The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 70,274 times)

The Old One

The Old One

All the hounds, not just the companion.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 16, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
i woulden't say munns character was pointless i would give that title to keys son instead he had nothing to do at all.
Wasted potential indeed.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: skull-splitter on Sep 16, 2018, 06:36:28 PM
i woulden't say munns character was pointless i would give that title to keys son instead he had nothing to do at all.
Wasted potential indeed.

The funny thing is, for such a small role that he had, I really enjoyed what I saw. There was something about his jovial enthusiasm that just made me smile. I don't think he died, right?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 16, 2018, 06:40:22 PM
Wasted potential indeed.

The funny thing is, for such a small role that he had, I really enjoyed what I saw. There was something about his jovial enthusiasm that just made me smile. I don't think he died, right?

I really liked Busy in this, too. It was cool how they made him seem chill and pretty grounded, basically opposite of Keyes in P2. He definitely didn't die.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 16, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
Wasted potential indeed.

I really liked Busy in this, too. It was cool how they made him seem chill and pretty grounded, basically opposite of Keyes in P2. He definitely didn't die.

Good to know  :) I wouldn't mind seeing his character repurposed in some way.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 16, 2018, 06:59:46 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 16, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
Wasted potential indeed.

Good to know  :) I wouldn't mind seeing his character repurposed in some way.

He definitely should be in the sequel if there is one.

If this is it though, it should have been him in that ending scene with the suit or they should have at least cut him in half like his dad, when Fugitives escapes from Stargazer.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

This guy made some good points. If you're gonna hire Shane Black, you gotta let him do his thing. I think this movie really suffered from studio meddling.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Im gonna thank the studio for cutting things like predator spiders....

Dusk

Dusk

If only they could have cut the dogs as well. Or at least changed them to the hounds from Predators.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 17, 2018, 05:34:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft4Xtr-LwuE

This guy made some good points. If you're gonna hire Shane Black, you gotta let him do his thing. I think this movie really suffered from studio meddling.

No doubt about it, Fox basically did an Alien 3 again.

Maybe if Disney decide to carry on the Alien and Predator franchises, they might do a better job because it would be hard to treat worse than what Fox have.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 17, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

Maybe if Disney decide to carry on the Alien and Predator franchises, they might do a better job because it would be hard to treat worse than what Fox have.

as long lucasfilm stays out of it. :D

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 17, 2018, 07:56:11 AM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 17, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

as long lucasfilm stays out of it. :D

Jar Jar vs Predator, you know you want to see it. :D

HudsonvHicks

HudsonvHicks

Thought the entire movie was a jumbled mess.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Why people complaint mostly about the studio when cheesy and forced jokes are Shane's department (I hate Kiss Kiss Bang Bang humour). Did studio interfere into silly dialogues (again, jokes) and lack of characters' development? I doubt. Also studio gave Shane extra money for re shoots. I don't get why fans whinge about studio if everyone knows they can be incompetent as f**k. They green-lit AvP movies. That tells you everything about state of their minds. Sure, they interfere (Alien: Covenant) but it's also Shane's fault why this movie is so poorly received.

Dusk

Dusk

I for one completely loathe Ironman 3. So I am willing to give Fox Studios the benefit of the doubt. Even had they stayed entirely hands-off during the entire film making, this would have still turned into a complete Shane Black style Movie with a Predator. With even more terrible decisions, had they stuck to the original 3rd act. In my opinion, there was no salvaging this Movie, when the problems with it started in the inception stages.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed