Favorite race in AvP?

Started by -Sharky-, Feb 23, 2010, 08:36:15 PM

What is your favorite race in AvP?

Predator
Alien
Marine
Author
Favorite race in AvP? (Read 5,574 times)

worldslaziestninja

worldslaziestninja

Alien followed closely by pred and I always thought I was horrible at marine but playing ranked matches I find im learning to use him a bit better. If you can find the enemy as marine and get it in your crosshairs its over.

Regarding the disc spamming. I normally play as alien and I don't have much of a hard time dodgeing discs really. Its not an instant kill by any means.

o_O_SAUSAGE_O_o

o_O_SAUSAGE_O_o

very true.... now if only the bad alien players can take note of this skill

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: o_O_SAUSAGE_O_o on Mar 10, 2010, 02:43:53 PM
very true.... now if only the bad alien players can take note of this skill
Balance isn't suppose to fit to hardcore gamer only but to the average.
Disc is Over Powered.
I personally don't have trouble with it since I run, hide, doing ambush and be very sneaky.
But seeing the amount of player who die against a disc is weird.
Also, there's no way to make a front attack.
Predator can get 10 aliens in 2 minutes with his disc.
Alien can get 2 Predators in 2 minutes.
Here is da problem.

By the way, I enjoy playing as an Alien or a Marine.
I don't like the Pre-datoor. Doesn't feel like a true hunter, it's just a tank spamming around is weapon with lack of knowledge who hasn't done any hunt season before trying to get 2 marines, killing one, killed by the other.
Sad.

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 10, 2010, 03:23:44 PM
Here is da problem.

Aliens shouldnt be making a frontal attack on a predator, you have a 'walhack', they don't.

In response to the second point - wall tail.

And yeah my fave race is Predator by a large distance :P

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Wolf_sas on Mar 10, 2010, 03:26:47 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 10, 2010, 03:23:44 PM
Here is da problem.

Aliens shouldnt be making a frontal attack on a predator, you have a 'walhack', they don't.

In response to the second point - wall tail.

And yeah my fave race is Predator by a large distance :P

1) Shouldn't but you can't force either a player to do it the way it suppose to be.
Also, sometimes, you get no choice and have to do a frontal attack.

2) WAZA Tail wall! It's like the disc, very noobish. Make one hit and you already know the prey is dead. It's in fact some sort of instant kill which take 3 seconds. Also, it doesn't needs aim since the tail has auto-aim.

Atrox

Atrox

wow a wall hack. man, Alien's are overpowered....sarcasim. What good is the wall hack when a Pred can A) hit you from a mile away with a disk, B) hit you a mile away with a laser canon and C) can lunge attack you, which Ive yet to be able to block, knock you on your ass and its game over man almost every single time. Wall hax my arse. Maybe to idiots who just stand there and dont look up.

As for the OP, Alien without a doubt. Its amazing, challenging and super fun. I like the hecrtic, high speed aprroach of it. Definately the most unique.

The marine, to me is a cheap version of the COD soilders. I know, its not but not havuing the scope aim on the plasma rifle really annoys me. Thats an easy problem to fix though. Just need to play it more :)

Namihana

Namihana

2) WAZA Tail wall! It's like the disc, very noobish. Make one hit and you already know the prey is dead. It's in fact some sort of instant kill which take 3 seconds. Also, it doesn't needs aim since the tail has auto-aim.

Wha? You know, considering the Alien's VERY limited ranged attacks, I'd say this is something to exploit.

Atrox has a point.

Wolf_sas

Wolf_sas

OT but, if you're getting hit by the disc and plasma caster from a mile away, l2p.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Namihana on Mar 10, 2010, 03:55:44 PM

Wha? You know, considering the Alien's VERY limited ranged attacks, I'd say this is something to exploit.

Atrox has a point.

Yeah gamer, always exploiting things the developers forgot. Like in AVP2 the guy who did stagger and thought "use it is fair since it's a weak weapon without."

hardwired

hardwired

Predator>>Marine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alien

For the first time it feels somehow right to play preds. Im suprised about the improvement from the focusjump, after i thought its caused by casualplayers/consoles. Sprint is more realistic and its cool to run and jump so fast trough the maps.
First time you got real melee, insteed of that FPS-knifecrap from the previous AVP's. And if preds are at least equal it actually makes sense to fight aliens in melee.

Like the disc, the WW-tail and the stealthkill can break the fun/experience quite often (and god knows, i dont even pick up the disc). Still hope they fix all that and make the alien equal or at least more equal in melee. Its annoying to fight in melee and then get stealthkilled/killed with the disc as alien or stealthkilled/killed with walltail from aliens or overall killed by those things.  :-\

Sadly only whristblades as meleeweapon and no option to play only with them on one hand.

A spear would be cool for melee, but personally I prefer the glaive like the one in conrete jungle. Maybe it would be nice to put a glaive (or maybe the spear as meleeweapon) in the mix, that you have to pick up (or allready have it as meleefocused class) and you got less chances with wristblades as aliens in melee, but equal or more with the glaive/spear.

Overall I dont like the alien-gameplay. You maybe always play rine in other games, but the alien is to limited in gameplay for me.
Besides I suck as alien and my head hurts, if i play some time with it.  ;D

But they are cool as enemys.  :)

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

I saw someone mention that wall tail has auto aim ??? ??? Not as far as I can remember, I've missed with wall tail several times, I remember some guy said: "wow dude just saw your tail went straight by my face"!

And it's not insta kill always, so I don't see the problem with it really. Besides it has very limited range so it can be avoided - disc spam cant be avoided.

Namihana

Namihana

Quote from: -Sharky- on Mar 11, 2010, 08:52:17 AM
I saw someone mention that wall tail has auto aim ??? ??? Not as far as I can remember, I've missed with wall tail several times, I remember some guy said: "wow dude just saw your tail went straight by my face"!

And it's not insta kill always, so I don't see the problem with it really. Besides it has very limited range so it can be avoided - disc spam cant be avoided.

Depending on how fast you press your buttons, disc spams CAN be avoided.

hardwired

hardwired

Quote from: -Sharky- on Mar 11, 2010, 08:52:17 AM

If you play with a pred against a alienpro who managed to become good with the walltail, you are screwed.
I complained about that and they just say themeselfes, its unfair, but it doesnt made sense to fight preds in melee, cause they are to strong (And I believe them). Its effective and the fight ends faster with the walltail, then most meleeconfrontations.
Its a similiar problem as the disc.
I was screwed cause i generally avoid to pick the disc up, but i wished to play in the same cheap way, they actually did, but I dont think thats the best way to play it.

Thats why im pretty pissed of people, who say the disc need a fix (I agree on that, it is obvious) and want a boost for aliens in melee (Again: I agree), but the walltail is ok the way it is (I totally disagree).

The way the stealthkill works is a mess, too. In many or maybe the most cases, it doesnt seem like a problem, but there a several situations, where it just make it frustrating to fight more then one enemy and go in melee.
Maybe Im the only one, but I dont care about my kills, if I theres no possibitly to manage to stay alive for some time or kill 2 enemys in melee, like I managed it in AVP2-AJL (I still prey for a norespawn mod like warzone in Gears of War). And that "watch your back"/"learn to play"-crap is no argument, I respect people who like the stealthkill the way it is, but they have to respect my opinion, too.
I feel forced to avoid meleeconfrontations and to stealthkill by myself and I dont feel good, if I do that, even its maybe "realistic".

With that issues I dont see the point of the whole meleesystem, besides preds and aliens should be equal in it and overall equal (I would appreciate to feel more doomed as marine, btw.  ;D).

After all i just played with the rine (aliens cant complain about preds disc and overpowered melee and I cant complain about walltail and stealthkills), but finally stopped playing cause all of this and there are often no matches with a small amount of players (which I enjoy far more, you probably know the reasons).

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Lol@ dodge the Disc. The Predator makes a total mockery of the melee system on top of <block> <disc>. It touches you on several fronts (from its pounce, to its absurd heavy attack, to light plasma shot, lol the list goes on), you're stunned and dead.

Laughable defending that in even the smallest way.

Highflys

Highflys

Isn't the game supposed to be based off of the movies or something? If it is, then I'd say it does a good job. In AVP, all 3 predators get killed (the first 2 easily, the 3rd not so much) but there are way more alien deaths than that. Especially in AVPR. The preds were meant to kill many aliens and the aliens were meant to have a hard time killing even one predator.

In the first movie, one pred was killed by SK and the other died by its own stupidity. Sound familiar? But the 3rd one pwned the aliens and even got a sick blow to the queen(Jump and Stab awesomeness).

But purely as a game, not based on the movies, Rebellion did a horrendous job. As a so-called "Balanced Game", every species should be able to hold it's own without having any spam moves like the disk/PC/Wall-Tail. But if they went through with making one alien able to hold it's own against a fully-armed predator, that wouldn't make any sense canon-wise.

I have no idea whether they were trying to make a game or an interactive movie. Either one turned out to be bad anyway. But if your looking for a mix between those 2, I think ya found a great game. Um, good game. Well, an OK game....... this could go on :P.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed