Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC Playthroughs

Started by Adam802, Oct 06, 2014, 10:38:13 PM

Author
Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC Playthroughs (Read 60,358 times)

SM

Watched the first 7 minutes or so of Crew Expendable.  Looks pretty sweet.

swarm87

too bad CA didnt want to keep Lambert's death the same, would have been nice to see what the alien did to her. also, know some people dont like it, but would have cool to stumble across the eggmorph nest

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

No cocoons...or Jones. :/ I mean, for a game that's otherwise pretty damn authentic, I dunno why they didn't put that in the game.
I feel like a neckbeard for complaining but like....the motion tracker. Ripley's using the main Isolation tracker and not the 1979 one. Nitpicky, but hey...authenticity, right? :p

Ash 937

Quote from: swarm87 on Oct 06, 2014, 11:14:17 PM
too bad CA didnt want to keep Lambert's death the same, would have been nice to see what the alien did to her.

I agree.  Even though our glimpse in the film is brief, I don't see why CA didn't get creative an expand on that notion just a wee bit.  GBX had no reservations about showing us Hudson and I'm positive that anything CA would've done with Lambert would have made more sense than that.

Quote from: swarm87 on Oct 06, 2014, 11:14:17 PM
would have cool to stumble across the eggmorph nest

I'm cool with the lack of an eggmorph nest because that scene was only in the director's cut and not part of the "official" theatrical release.  Forgiven.

SM

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Oct 06, 2014, 11:26:39 PM
No cocoons...or Jones. :/ I mean, for a game that's otherwise pretty damn authentic, I dunno why they didn't put that in the game.
I feel like a neckbeard for complaining but like....the motion tracker. Ripley's using the main Isolation tracker and not the 1979 one. Nitpicky, but hey...authenticity, right? :p

CA not banging on and on about "authenticity" in their pre-release PR allows me to forgive a lot.  Like the cluttered hypersleep chamber or Ripley's missing ladder near the infirmary.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 06, 2014, 11:42:48 PM
I'm cool with the lack of an eggmorph nest because that scene was only in the director's cut and not part of the "official" theatrical release.  Forgiven.

The Ash-triggering-alarm scene wasn't part of either theatrical or directors cut, yet they showed it in Crew Expendable. Dallas and Brett are cocooned on one of the landing legs of the ship, access to which is on C-deck, thus making it odd. I mean, you are exploring C-deck in Last Survivor in order to set the self-destruct system.

Now granted, the pacing argument that kept it out of the theatrical cut of the film still holds up even on a video game level...but it still woulda been nice, no?
Quote from: SM
CA not banging on and on about "authenticity" in their pre-release PR allows me to forgive a lot.  Like the cluttered hypersleep chamber or Ripley's missing ladder near the infirmary.

Right, right. Still, now I know how all those comic book nerds feel when soemthing's changed. It's not a deal breaker, but it would've been nice to see.

SpeedyMaxx

We didn't see what the alien did to Lambert there, did we? Just a corpse. I couldn't tell much of what I was looking at or where she was gored in the above video, and I think all we saw in the film was her foot.

Honestly I would just as soon not have seen her here - I think the imagination of what the f**k he did to her while she was screaming like that is more terrifying. Maybe string her up in the shadows - I assumed she was hanging from chains in the film - but that's all.

(Also, while I think the actors mostly do a great job recreating their performances, some of the original readings - specifically, the audio of Lambert and Parker getting killed - should have been left alone. There is very little in the franchise that is as terrifying as Lambert's final gibbering scream. Imagine hearing that in-game.)

SM

There's a D-Deck?

thecaffeinatedone

SM

Righto.

Jango1201

I'm glad they didn't touch on such topics. If they had gone about certain events the wrong way or what people thought was not the right way, they would have gotten nothing but backlash from the fan base. Its happened so many times before.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Jango1201 on Oct 07, 2014, 01:32:45 AM
I'm glad they didn't touch on such topics. If they had gone about certain events the wrong way or what people thought was not the right way, they would have gotten nothing but backlash from the fan base. Its happened so many times before.

Except they did go on and on about how much of $EGA'$ dineros were spent making everything exactly perfect down to the literal soles of Ripley's shoes and making all the new stuff exactly match the old stuff, only it doesn't.

SpeedyMaxx

No, just 99% of it. Heartbreaking, really.

Deathly_rYaN

So basically Crew Expendable is basically the SAME mission. You just choose the character.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed