Help! AVP Pre-order Skins Problem!

Started by #6.0, Aug 05, 2010, 05:07:02 AM

Author
Help! AVP Pre-order Skins Problem! (Read 4,445 times)

#6.0

#6.0

Awesome right?

Well I realize I did not do my due diligence on this, since it has been months since the game came out.

My pre-order code in not working, I got all the maps it promised, but not the skins.

I called xbox, and they told me even though I pre-ordered, i would unlock them after leveling up. but this is not that case after a quick breeze on this site, SEGA has no live reps to talk to, and I do not have the code card anymore. Should I call GameStop?

Any Ideas? I want to get my moneys worth.

AcidGlow

so.. you preordered the game... and you just popped the code in 6 months later?...

or.. did you just buy the code from ebay.. or off someone?..

but really.. I heard they expired.. who knows.. by the way.. the preorder skins are worth pennies.. they suck..

Adey

Adey

codes have a year before they expire.
What troubles me about your post is that you said you got the maps it promised you but not the skins, yet there is no version of the game you can pre-order to get both maps and skins it's one or the other: survivor edition has skins and hunter has maps, which did you pre-order?
Judging by the fact you got the maps only, it must have been hunter edition.
but if the code actually said skins on it, did you get them off Ebay cos the person who sold you them could have already used them.
Don't forget either that even though games are region free, codes are not so if you have UK xbox live account and purchased US codes they won't work.

Corporal Hicks

You got the skins for any edition of the game as long as you pre-ordered it.

Try emailing Sega support.

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2010, 02:48:59 PMTry emailing Sega support.
Yeah, like that's gonna work. ::)

Corporal Hicks

Obviously worked for the broken Face-Hugger issue. They're not completely useless. Just mostly.

#6.0

#6.0

Quote from: AcidGlow on Aug 05, 2010, 07:06:37 AM
so.. you preordered the game... and you just popped the code in 6 months later?...

but really.. I heard they expired.. who knows.. by the way.. the preorder skins are worth pennies.. they suck..

No no, I entered the code the day i got it.

Adey

Adey

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2010, 02:48:59 PM

I pre-ordered Hunter edition and only got skins  EDIT: Meant maps not skins soz for the confusion

chazo136

maps when i got hunter edition

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Adey on Aug 05, 2010, 08:17:22 PM

I pre-ordered Hunter edition and only got skins  EDIT: Meant maps not skins soz for the confusion

That would be your retailers fault then. They were supposed to provide you the codes.

AcidGlow

Quote from: #6.0 on Aug 05, 2010, 07:35:23 PM
Quote from: AcidGlow on Aug 05, 2010, 07:06:37 AM

No no, I entered the code the day i got it.

And you only wondered why it didn't work 6 months later?

Quote from: Adey on Aug 05, 2010, 08:17:22 PM

as far as i know, the retailers that sold the hunter edition did not do the skins, and vice versa.

chazo136

skins r rlly sht anyway, the alien pred...terrible design. the number 6 alien, probaly the best out of the lot, seeing the fact you play as 6 in the campaign, and kaneko? just another marine we couldnt care less about. id prefer the map codes than the skin codes anyday. but this is just my opinion.

Marr

Marr

Don't worry you aren't missing much!

chazo136

not really missing much is so true....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed