Whislist for next patch

Started by -Sharky-, Apr 12, 2010, 08:13:32 PM

Author
Whislist for next patch (Read 20,278 times)

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

Quote from: Highflys on Apr 13, 2010, 11:50:43 PM
About the Wall Tail, it takes 3 hits to kill an enemy, but the stun from each almost guarantees a consecutive hit. This could be fixed, but it would be taking away from the Alien's already limited offensive capabilities. Granted, in levels like Pyramid, it becomes absurdly spammable. But this is where strategic planning comes into play. If you're playing with aliens, it makes sense that you should stay away from walls and avoid lingering in hallways. Hallways and walls are the Aliens' turf, just like high perches are occupied by Preds so they can see everything and strategize accordingly.There are definite and simple ways to avoid the wall tail. Such a conditional advantage does not deserve nerfing. However, if it had to be done, how would balance be preserved? Reduce stun and increase damage? Or simply learn from your own mistakes? Just stay away from walls and be more aware of your surroundings. Who's going to use Wall Tail if a smart Marine is out of reach and continually punishes Wall-Tailers? No one.

I'd honestly take a damage increase so it takes only 2 wall tail hits to kill a marine(I know it only takes 2 atm, so no change) and pred aslong as the stun was removed, that way the alien player has to use a modicum of skill to get kills and not rely on the permastun.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

Quote from: ManaCraft on Apr 12, 2010, 11:32:44 PM

- The smartgun should have more ammunition upon pick-up and should actually sound like a smartgun

- The flamethrower should deal more damage and expend its ammo supply less quickly

- Predator heavy attacks may be reliably countered

- A fix for bunny hopping

- Spawn protection

- Spawn protection is very needed, like I said it can ruin hunt mode.

-I totally forgot the smartgun sound since I use it very rarely, but yes it should get a sound fix in the next patch.

- Flamethrower fix, and I really like the idea of getting kills with it even after you die because some poor guy is still on fire.

- Like with the flamethrower, alien acid should be able to kill a marine or predator even if the alien dies and it should not be counted as suicide. Face it people, it's rarely you get killed by acid right? And since this is something the alien player can't decide when to be activated, we wouldn't have "Alien martyrdom kills" all the time either right? And instead of giving the alien all these boosts in melee so it can be equal to the predator, perhaps the acid thing would equalize it? When a predator attacks an alien you can afterall clearly see acid on their wristblades. Let's say you hit the predator once with LA, and then another one but then he kills you, perhaps the acid should take care of the rest, IF the predator has lost more than x health? Just a thought.

- If you see a predator use HA, you can cancel it with LA right? Lately I haven't been able to do that much ??? :(

- Bunny jumping , nah can't say this is ruining online gameplay.

- As for the crouch discussion: Why add it to all the AI in the marine campaign (yes the androids who's taking cover behind all the crates on the map), and not give it to the player? Crouch is a very standard feature for all FPS games, and even in this game it is needed, and I can see the use for it in MP.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The issue with taking way the wall tail or weakening it is you take away the Alien's already meager offensive abilities. Were you to reduce its power, you'd have to rebalance its melee. This means making it better than the Predator's melee and giving it some kind of frontal, immediate-range advantage against Marines.

So I guess what I'm saying that I'm all for it, as long as the Alien's melee gets improved as compensation.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

Quote from: Wolf_sas on Apr 14, 2010, 09:21:00 AM
I'd honestly take a damage increase so it takes only 2 wall tail hits to kill a marine(I know it only takes 2 atm, so no change) and pred aslong as the stun was removed, that way the alien player has to use a modicum of skill to get kills and not rely on the permastun.

Remove stun and the alien is the most vulnerable species in the whole game, they can't move without being noticed by predator's vision or marines motion tracker, so when they first get in close, they should be able to unleash a good amount of damage as in the movies. Just saying it.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

Also I would like to see something done to the host leaving issue when playing ranked match. I shouldn't be punished with a loss because he leaves. Same thing goes for quit game, people quit for many various reasons, and they shouldn't be punished for it. When you quit you shouldn't get XP - that's it, we have a decent solution.

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

Quote from: -Sharky- on Apr 14, 2010, 09:28:57 AM
Remove stun and the alien is the most vulnerable species in the whole game, they can't move without being noticed by predator's vision or marines motion tracker, so when they first get in close, they should be able to unleash a good amount of damage as in the movies. Just saying it.

Not really, if you up the damage you can kill a pred in 2 hits which come out as fast as light attacks and have a range of 15 feet(or so it seems), this seems balanced to me, infact I dont know which mode you guys play, but I only play species tdm and the pred's always come third when the teams are even, thats because the predator doesnt have that run and gun ability that the aliens and marines have.

With marine you spawn and start firing, the pulse rifle just rips it up. With the alien you spawn and start wall tailing, youve got the speed to avoid gunfire and projectiles and the ability to move seemlessly between cover at high speed, also aliens stealth kill animations seem faster than the preds imo.

With the predator you've only got your blades, so you must then get up high, focus jumps take time, and give away your position with the dust cloud upon landing, you have to collect your weapons, I only go for the plasma caster now as the disc is shit now they nerfed the damage(they should have left the damage as it was, but make it use 2-3 bars of energy per throw, after all that targeting laser doesnt power itself).

Yes the spear is ok, but anyone who tells you they use it more than any other weapon is lying his ass off, its slow, the throwing arc is so high the spear comes down with snow on it and you can only move at a crawl when weilding it.

Also my finger is worn out from pressing the F key(vision mode cycle). :)

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

Two hit kills with alien tail would piss a lot of people of I think. But please correct me if I'm wrong here: Isn't it possible to get 1-hit-kills with wall tail on marine if you aim for the head, and 2 hits on pred and alien? Is I am correct then there is no really need to fix it.

Another thing they should fix in the next patch is this bug where it is stated that you have 2/3 or FULL amounts of HP left when you are lying dead on the ground ??? :o

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

And the fact you're dead on the ground and it comes up "press E" to stealth kill.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

Yeah know, it shouldn't be hard hard to fix those bugs really.

But what is the best solution to fix SK? I'd say reduce range and make it possible to cancel it if you turn around the moment the alien/predator press "E" while it's still "charging up" before the animation starts.

Also, SK should be canceled when you run around a corner or as predator use focus jump and jump of to another platform far away - when out of range even after SK is activated =cancel -it's out of range;)

Add SK cancel probability.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

But what we really need in this game and fast is Punkbuster or some other program like this cos the game is starting to get meny cheaters now, I've posted the names of the ones I've seen so far and more and more people are adding names to the list, so if you want a clean fight, I advise you to to to that thread.

Cheating can kill an online game if it's not done something about it. It's happened before

Imp Hunter

Imp Hunter

Hmm what would i like to see.

- A melee balance
- More customisable servers

Stealth kills are fine, a lot of people have said it before, if your stupid enough to turn your back on an enemy then thats GG. Think about it, in COD if you turn your back to an enemy or they happen to catch you with your back to them, they can line up to your head and one left click to kill you.  Hows that any different from press e to win?

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

Because if I hear someone coming in mw2 I can turn and start shooting, if I try the same in AvP the guy spams E and does a SK even though I'm facing him, thats with a ping of 40.

Imp Hunter

Imp Hunter

I must be blessed or something, ive never had that happen to me 0_o

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: Imp Hunter on Apr 14, 2010, 12:57:05 PM
- More customisable servers

Survivor in dedicated servers.
Ranked dedicated servers.
Fixes for Predator Hunt and Infestation.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

Quote from: Wolf_sas on Apr 14, 2010, 01:54:23 PM
Because if I hear someone coming in mw2 I can turn and start shooting, if I try the same in AvP the guy spams E and does a SK even though I'm facing him, that's with a ping of 40.

Yes this is what I mean, they should make it possible to cancel SK by turning around before the animation starts, while the attacker is charging up SK.

Another thing I'd like to add to this list is:

- 3 Minutes for predator in hunt mode not 1.20 or whatever it is (not sure). If you play against 2-3 marines on gateway, you can easily run out of time before you even find someone to kill. Yes it has happened.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed