though I don't think it's likely. I really hope to see his Mild Oats project come to life some day, at least.

daabbot

daabbot

it broke my heart when i went to the movies and corporal hicks had been killed. it took me many years to accept alien 3 because of it. very happy to hear that they are going to write him back into the new film.  ;D  ;D

Gridseeker

Hell yeah! If God exixts there would be some justice for Michael and his character in Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed