Recent posts

Yes, it's a masterpiece. I think that almost nobody is going to be disagree with that, but yes it's slow af and I never could watch the entire damn thing in one shot. I always watched one half a day and the next day the other half, and that considering that I love long and slow movies mostly

Quote from: SM on Today at 01:08:10 AMIt's slow. There are times when it's in danger of disappearing up it's own arsehole.

At the time it was marketed as action adventure, and everyone bought into it because Han Solo and Indiana Jones was in it. I didn't see it in cinemas but later on video or TV and I thought what the hell is this rainy dark depressing crap? And why can I see the wires on that flying car? I re-evaluated it as I got older and liked it more.

Now it's a movie like 2001 or Apocalypse Now where I can enjoy the slowness and just get a bit lost in it.

Overall I'd say yes it's good, don't think it's a masterpiece.  And obviously influential.
Well, Apocalypse Now (the theatrical cut) it's one of my favourite movies and I never considered slow. For me it's like Alien, I didn't feel like this movies are slow. I just love all the ride. Having saying that, the extended cut of Apocalypse Now it's real pain, the newer scenes didn't made the movie better
Alien Films / Re: Egg on Sulaco
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 01:15:06 AM
What if everything in Alien 3 is correct and Aliens is wrong... 🧐😉 Cameron simply didn't foresee Fincher's magnificent vision. 🤣

(I'm now picturing the 'true' events of Aliens, with the Alien 3 aesthetic, and it is glorious).
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Jurassic Park Series
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 01:12:38 AM
Looks interesting, I was let down after Season 4 and 5 of CC but I will give this show a chance. It's good that they are using the Atrociraptor, a lot of the new Dominion dinos had very little screen time. I hope to see more of the Pyroraptor
Alien vs Predator Films / Re: Has Alien vs. Predator (20...
Last post by SM - Today at 01:11:05 AM
How is cloning - something that was happening and in the news while Whedon was writing "over the top"?  Supervillains??

This must be some new definition of parody  wasn't aware of.
Yeah, that's great and all but daaaammnnnn those wait times for the predator was terrible 10:00 + minutes regularly. I might play 4 or 5 games a night and it would be over an hour.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Was Blade Runner actually ...
Last post by SM - Today at 01:08:10 AM
It's slow. There are times when it's in danger of disappearing up it's own arsehole.

At the time it was marketed as action adventure, and everyone bought into it because Han Solo and Indiana Jones was in it. I didn't see it in cinemas but later on video or TV and I thought what the hell is this rainy dark depressing crap? And why can I see the wires on that flying car? I re-evaluated it as I got older and liked it more.

Now it's a movie like 2001 or Apocalypse Now where I can enjoy the slowness and just get a bit lost in it.

Overall I'd say yes it's good, don't think it's a masterpiece.  And obviously influential.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Teaser Trail...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 01:05:18 AM
Who doesn't like cheese ?
I wish you the best man.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Cailee Spaeny Interview
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 01:04:26 AM
#TeamSkullMotherf**ker
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed