Meet Walter - 10th March - New Viral

Started by Anthony, Mar 08, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Author
Meet Walter - 10th March - New Viral (Read 69,735 times)

Molecules

Molecules

Add a creator's head statue + 2001 kitsch = that lobby scene

also it looks like they hired the same artist for this who molded Noomi Rapace (at the very least he made for those silly masks the 'engineers' are wearing. Allow for artistic licence though as this is meant to be a commercial, presumably made by the Scott family corporate video co.? http://www.rsafilms.com/)

bedbug

bedbug

There's a cracking spelling error on the cognitive processing section of meetwalter .com
"Bring order to YOU life"

Russ840

I really enjoyed this. I like its consistency with alien. What I mean is, when Ripley burns Ash in Alien, the synthetic skin melts off and we are shown an under case which gives the face it's shape. This Viral shows that that design seems to be consistent.

I wonder if it was a conscious choice by Scott and the designers to do this. Or am I just overthinking it, I wonder ?

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: bedbug on Mar 10, 2017, 03:56:37 PM
There's a cracking spelling error on the cognitive processing section of meetwalter .com
"Bring order to YOU life"

It may not be. ???

salomonj

What footage are we getting tonight?

bobby brown

Cool video. A nice little treat. I did not like that simple construction part; it just wakes up fully formed with skin and hair. I would presume the manufacturing process to be a little more industrialised and more sophisticated. Still, this is just a viral video.  :)

salomonj

That was a cool video. Hopefully we get to see more this week.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 10, 2017, 04:28:56 PM
That was a cool video. Hopefully we get to see more this week.

There will be footage shown at SXSW tonight so possible it may leak, or be shown as it's not closed door event.

Molecules

Molecules

Disclaimer at bottom of frame, during the lobby scene, reads:
"Matchmaking interview and DNA screening required. Customers with genetic abnormalities may not meet requirements for safety certification. No refunds after consciousness imprint. Default payments will forfeit DNA rights in perpetuity."

So the Walters are custom-made slaves, to fit DNA profile of their owners. The 'we' collectivity removes any nagging doubts of individuality/self-determination. Was it ever made official that we were sharing the Blade Runner universe, outside the Prometheus virals? Timelines don't exactly fit.

Overall I prefer the (with retrospect, ludicrously sinister) foreshadowing of the David 8 advert, that was done in the style of some sort of IT commercial, like Apple. Sort of subverted the nauseating smugness of those ads.

This was more like a contemporary BMW ad, right down to the type of landscape used and the washed out colour scheme. The way they use these aesthetics for the creation of sentient life is pretty chilling.

Also like how Walter is handed the same sort of bottle you attach to the side of a hamster cage.

As well as the resemblance of the endoskeleton to 'melted Ash', at a couple of points it recalls the dummy figure seen in the red band trailer.

Pvt. Himmel

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 10, 2017, 03:10:54 PM
The manufacturing process seems a little over-simplistic. Just filling up a bag with fluid. There also appears to be nothing inside the body, even though Ash and Bishop still apparently required lots of tubes and electronic components in there.

He seems to be missing a few marbles.

Molecules

*correction of the Blade Runner/Alien shared universe. Seem to remember now that this came from a reference to Tyrell in the DVD extras, and the guy who wrote it came out and said it was just a gag, defo not canon?

robbritton

Quote from: bobby brown on Mar 10, 2017, 04:23:40 PM
Cool video. A nice little treat. I did not like that simple construction part; it just wakes up fully formed with skin and hair. I would presume the manufacturing process to be a little more industrialised and more sophisticated. Still, this is just a viral video.  :)

I think this is the equivalent of a seventies Ridley Scott advert for British Airways or suchlike. It's not the actual process, rather a stylised version for marketing purposes in universe. It's remarkably close in tone to the old Ridley ads, so his son's done a grand job there!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Molecules on Mar 10, 2017, 04:50:39 PM
*correction of the Blade Runner/Alien shared universe. Seem to remember now that this came from a reference to Tyrell in the DVD extras, and the guy who wrote it came out and said it was just a gag, defo not canon?

Charles de Lauzirika said it was just a fun easter egg, not to be taken seriously.

He did run it by Scott, but he had no comment.

KillCrites

Buy your new Google Walter. Coming soon to stores near you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed