AVP PlayStation 1997 E3 Footage

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 20, 2022, 03:57:12 PM

Author
AVP PlayStation 1997 E3 Footage (Read 2,241 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I haven't seen this before. I guess there was a PlayStation version of AVP which was shown off at E3 1997. I knew about the cancelled Xbox version but not this one.

https://twitter.com/PSPolygons/status/1571979509284614144

BlueMarsalis79

I might actually kill for that Xbox version.

[cancerblack]

:'(

Kradan

Kradan

Sol

Sol

Love stuff like this. I hope one day a build of that will be discovered and released online. That would be cool. Along with that 32X version of the Capcom Arcade game.

Kailem

Kailem

Wow, I never knew about this either. That would have been pretty awesome to have a console FPS AVP game back in the day (besides the one on Jaguar).

I think I heard a brief bit of Die Hard Trilogy in the background there too! That game had some very distinctive sound effects.

Corporal Hicks

I'm surprised you could hear anything other than bow bow, chick chicka chicka

I can't recall the footage itself being on there, but I think AvP News had information on a PS version of the game back in the day. Might be worth a trawl through WayBack for anyone interested.

Darkness

Darkness

I don't recall it ever been planned for X-Box but it was announced for PS1, Sega Saturn and rumoured later for Dreamcast. There is some talk and screenshots about the PS1 version in some of the magazines in our game page that I uploaded. I've never seen this footage though so I'll definitely add that.

Corporal Hicks

The X-Box thing was something later, I believe. There were rumors of Natural Selection. Whether that's what became Extinction or not, I couldn't tell you.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 21, 2022, 02:23:45 PMI don't recall it ever been planned for X-Box but it was announced for PS1, Sega Saturn and rumoured later for Dreamcast. There is some talk and screenshots about the PS1 version in some of the magazines in our game page that I uploaded. I've never seen this footage though so I'll definitely add that.

I think you're right, I was confused there. Someone released a fan-made port for the game (AVP 99), think that messed with my memory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed