Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 301,248 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

X-Files, 24 and the Walking Dead for me, at least as far as non animated series' go. Unfortunately, as is often the case, they all went on too long and suffered a drop off in quality as a result, although I'm still enjoying TWD a lot more than many seem to be. The Two Fathers/One Son two parter was the ending of the X-Files in my head canon, the show (especially the Mythology stuff) took a steep drop off after that. At its best though, no other show has gotten me as pumped as that did.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 17, 2021, 09:27:56 PM
X-Files, 24 and the Walking Dead for me, at least as far as non animated series' go. Unfortunately, as is often the case, they all went on too long and suffered a drop off in quality as a result, although I'm still enjoying TWD a lot more than many seem to be. The Two Fathers/One Son two parter was the ending of the X-Files in my head canon, the show (especially the Mythology stuff) took a steep drop off after that. At its best though, no other show has gotten me as pumped as that did.

X-Files. I concur. The best.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Neon Genesis Evangelion
BattleStar Galactica '04
Doctor Who (NS Seasons 1-4)
Sherlock
Bojack Horseman
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 24, 2021, 12:28:52 AM

Lol cry in 4K

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 24, 2021, 12:37:34 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 24, 2021, 12:28:52 AM

Lol cry in 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oIhAGhvBt0
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jokes aside, that was some fine television

(and so was the Smith stuff tbh -- was just more sinusoid in quality than before)

ace3g

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Feb 20, 2021, 03:24:35 AM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 17, 2021, 09:27:56 PM

X-Files. I concur. The best.

And now I have it all on Disney+ Star too!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Never bothered with X-Files, yet anyway, I'm sure that will all change with a certain someone.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Most anticipated television coming in the (relatively) near future:

Better Call Saul Season 6
Raised By Wolves Season 2
David Lynch's Unrecorded Night
Noah Hawley's Alien

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 07, 2021, 03:05:08 PM
Noah Hawley's Alien

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 07, 2021, 03:05:08 PM
Most anticipated television coming in the (relatively) near future:

Better Call Saul Season 6
Noah Hawley's Alien

Rian Johnson's Poker Face is an immediate addition to this list. And while I'm at it, since I forgot to mention it in the list, James Gunn's Peacemaker.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Welp, as of today I can go right on up ahead and say that The Sopranos has entered my list of favorite shows.

Yes, even the finale, which I thought was phenomenal.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2021, 09:43:34 PM
Welp, as of today I can go right on up ahead and say that The Sopranos has entered my list of favorite shows.

You seem to like polarizing endings, ala Battlestar Galactica / LOST. 🤔 I'm not saying it's bad thing, btw. Actually, I like them too.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2021, 10:05:50 PM

You seem to like polarizing endings, ala Battlestar Galactica / LOST. 🤔 I'm not saying it's bad thing, btw. Actually, I like them too.  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2021, 10:15:54 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2021, 10:05:50 PM

https://rossonl.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/part-18-1.jpg

Aye! and I still have a hard time interpreting that ending, but it is genuinely creepy and somewhat sad... :-X

Spoiler
Despite Cooper's efforts to change the past and save Laura, the horrors are still there haunting her when she's Carrie. She cannot be happy, regardless of the alternate universe in which she is living.  :-[

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed