AICN David Fincher Interview

Started by Darkness, Dec 31, 2007, 07:34:05 PM

Author
AICN David Fincher Interview (Read 15,396 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a new interview with Alien 3 director David Fincher on AICN. It’s mainly about the movie Zodiac but there’s a section on Alien 3 about the problems he faced.

“No, I mean again there were about six months on that movie where things were really exciting and we were going to do all of this different stuff and then the studio took over and that is sort of where things took a nose dive. It was like things were mandated, like blueprints for sets were cut in half and they just said, “This is the half of the set you get.”

It all comes down to script. That’s the thing you fight over the hardest and the longest and fight for first, but I mean yeah the stupidity of it was of course... I mean we had a lot of great ideas for a lot of really great stuff. Jake Scott did some amazing designs for a bunch of stuff that I brought to London and flipped everybody out with. They were like, “This guy’s bringing in his own set design.” But there was a lot of really interesting stuff and we just never got to explore it, because we were chasing a start date.”

Check out AICN for the full interview as well as mp3 files of the interview. Thanks to WeaponX for the news.

Clark

Clark

Too bad Fincher's not on the Quadrilogy bonus docs. It'd be great if he was also involved in Alien V too - but what as?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Foxs loves f*****g with things don't they, I am surprised we even  have one good film of the Alien and Predator series, never mind a on going franchise.

wolfboy

wolfboy

Great interview

BBB

BBB

So? I don'nt give a shit. It's sorry for him but Alien 3 sucks. It's the ony alien movie that i hate.   :-[  

wolfboy

wolfboy

If you don't give a shit then don't read it, idiot.

Hmm, Alien 3 I really didn't like, but Alien 3 Directors Cut I really really love.  And exactly, some fans, the only thong they can say that something "suxx", but which elements "suxx", well that is hard for them to tell, losers.

Greenband

Greenband

I liked Alien 3, though not as much as Alien and Aliens. Did it have faults? Yep. But it did have good qualities too. It showed the Alien as the killing machine it should be depicted as. It also was able to maintain and intense and scarey atmosphere unlike the movies the followed it. Plus I always liked the music in that one :-)  Alien Resurection was my least favorate of the four. However, I did enjoy aspects of the storyline. Personally, I feel that they should have ended the Ripley story line with 3. Although I did not like the new born, I do agree with the reason they did it (To do something new, and not rehash the same story).   My least favorate of all the movies thus far was the original AVP. The entire last 20 minutes if the movie basically did it in for me. Although AVPR was enjoyable for the action sequeneces, it really does seem that FOX has run out of good ideas for Alien scripts.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

David Fincher rarely does interviews, Im suprised he did one for AICN.

Fox itself doesn't give a littliest f**k about it, thats the truth, and that is sad, but expectable.  Now its us, the fans that give a really HUGE f**k about it, and if the screenwriter and directors (like Strauses) for example are also fans then we are at home. The only thing is the budget.

Nosferatus

Nosferatus

david did a good job on Alien 3..i really love this movie for its depresive feeling....its a pity that he couldnt make it absolutely his way

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

"It’s sort of like if you’ve been in a massive car accident where you just kind of remember the aftermath."  Heh...

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I thought Alien 3 was a great movie, it had great music, style, acting, true they killed of Hicks and Newt, but at least it had the dog alien.    P.S. Meeting Morse from the movie was also great.

Craig

Craig

I've seen Alien 3 once 2-3 years ago and don't remember it being that great. Looks like I'll rent it..

frankaster

frankaster

BUDGET AND FOX EXECUTIVES, that where the factors that misteriously made the predalien to be a queen, even that you have the animatronic from the last movie you need a dam of money to make it move and stuff, so for save money they say, made the predalien the queen so we save the money for i don't know why and repleace the queeen, the egg sac, eggs, facehuggers, and look does the predalien mouth looks like facehugger so you got it strause do you se the executive of fox makes your lifes easier and we richier and if thats not enouhg we'll contract again the same guy who aid anderson to write the 1st film, and my son whants to do lighting and you can use some people from our shows like 24, don't waste money in ussesless big name proffesional actors and hooo there's a writters strike so you can't change the script... now you have less than a year to deliver a movie in december holidays... and we still have a lot of money. muahahahaha!! dam fox! y hope that camron made an aliens fan fiml durin his vacation and make it somekind free and he will pownd fox!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed