Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 55,581 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I can hardly remember a moment of blood in Aliens, other than on the inside of the dropship with Dietrich.

SM

SM

There's a bit with the chestburster too.  Probably the most violent bit has only white blood.

The Old One

The Old One

Still the best chestburster in the series in terms of getting a "horrifying your audience reaction" to me, which is peculiar because I find much of the rest of the film to be quite safe with it's violence. More implication than what is shown.
I think that choosing to omit the skeletons was a mistake though.

SM

There's a nice chunky one in Resurrection.

The Old One

The Old One

The AR chestburster has stubby teeth and it's face seems stretched out- it's design makes it less effective, at least to me.

SM

I nice chunky skeleton I mean.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh, I'll look out for that next time then.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 20, 2018, 02:12:08 AM
I can hardly remember a moment of blood in Aliens, other than on the inside of the dropship with Dietrich.

I can't believe SM let that slide.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 20, 2018, 05:20:40 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 20, 2018, 02:12:08 AM

I can't believe SM let that slide.

And it's a twofer.

SM

No need to be a dick about it.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2018, 05:27:34 AM
No need to be a dick about it.

Why stop NNNOWWW?!!

I kid, I kid.

Wweyland

More Alien books is a good thing.
Getting older has made me more reluctant to violence, will be interesting how they try to go around that here.
Some of the stuff in recent books has made me squirm - ie. a Predator using a whip with small blades with insect eggs that hatch in the wounds - WTF.

The Cruentus

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 20, 2018, 01:05:49 AM
I would wager that many of us became fans as kids.

But would we have become fans if the movie was a young adult type ala twilight?  :laugh:

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2018, 01:00:11 AM
I'd expect (though I don't know) the Aliens audience to have a large amount of teenagers.  I saw Aliens when I was 13, which is the lower end for Young Adult.  And we are talking Young Adult; not children.
True but the films they are watching is the full on mature ones we have, would the franchise have fans if it was toned down? its like that novelization of Aliens, all the swearing is gone.
Obviously there may be some, since everyone's tastes are different.

I might give this book a chance, since its not fair to judge it without reading it first.

Corporal Hicks

It's a single book, guys. I'm sure many of us would have been all over this as teenagers. Just because it's less graphic or less sweary, doesn't equate to it becoming Twilight or something. It's not aimed at us, at the end of the day. Let the younger fans have something for them. Hopefully it's good.

SM

Last thing we need is gatekeeping.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed