Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 06, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

Author
Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much? (Read 44,422 times)

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 15, 2018, 12:01:52 PM
Historical/Biblical immense Epic.

Hahahaha....

Well, I hate AVP: Requiem because it's the cheapest of all Alien movies. It looks like a DTV movie filmed in Bulgaria with JCVD money. LMAO.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

whiterabbit

Thread should be renamed to "Why does everybody secretly love AVP: Requiem so much." That would really get the blood flowing.

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 16, 2018, 02:34:55 AM
That would really get the blood flowing.

For some, it would stop completely.  ;D

SiL

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Oct 16, 2018, 01:09:47 AM

Hahahaha....

Well, I hate AVP: Requiem because it's the cheapest of all Alien movies. It looks like a DTV movie filmed in Bulgaria with JCVD money. LMAO.
Shit no, Universal Soldier: Regeneration looks like a $100 million compared to AvPR.

The Old One

The Old One

:laugh: True.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: SiL on Oct 16, 2018, 02:54:28 AMShit no, Universal Soldier: Regeneration looks like a $100 million compared to AvPR.

Digression aside, Universal Soldier is another franchise Hollywood let by the wayside.

Universal Soldier (1992) Directed by Roland Emmerich, is a vastly under-rated early 90s action film.
Universal Soldier- Regeneration (2009) Directed by Peter Hyams son John Hyams is a superb, gritty follow-up. Although you can clearly see JCVD's limited martial art range was glorified ballet dancing compared to Andrei 'The Pitbull' Arlovski more practical mixed-martial arts cage fighting style.

But if you thought AVP-R was mean spirited in its treatment of women; check out this scene from the follow-up "US-Day of Reckoning" (***FLASHING IMAGES*** NSFW, nudity, violence and rape).

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: SiL on Oct 16, 2018, 02:54:28 AM
Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Oct 16, 2018, 01:09:47 AM

Hahahaha....

Shit no, Universal Soldier: Regeneration looks like a $100 million compared to AvPR.

True.

More like a Steven Seagal DTV then.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I think there are many  reasons to dislike the movie.

It had a small budget and it shows. Many disliked the earth setting and for good reason. It just does not feel right.
Some new additions to the lore were more than questionable. For example the predalien chestburster barfing.
The movie was too dark.
The human element of the story was a drag.
The fights, the titular alien vs predator, were more than underwhelming.
The cleaner angle just does not work for me. It just makes no sense that you have a predator running through town, trying to drop his desolving liquid on every trace of the aliens while the whole infestation is spreading...before the humans realize what is happening. How in god's name should that ever work ?
There was only one predator, so the outcome of every battle besides the big final one was never in any doubt.
The aliens... i have no problem seeing a skilled predator dispach aliens but the way they did it in the movie was horrible. There is just no sense of threat from them after the first encounter in the sewers. You feel the aliens just forget they have limbs and a tail whenever they are in melee with the predator and take their sweet time waiting until he finishes them.
It's just not a good movie. I really struggle to see how anybody could see it differently. Sure if you like the movie, by all means enjoy it. I just can not understand why. Even if you just want to see the predator kick ass in a cheap B-movie i can not understand how what you got satisfies you. Would you not like to see an actual fight with a worthy opponent? The fight scenes in the movie don't elevate the supposed elite predator, it makes him look lucky that he was up against such wimpy opponents. The alien in the first AVP and the supposed inexperienced predators from that movie looked like they could beat the shit out of the Requiem predator in comparison.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

How do you love a movie that you can't see? the lighting was the biggest problem of this film. had it been a lot better, the movie could at least have enjoyable predator and alien action in it. I don't know why fox can't go back and restore the movie with better lighting and release a new blurry with the new lighting? yes it will still be a bad film overall to most people but if the lighting was fixed, we can at least enjoy the creature carnage in it. but as it is, you cant see shit at all

Huggs

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Nov 02, 2018, 01:49:08 AM
How do you love a movie that you can't see?

Well...

The Cruentus

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Nov 02, 2018, 01:49:08 AM
How do you love a movie that you can't see? the lighting was the biggest problem of this film. had it been a lot better, the movie could at least have enjoyable predator and alien action in it. I don't know why fox can't go back and restore the movie with better lighting and release a new blurry with the new lighting? yes it will still be a bad film overall to most people but if the lighting was fixed, we can at least enjoy the creature carnage in it. but as it is, you cant see shit at all

The lighting was not the biggest problem by far, there was plenty worse than it.
And what action and creature carnage? floppy dumb creatures that look similar to xenomorphs getting killed without a fight by an incompetent predator?

Fleshwound

The bad lighting helped cover the worst things about the movie. Which is why it is almost entirely too dark in every frame.

Wysps

So in a sense, the lighting was the biggest asset to the film...  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed