NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,187,918 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Another thing to take note of, is that Wolf is using an all new sculpt. So NECA has yet another body to work with, increasing the diversity of future Predators. Same goes with the eventual Super Predator redos. They have said in the past they'll get a new ultimate body as well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gridseeker on Sep 28, 2017, 02:51:39 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 27, 2017, 07:12:16 PM
I believe there was:

Masked
Unmasked
Unmasked open mouth
Masked battle damage
Stealth

There was also a semicloaked version, exclusive for the SDCC 2008 and that would be the complete variant lists of "Wolfie".

It seemed a lot more than that. But still, 6 variants for one guy is pretty impressive.

windebieste

windebieste

There's also at least 2 variants of the Predalien featuring either the mouth open or closed.

It just goes to show how popular the figures are even if the movie is widely regarded as bad.  Obviously, enough people regard the figures quite well - even if the articulation on them is rudimentary by NECA's current standards.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Which is why they're redoing them, I suppose. They're always asked about updating them on Twitter.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Yeah that's true. It's gotta be the one question Randy is asked many many times.

"Are you gonna redo Wolf?"
"When is the Wolf Predator being released"
"Ultimate Wolf when?"

It was pointed out by other Twitter users how much he's been asked that one question.

Many consider the movie trash (I just consider it meh), but Wolf has a lot of fans.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The movie is definitley not at the top of my list, and while I don't understand the praise Wolf gets I will admit he's cool. Definitely cool enough to buy his figure and a Pred-Alien (or two)

Kailem

Kailem

According to the visual guide there was:

Masked
Masked Battle Damage
Open Mouth
Closed Mouth
Open Mouth Battle Damage
Cloaked
Mid-Cloak

So 7 variants total. I got the Open Mouth Battle Damage as a gift many years ago, but looking at all the versions they released and how long ago that was (and just given the character in general) it's obvious why they decided to make an Ultimate out of him. I'll definitely try to pick this up when it comes out, along with the redone Predalien whenever that's released too.

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

I've been trying to figure out if or when NECA is going to release the bone throne?  I can only find previews and stuff on Google.  I can't find much other than people saying NECA was going to reveal details about it in February, but thats as much info as I can find.  Does anybody know anything about it?  I've jumped into the Predator figure line and have started building a diorama already.  This chair would complete it.

GQSioux

GQSioux

I'm loving my 1/4 scale Jungle Demon. It's truly stunning.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Neca says the bone throne will be early 2018

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Ok, good.  While looking through their Predator lineup on NECA's website, I noticed almost everything is discontinued.  I didn't know if I just came too late to the party for the bone throne.  I wish I knew about the trophy skull accessory packs earlier.  They're pretty damn expensive now.

Also, is there any way of getting just a Queen head/skull?  I'm thinkin' of getting one of the pop figure queen xeno's and dremeling it down a bit to add to my WIP Predator diorama.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteFinalizing the blister layout for the Ultimate Ahab Predator - he's loaded to the gills ;P #prednesday

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/918138259015905280

We're getting a general release Ahab! Yeeeaaahh!

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I can't wait to put Ahab on my self.
I'd love if they did some of the Marines from Life and Death too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't think they'd have the mass appeal to be worth it. Maybe Galgo at a push?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I could see them doing Galgo as a retool of the David figure with a new head, since then spacesuits were the same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed