New Prometheus featurette : Origins

Started by Darkoo, May 09, 2012, 11:02:09 AM

Author
New Prometheus featurette : Origins (Read 43,175 times)

Gash

Gash

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 10, 2012, 01:47:41 PM
LMG is a homage to Hudson... I think.

Gordon Jackson?

OpenMaw

Quote from: Eva on May 10, 2012, 07:40:09 AM
Sorry, but you must be mistaking me for DoomRulz  ;)

Haha. No!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=43370.msg1357189#msg1357189

Right there. I warned you.

One thing I do find very interesting is that LMG's eyes seem to get better once they're back on the ship. Well, aside from the eye worm thing, but I mean, they look "normal." So maybe shaw and he have their moment together thinking he's all better? Maybe?

eh.

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Gash on May 10, 2012, 04:28:32 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on May 10, 2012, 01:47:41 PM
LMG is a homage to Hudson... I think.

Gordon Jackson?

Now I want to see a trailer mash-up with Upstairs Downstairs....

screamokiemo

Great Feature!

hmmm.. interesting name of that planet huh...

LV-233 i think.. could be 426 but its hard to tell..

EEV-2501

LV-223.

Jango1201

Just an interesting theory I had after watching the clip. The saucer ship is taking off it looks like. Is it possible the blue guy was banished to earth and he created those carvings for a way to find his way home or something?

SpreadEagleBeagle

Man, is it just me or does it seems like everyone involved making this movie seem to be really into the Ancient Astronaut thesis? It kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth. I hope the movie won't turn up to be some Von Däniken propaganda film.

Really hoping that Scott has a few delicious surprises in his bag that will topsy turvy everything and open up another can of endless and unanswered questions.

SpeedyMaxx

I really don't see what the problem is.  Everyone knew years ago Von Daniken's actual writings were a load of tosh, but back then and still today it makes for great speculative fiction.  Who cares?

SpreadEagleBeagle

I don't know. Maybe I react this way because it is too close to home; I have a few old friends who are into all kinds of conspiracy theories and who are pretty much religious nut bags when it comes to that Ancient Astronaut crap. I find it embarrassing, especially since they are grown men with kids and all.

But you're right, as fiction Ancient Astronaut ideas really work well. So many games, movies, comics and novels have built their stories around the idea that we are not from here _or_ that we are the way we are because of extraterrestrial interference.

cragdoo

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Cvalda on May 10, 2012, 04:31:27 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 10, 2012, 04:27:06 AM
Tell me about it, I was missing the "C" and "V" all along!  :o
Be thankful you're safe up there in the frozen North.
Spoiler
[close]

This is off topic but are you and Eva like together? lol if so I would feel alot better not being the only errrmmm open "alternative" lifestyle person here.

ThisBethesdaSea

Kirkland...I'm a gay...have no fear sir...we can sashay down the street and then shontay into the mall together. :)

Winkie Bear

Yup - fellow gayboy here!

VickersAsh

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 17, 2012, 03:43:12 PM
Kirkland...I'm a gay...have no fear sir...we can sashay down the street and then shontay into the mall together. :)

hahaha i'll join you

KirklandSignature

Silly boys....I think David 8 if he has the proper programming, has the potential to know and maybe feel "love". I mean it would be a reach but I would be very impressed if David turns out to be indiscriminate in terms of catering to male and female lovers. Ridley had replicant prostitutes in Blade Runner so it wouldn't be that much of a curveball..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed