Things in the trailer not in the final game..

Started by AcidGlow, Jun 22, 2010, 11:14:12 AM

Author
Things in the trailer not in the final game.. (Read 5,968 times)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJgdU_S5U-U#ws

During the marine trailer.. at 1:06 the marine knocks himself down with a grenade.. an alien jumps him.. and the marine KICKS him off.. I guess the final version of the game was made so all frontal finishing moves by aliens were done on a standing marine. even if the marine is knocked down, the alien would pick them up and put them on 2 feet for the animation of the finishing move.. Would've been a cool one to see while the marine was on the floor..
1:12 the preds eyes glow yellow just as he grabs the marine for a trophy kill..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTTBDvrs1i4#ws

The Red vision, different hud and the changed laser lock crosshairs..
And the weird alien jumping attack.. The alien jumps with their face first like in avp2.. it's not the focus attack cause there is no claw swipe. This also shows the vision swipe was changed. The trailer one at 0:54 shows the image used between switching visions looks like the voice recorder but in the final game the image between vision modes is the same color of the vision mode. "blue for thermal and a very bright yellowish green for alien". And let's not forget alot of the footage is from campaign mode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NtpnNjh3jI#ws

And in the story trailer it looks like they changed the vision swipe effect again. There are alot of changes to the game from what we have now. But I'll give Rebellion this, they sure know how to make good trailers by setting up their own scenes that are made just for the trailers. And, you can see the pred doing a taunt and roar. That should've been in the multiplayer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKG6dyA110#ws

At the end, the pred does the chest stab trophy kill on the alien and you hear an Android laugh during that time.. is it just me.. or is that Android laugh perfect for a predator taunt? I heard them alot during campaign and I don't know why they gave that sound file to androids.. it suited preds much better..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJrpOiAylLU#ws

Right at the start, the pred leaps from column to column and you can hear a wicked taunt as he stalks marines..

S.Y.L

that`s why everything said "Work in progress" at the top.

alanwu1233

Actually they are still in development :)

War Wager

They probably took out kicking the Alien off because it created a shit storm on this very site.

xenotool

everything creates a shitstorm on avp sites though. "omg that makes the alien look weak"= 40 page thread.

michibee

man that trailer looks great! but the actual game sucks big time  hehe

AcidGlow

Quote from: S.Y.L on Jun 22, 2010, 11:20:51 AM
that`s why everything said "Work in progress" at the top.

Remember when the Demo came out and it said "this version does not reflect the final product" ?
The demo WAS the final product.. there was nothing different between the 2 versions. With that being said.. I also noticed that in their developer walkthrough they made the pred do a trophy kill with 1 button, he didn't need to do a knockdown or stun.. glad that was changed, wow. :o But the alien jumping on the knocked down marine was so cool.. too bad it was removed.. They should've gave aliens 2 types of finishing moves.. 1 on stunned marines after a tail whip and the other for knocked down marines from a focus attack or counter..

Le Celticant

I also notice in this early trailer that the Predator vision colouring gradient is just almost perfect.
The blue is dark as in the movie.
Damn why did they made this blue so bright in the final game!!!! It's horrible.

A55tricky

i waited 8 months for this game.

i joined this site just to talk about and learn more and and keep updated on avp. telling everyone how good this game would be. said to everyone that rebellion will do fine.

i was wrong, everyone one who said the same or agreed with me was wrong.

i played this game for 1 week and never played again.

you will never see me on this site again because every time i look at it, this site reminds me of one of the biggest disappointments of my life... after avp and avp:r.

you may say i'm not a true fan but i'm pretty sure if george lucas said he was making a sequel to return of the jedi and instead came in your house while you sleeping and anally raped you to the point that your sheets were stained with blood, you might not be as true a fan to star wars as you once were. sorry to say he did that with the animated movie. all the things i once loved are going down the shitter. all i do now is sleep work and watch what ever my wife watches ( bones, law and order or any other old people crap) because it all seems the same to me now. one big pile of creamy shit.

this game was my last ditch effort to have hope that something i love isn't going to be destroyed. i have lost all hope now.

good bye and good luck. i will remember you all. 

MrBrokenTusks.

Um. Ok you do realise most of us don't like those 3 things either (I actually love the game) and that there is a board for the old films, comics and general discussion boards.

newbeing

Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Jun 23, 2010, 07:11:45 PM

you will never see me on this site again because every time i look at it, this site reminds me of one of the biggest disappointments of my life... after avp and avp:r.

Wow. You are either 10 years old or you have the happiest life that anyone could ever hope to have if this is the 3rd biggest disappointed of your life...

skull-splitter

Quote from: clinton_haeckl on Jun 23, 2010, 07:11:45 PM

Patience, my young padawan: most of us waited 8 years

Quotei joined this site just to talk about and learn more and and keep updated on avp. telling everyone how good this game would be. said to everyone that rebellion will do fine.

i was wrong, everyone one who said the same or agreed with me was wrong.

i played this game for 1 week and never played again.

I think with all the feedback AvP has gotten over the weeks after release, I don't see them run the show anytime soon, and once more we'll most likely have to wait another few years before another attempt is made. That, or the sales will get the green light lit all too soon, and Rebellion get's another go (which I only see allowed if there's tighter development, perhaps to join hands with another studio, much like it's happening with MoH at the moment)

Quoteyou may say i'm not a true fan but i'm pretty sure if george lucas said he was making a sequel to return of the jedi and instead came in your house while you sleeping and anally raped you to the point that your sheets were stained with blood, you might not be as true a fan to star wars as you once were. sorry to say he did that with the animated movie. all the things i once loved are going down the shitter. all i do now is sleep work and watch what ever my wife watches ( bones, law and order or any other old people crap) because it all seems the same to me now. one big pile of creamy shit.

Spot on with the comparison. Like SW's se-/prequels, both Lucas and Rebellion haven't been told "Boy, this isn't a very good idea, just listen to what fans like about the originals and spend less time on polishing the shell and more time on the structure that holds it" But rape and shit and all... Unwanted, unneeded, out of place.

Quotethis game was my last ditch effort to have hope that something i love isn't going to be destroyed. i have lost all hope now.

good bye and good luck. i will remember you all.

Before you jump, get a grip: you want a perfect AvP? Become a writer, become a developer, a modeller, a texture artist, a millionaire to fund it, make contacts.

Undel

Topic: Things in the trailer not in the final game..

We already have threads for complaints, reviews, etc... That said, please try to stay on topic.

Cap. Fitzgerald

In the story trailer it shows the player marine crouch down to look at something (cutscene) in a lab as Tequila says the trouble started line and then she clutches her chest and gets dragged through a wall by an alien as the marine turns around.

Adey

in one of the trailers a marine grabed an alien under the jaw and shoved his shotty in its mouth and blew its brains out as a trophy kill, that would have been wicked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed