Dynamic maps

Started by jegu, May 16, 2009, 09:06:21 PM

Author
Dynamic maps (Read 3,277 times)

jegu

jegu

Would you want to see dynamic maps on AvP3, meaning that almost everything in the maps could be destroyed. Sorta like in Crysis or in Battlefield: Bad Company. I'd seriously want to see this, since it would bring so much new options to gameplay. Like marine destroys a tunnel in order to prevent attack, while aliens could just dig through. Or marines could bombard a jungle, knock out all trees and turn the place into blazing burning hell, in order to seek out that annoying pred from treetops.

I want to see this, what about you guys?

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

No, because I actually want the game to run on my PC. :P

I'd rather the humans just barricade and weld doors together. Aliens digging in sounds cool though.

EDIT ~

Dynamic lighting is a must! I think Rebellion confirmed that in an interview anyway.

Xhan

Xhan

Dynamic lighting was confirmed.

And yes I'd like splodey maps.

RumorControl

RumorControl

Nah, it's not necessary.  Dynamic lighting is enough.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I'd like things destructible to an extent... So yeah...
I would like dynamics...

kvon17

kvon17

no. it would get annoying. there would be holes in everything due to acid...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: kvon17 on May 16, 2009, 11:54:46 PM
no. it would get annoying. there would be holes in everything due to acid...

That's a good thing! :)

Environments should not be completely destroyable: Certain materials should only react in certain ways. Being able to lay waste to vegetation with flamethrowers, though, is a perfectly valid military tactic. I'd like to see trees being able to fall in certain directions, too, depending on where the force is applied to them.

Aliens being able to crash through ceilings and floors would be a beautiful way to recreate certain film scenes.

affinity

affinity

I would like workable elevators but other than that I think destructible stuff would just make the maps look worse graphically and cause sslowdown and framerate drops and lag.

jegu

jegu

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 17, 2009, 03:44:00 AM
That's a good thing! :)

Environments should not be completely destroyable: Certain materials should only react in certain ways. Being able to lay waste to vegetation with flamethrowers, though, is a perfectly valid military tactic. I'd like to see trees being able to fall in certain directions, too, depending on where the force is applied to them.

Aliens being able to crash through ceilings and floors would be a beautiful way to recreate certain film scenes.

Of course everything wouldn't be destroyed. Things considered as soft materials could be wiped out, like trees, concrete, mud, etc. I do not think that dynamic maps would lag the game. Perhaps make dynamic maps as server option in MP?

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Yeah, soft things should get destroted. Like, if a pred gets blasted, he flies in the air, hits through a wall and squishes you just as you are about to kill another Pred.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I would love to see building melting down all around me as a Marine as Xenomorphs die all around me :p

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on May 17, 2009, 06:39:15 PM
I would love to see building melting down all around me as a Marine as Xenomorphs die all around me :p

And you will die with them.

8)

Blitzx

Blitzx

Didn't they say in an interview that acid didn't burn through materials in real-time? :-\

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Blitzx on May 17, 2009, 07:00:41 PM
Didn't they say in an interview that acid didn't burn through materials in real-time? :-\

You got a point there.

Blitzx

Blitzx

No wait. That was A:CM. Then again, if they can't do it in that game, I doubt they'll be able to implement it in AvP3 which is a shame.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed