Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 06, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

Author
Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover (Read 54,683 times)

Sabres21768

Is it just me or does he have the beginnings of some graying dreds?  Even the NECA figure shows some grey on the ends of his dreds.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jul 09, 2018, 11:24:12 AM
is this in the same magazine we got the first stills from them? because I never saw this in the book stores yet

Different issue of the same magazine. It's not out in the stores until Thursday.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 09, 2018, 11:59:42 AM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jul 09, 2018, 11:24:12 AM
is this in the same magazine we got the first stills from them? because I never saw this in the book stores yet

Different issue of the same magazine. It's not out in the stores until Thursday.
I never even found the last one

Wysps

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 09, 2018, 11:41:39 AM
Is it just me or does he have the beginnings of some graying dreds?  Even the NECA figure shows some grey on the ends of his dreds.

I can't speak for the NECA figures, but in the magazine it could just be lighting. I haven't noticed graying in any of the other images uploaded so far, not that I'd be opposed  :) I sort of like the idea of having a slightly older and wiser Predator take the lead.

Gazz

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: von on Jul 09, 2018, 09:50:40 AM
wow! ...now let's all laugh at the naysayers who were quick to dismiss the design after looking at amateur shots of a promotional statue  :D

Lol yup, looks 1000 times better in the film. I love the pic of the guy flying through the air.

Oh shit! Thanks for scanning the whole thing, Gazz!

Sounds like Shane Black is as tired of the Ben Kingsley joke as I am.

Dusk

Sigh... So upgrade is really the result of trying to make the Predator scary again. That's... disappointing. So what happens after this Movie? Upgrade obviously won't be scary anymore. What's gonna be the next step for the evolution of the Predator? Are they gonna adapt the four armed Predator from the comics? Will the next one be a cyborg, half machine/half Predator? Kaiju Predators?!

I fear we're gonna end up with another 10 year hiatus after this Movie.

BigDaddyJohn

So
Spoiler
no victoria's secret chopper ?  :'(
[close]

germanator2

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the design. It's not bad looking at all, I just prefer less armor on the Predator. From the script tho, the stuff at the Stargazer lab was some of the best parts.
Spoiler
I really liked when the Predator kills one scientist, cuts off his head and hand to get through the door scanners and even mimics his the scientist's voice as well. It's like something straight out of the recent AVP game
[close]

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 09, 2018, 01:26:18 PM
Sigh... So upgrade is really the result of trying to make the Predator scary again. That's... disappointing. So what happens after this Movie? Upgrade obviously won't be scary anymore. What's gonna be the next step for the evolution of the Predator? Are they gonna adapt the four armed Predator from the comics? Will the next one be a cyborg, half machine/half Predator? Kaiju Predators?!

I fear we're gonna end up with another 10 year hiatus after this Movie.

Yeah, I side-eyed that part of the article, too. It doesn't seem very creative to say "in order to make this deadly, mysterious alien hunter scary and threatening and interesting, we have to just make a BIGGER and BADASS-ER version!" It feels like style over substance.

Complaints aside, that dim photo of him in the ship looks great, very atmospheric. I'm not sure if the mask seems a bit small, or if it's just the angle...? I brightened it up to get a better look and you can see the bottom of his mandibles and everything. Of course I love the shot of him wrecking people in the lab, really looking forward to those scenes.

Dusk

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 09, 2018, 01:44:23 PM
Yeah, I side-eyed that part of the article, too. It doesn't seem very creative to say "in order to make this deadly, mysterious alien hunter scary and threatening and interesting, we have to just make a BIGGER and BADASS-ER version!" It feels like style over substance.

It's such a typical Hollywood way of thinking. I expected better from Black.

brokentusk420

Will looks like complete crap. It's all bells and whistles with zero substance. Character designers today are suffering from marvel shades, in which everything they design looks like a marvel movie suit. Not a single unique creative bone left in their bodies.  Such a shame a wasted opportunity

Wysps

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 09, 2018, 03:26:04 PM
Will looks like complete crap. It's all bells and whistles with zero substance. Character designers today are suffering from marvel shades, in which everything they design looks like a marvel movie suit. Not a single unique creative bone left in their bodies.  Such a shame a wasted opportunity

Idk, I think the suit looks good for this movie. Not what I'd expect for a Predator but I'm totally OK with this being a one time thing. It suits what we expect for this particular Predator in any event. (Now going forward, yeah I'd hope for some more traditional suits.)

huntin8-t0n

the overall design looks nice. It gets better better minute.
but the lower part with the mandibles. Oh my..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed