Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 49,281 times)

Kane's other son

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 24, 2019, 03:20:37 PM
The flipside of that coin is whether Ridley would agree to do a sequel if he couldn't do it exactly the way he wanted.

The impression I got was that he was very much the boss when it came to Covenant, and the studio largely deferred to him. Whether that's still the case after the movie under-performed, I couldn't say.

I got the exact opposite impression. Ridley Scott was vocal about the beast being toast and moving to a new direction and then we got a delay in the development project and when the project came back, it was a bona fide alien movie. It really feels as if Fox demanded from Scott to dial down the Prometheus connection and include the big chap.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed Kane's Other Son;

One final Ridley Scott prequel. Under supervision, and/or collaboration.

Spoiler
Push the creator, creation angle even farther by revealing the SJ's created the Engineers eons ago, some cataclysm happened and they disappeared. They discovered the Alien, it destroyed them. The Engineers, millennia later inherited their technology.

The Pathogen, which the SJs derived from the Alien, somehow (the audience isn't told) is all that remains of that Galactic extinction event. Ruins, and technological remains. The SJ's wanted to fight fire with fire with the Pathogen, but the Pathogen- although destructive to worlds- couldn't infect or best the Alien. In fact it always worked it's way towards something resembling the Alien more and more with each use. All the Space Jockey's race die, all but a few. They're effectively extinct.

So the Engineers, in their hubris- flying too close to the sun, make the same mistakes in using this almost "seductively" powerful Pathogen, believing they can control it- it leaves their civilizations in ruins LV-223 being the source of the main disaster, which they abandon. So obviously they banish the Wolf, undo their creation but in the process become the insular and primitive society we see in Covenant.

David gets the wrong end of the stick, believes he's creating something original but in reality it is guiding him to almost supernaturally, resurrect the Alien from extinction. He would realise this when he discovers the Derelict, or the Derelict discovers him- and that would be his grand downfall- not just physically but mentally.
Spoiler
Do it.
Spoiler
A talented team and a new vision afterwards.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Pay me, 20th Century Fox/Disney.  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 25, 2019, 12:21:16 AM
Agreed Kane's Other Son;

Spoiler
Push the creator, creation angle even farther by revealing the SJ's created the Engineers eons ago, some cataclysm happened and they disappeared. They discovered the Alien, it destroyed them. The Engineers, millennia later inherited their technology.

The Pathogen, which the SJs derived from the Alien, somehow (the audience isn't told) is all that remains of that Galactic extinction event. Ruins, and technological remains. The SJ's wanted to fight fire with fire with the Pathogen, but the Pathogen- although destructive to worlds- couldn't infect or best the Alien. In fact it always worked it's way towards something resembling the Alien more and more with each use. All the Space Jockey's race die, all but a few. They're effectively extinct.

So the Engineers, in their hubris- flying too close to the sun, make the same mistakes in using this almost "seductively" powerful Pathogen, believing they can control it- it leaves their civilizations in ruins LV-223 being the source of the main disaster, which they abandon. So obviously they banish the Wolf, undo their creation but in the process become the insular and primitive society we see in Covenant.

David gets the wrong end of the stick, believes he's creating something original but in reality it is guiding him to almost supernaturally, resurrect the Alien from extinction. He would realise this when he discovers the Derelict, or the Derelict discovers him- and that would be his grand downfall- not just physically but mentally.
Spoiler
Do it.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

The Old One, I am not down with your resistance to the Alien 3 retcon, but the above thing you wrote is right on the money!  That saves everything that Covenant screws up, allowing the derelict to remain ancient and mysterious.  All we need to do is show GLIMPSES of the real space jockey.  Literally, one scene where one of those things is seen moving in the shadows.

You can literally have David eggmorph everyone on the Covenant and make us believe it will be the derelict on LV426.  Then it turns out that derelict was already there and it's not the same one.

Somebody please go film this!

The Old One

The Old One

No "Morphing" but thank you.  8)

Perfect-Organism

Ya, I'm not married to morphing either.  I've always been rather ambivalent about that idea.

I guess what I'm trying to get across as a cool thing is the idea that everyone expects the people in the Covenant to play a hand in creating the eggs on the LV-426 derelict, but your idea subverts that.

Just as long as we don't get a universe littered with derelicts...

PredBabe

Lucy in the Sky looks good.

Let's do this.

Highland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 24, 2019, 03:20:37 PM
The flipside of that coin is whether Ridley would agree to do a sequel if he couldn't do it exactly the way he wanted.

The impression I got was that he was very much the boss when it came to Covenant, and the studio largely deferred to him. Whether that's still the case after the movie under-performed, I couldn't say.

mmm, I would have said the opposite. Seemed more to me like Ridley had a plan set out, the Studio said nah put the Alien in it and then we ended up with Covenant.

I'd imagine that's why the third one is so sticky. Do you go Alien or Prom.....

Master

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 25, 2019, 12:21:16 AM
Agreed Kane's Other Son;

Spoiler

Spoiler
Do it.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

That...

...is actually briliant idea. I  also wanted Engineers to be  Jockey creation. This should be done, not as a series,  but as a motion picture. Three hours long and expensive.

The Old One

The Old One

As Sheev Palpatine said; "Do it." :D

Nukiemorph

So I've been very curious as to when Emma shot Noah down.  I don't see any reports on when this happened.

Was this before Covenant, when they still had huge hopes for the franchise because Prometheus was a success?

Or was this after Covenant, meaning she still had high hopes despite Covenant's disappointment?

Evanus

Yeah I'm curious too. We need answers!  :o

The Old One

The Old One

Curious indeed.

Russ

Mr H summarises:

SuperiorIronman

It all just makes me believe that Fox is trying to relive the glory days and are unable to accept what the franchise is and where it is now.

Television is not only cheaper but because you can stream your also not entirely beholden to the networks. So not only can you get away with a smaller budget, you can still do things that otherwise you can't do on network television. A show also does not have to be 12 episodes but you can do 6 and still get away with it with minimal creature FX. It's not only better to use the creature sparingly but it's wanted and expected by the fan base to use the Alien in sparing and creepy ways. You can get away with minimal usage of the Alien in an Alien product, it is possible.

I get the want to keep it in theaters but if your fanbase is eager to consume content but you can't muster the money to put it in theaters, your not going to convince investors or producers of a big budget franchise if your prior products are going downhill. People will put out the money for Alien, they will not put out theatrical dollars for it. Now a streaming show is definitely the way to go and Fox has an outlet with Hulu, so why not stay streaming until the franchise is capable of supporting a big budget release again.

HuDaFuK

On a slight tangent:

Band of Brothers is coming back to TV in the UK and seeing the trailer for it today reminded me just how superb and cinematic TV can be these days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed