Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage

Started by ikarop, Sep 30, 2011, 05:00:30 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage (Read 67,229 times)

Taraka

Reading over the forums, the news about the game and what I've seen. I'm sorry to say it, but I have no interest in the game. I mean, I'd like a survival horror game of Aliens. You know? Something that's immersive and gonna give you the thrills and chills we had watching Ripley deal with them. When Alien Triology came out, the fps made it a little creepy because of the limitations. AVP it got creepy because of the unscripted enemies, and dark areas. The last game was kinda the same, just unpolished and too short.

But I don't want another FPS Aliens game. Seriously. I know alot of people out there do, but to me, especially with this game, it's gona be more focused on the multiplayer. Thus, nothing special in the campaign.

I'll name 4 things, if they mixed it properly, it'd be mind blowing and addictive to me. But that's all I can say.

Aliens (Xenos and Colonial Marines, with all movie traits.)
Resident Evil/ Biohazard, the remake (Camera Angles, lighting, and inventory)
Silent Hill (Tention build ups, dark atmosphere, clever and subtle puzzles)
and a damn good story.

Nero the Jackal

What i meant about the alien warrior walking on all fours is that in Alien and Aliens they walked mostly bipedal, the only time that i remember seeing them on all fours is when they were sneaking, Wall crawling etc, but since alien resurrection, the film makers have made the Alien warrior walk on all fours despite their heritage, In Alien 3, It was acceptable because it came from a dog and its known that aliens take traits from the host and i wasn't condemning new ideas, Some are good but like what one of you said, Its the execution that is the problem and i agree. The queen was good because it made sense to the life cycle, the dog alien made sense because it shows their adaptiveness and that they take traits from its host. but the predalien was a disaster, adding the new life cycle just confused things somewhat and they said its was a young queen, The problem with this is that takes less than 10 mins for a chestburster to grow to adult (in the AVP films) but throughout the film the predalien stays the same, AVP messed up the life cycle badly.

As for the crusher, I am not against it but i think it would need an origin that doesn't mess up the life cycle. It still is an awesome looking game though and regardless of the origin of the crusher, Its a game so it comes under expanded material and thus it won't effect canon, So i shouldn't worry so much, Ever since the avp films, I feel that the franchise should be treated with more care and made by experienced creators. Amusingly, i came across someone who actually thought AVP-R to be one of the best films ever. :laugh: ok, i know people are entitled to their opinions but that was just crazy talk.

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteI'll name 4 things, if they mixed it properly, it'd be mind blowing and addictive to me. But that's all I can say.

and a damn good story.
Well Taraka, a supposed Dead Space style Alien game, by Creative Assembly, is in the works now. A possible step in the right direction at least.

Nero the Jackal

Dead space had a over the shoulder type third person view, While it looks good, I would prefer a FPV. AVP 2 by monolith was brilliant, It had a good story and scares, That is a good example of a decent alien game, A:CM looks good but it might be full of horror and FPS cliché's such being a one-man army or that its your character who has to do everyone, in a squad there would be more than one person and presumable of higher rank and thus more capable. i can almost hear the whole "ramirez! do everything!  :laugh: 
I'm still curious about why the complex still standing when the entire area is nuked, The derelict could possibly be still standing but the atmosphere processor was near the main complex.

Taraka

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Oct 06, 2011, 07:12:27 PM
I'm still curious about why the complex still standing when the entire area is nuked, The derelict could possibly be still standing but the atmosphere processor was near the main complex.

I gave up thinking that over. It's just a poorly written story at present.

And a Dead Space Style Aliens game, not bad. I look forward to seeing it. Necromorphs got nothing on our Xeno's!

Xenomrph

QuoteIt's just a poorly written story at present.
We don't know that, seeing as how we don't know all the details of the story. :P

SM

Quote from: PLEXI on Oct 06, 2011, 05:36:33 PM
QuoteI'll name 4 things, if they mixed it properly, it'd be mind blowing and addictive to me. But that's all I can say.

and a damn good story.
Well SM, a supposed Dead Space style Alien game, by Creative Assembly, is in the works now. A possible step in the right direction at least.

Taraka you mean.

QuoteWhat i meant about the alien warrior walking on all fours is that in Alien and Aliens they walked mostly bipedal, the only time that i remember seeing them on all fours is when they were sneaking, Wall crawling etc, but since alien resurrection, the film makers have made the Alien warrior walk on all fours despite their heritage, In Alien 3, It was acceptable because it came from a dog and its known that aliens take traits from the host and i wasn't condemning new ideas

A number of the Alien attacks in Alien3 are done while the Alien is standing (Rains, Clemens, David, possibly Dillon)  And we Aliens getting around on all fours in Aliens.  The method of locomotion is not an issue in the slightest.  They do whatever they like depending on circumstances and environment.

QuoteI gave up thinking that over. It's just a poorly written story at present.

At present, yes.  I don't see that changing.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 06, 2011, 10:14:13 PM
QuoteIt's just a poorly written story at present.
We don't know that, seeing as how we don't know all the details of the story. :P

It´s in the damn FAQ (Look UP!!...).

´But wasn't the Hadley's Hope colony destroyed by a nuclear explosion at the end of Aliens?
Gearbox explained that because the explosion from the atmosphere processor originated from ground level, the energy of the blast was focused into a narrow range, leaving most of the Hadley's Hope colony standing, albeit heavily damaged.´   

...so ´poorly written´ does sound likely...

PLEXI

QuoteTaraka you mean.
Whoops, sorry about that. Fixed. >.<
QuoteThe method of locomotion is not an issue in the slightest.  They do whatever they like depending on circumstances and environment.
^This.

It's possible the the choice in host, altering the body, could affect its preferences..  But it doesn't affect their capabilities in the slightest, and could be depicted either way.

rageoutcast

Quote from: Taraka on Oct 06, 2011, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Oct 06, 2011, 07:12:27 PM

I gave up thinking that over. It's just a poorly written story at present.

And a Dead Space Style Aliens game, not bad. I look forward to seeing it. Necromorphs got nothing on our Xeno's!
Well I heard them give an explanation they said something about how the type of explosion would only destroy the above ground parts of the area and the mushroom looking explosion would actually leave the underground area unharmed. and for the aliens they could have easily survived underground or in that space ship with all the eggs.

SM

SM

The explosion would've originated at or just below ground level.  When the marine were on sub-level 3, they were below the primary heat exchanger, which was what was ruptured during the firefight/ drop ship crash.  This extends over a number of levels, up to ground level and possibly over it.

But all this is ultimately pointless.  The makers clearly ignored the film when making the game for the sake of the story they wanted to tell, and expect their customers to do likewise.

chupacabras acheronsis

wasn't LV-426 very geologically active after the terraforming process started? if a quake or volcano could break an arm off the derelict, how could a 40 megaton nuke not shake everything to the ground? it isn't stable soil at all.

MrSpaceJockey

I don't know if it was after the terraforming but yeah, the lava flow managed to damage the derelict a good deal.  It had to be gone by the time ALIENS is over. 

Then again, I doubt the colony is any stronger than an advanced alien ship that carries a pilot integrated into its technology.  Its just the magic of video games.  If the colony is still there I will suspect ol' jockeys will too.

SM

One would expect the area where the colony is to be pretty stable considering your building a huge AP Station that goes six storey underground.  But otherwise, yes, the planet is shown to be geologically active in both films.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Taraka on Oct 06, 2011, 09:55:12 PM
Movie Xenos...I agree...Video games xenos on the other hand are so watered-down and weaksauce that I'm sorry, Necromorphs shit on them from an almighty height (esp. when played on high difficulty levels)...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed