Skirmish?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 20, 2009, 06:20:16 PM

Author
Skirmish? (Read 6,699 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's been something that only Rebellion does. AvP1 and AvPR both featured them. I hope they're in AVP3 too.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

I still play Skirmish for AVP:Gold.  Love it  ;D  took me ages to get me AVP:Gold XP compatable.

Xhan

Xhan

If it's the same as before, pass. If it's "waves of whatever bots you choose til the "good guys" die", then yes. There are "skirmish" maps for avp2 in UMP 2 + updates btw.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xhan on Mar 20, 2009, 11:27:08 PM
There are "skirmish" maps for avp2 in UMP 2 + updates btw.

It's been something that only Rebellion does out of the box.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Monolith didn't have the time to finish it completely to my understanding, so some things aren't what they were supposed to be anyway in AvP2. Yet they managed to complete a far more complex AvP than Rebellion ever did.

I like AvP 99, but I find that many fans overrate it by miles...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not in terms of gameplay, IMHO. AvP2 has a coherent storyline between the 3 species. AvP1 is three seperate mini-games essentially and far more exciting to play IMHO.

marky

marky

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2009, 10:42:59 AM
Not in terms of gameplay, IMHO. AvP2 has a coherent storyline between the 3 species. AvP1 is three seperate mini-games essentially and far more exciting to play IMHO.

Like Vantage Point :P But there it was 7 people.... Skirmish was fun in AVP-R, and I would love it in a new AVP game. For me it would be excerices for online play.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: skull-splitter on Mar 21, 2009, 09:31:27 AM
Monolith didn't have the time to finish it completely to my understanding, so some things aren't what they were supposed to be anyway in AvP2. Yet they managed to complete a far more complex AvP than Rebellion ever did.

I like AvP 99, but I find that many fans overrate it by miles...

What Monolith bragged we were going to get and what we got were miles apart. If thye had kept their mouth shut, evaluation of the product might have been better... but even DESIGN choices in the game are hosed, as opposed to incomplete features and persistent bugs, so frankly even in that regard, it's a lesser game than its forebear. The only place Monolith did better was allowing content creation and the framework thereof. They deserve props there, but not much else, especially in light of how much shit they talked about avp1 and rebellion in general.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Never heard Monolith having bad views on Rebellion, well, if I disregard valid points as storyline, leveldesign and such...

Monolith made a far more complete game than AvP ever was. AvP was a techdemo, and a likable one too. But as a game, it failed miserably IMO. But the atmosphere was killer!

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Uhh... what is skirmish?  :-[ :-X

Xhan

Xhan

Endless moronic Alien Ai for you to pwn.

Mustafuk

Mustafuk

Until one predalien or praetorian rips you apart from behind.

Unforgotable avp skirmish sessions here.

I expect one BIG COOL skirmish mode in avp3..., as OP says, only rebellion can handle this 8)

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I play only Skirmish in AvP G. Yeah they should totally make a skirmish mode in AvP 3!

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

If they re-make skirmish in AvP3 I want it in a large infested marine base, where it feels like your fighting for your life, where you cant see anythingm, you feel the adrenaline pumping through you, your heart racing a mile wondering where you'll get attacked from next, this is what made AvP for me.

I love the situations where you dont know whats going on, your running for your dear life, everytihng is hectic, gun-fire can be heard from everywhere. Or, your all on your lone-some wandering through an area, where everything is quite.

This, was what made both AvP games for me.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I would find it amusing if you could be an Alien who had to face waves of civilians screaming in panic for their lives. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed