AvP Galaxy's Let's Play Aliens vs. Predator 2: Alien Campaign

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 14, 2019, 05:15:43 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy's Let's Play Aliens vs. Predator 2: Alien Campaign (Read 5,334 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Following on from our previous Let’s Plays of Aliens vs. Predator (2010), Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, and Alien: Blackout, we’ve turned our sights to Aliens vs. Predator 2, the game that was not only the reason this website exists, but a seminal game in both RidgeTop and I’s teenage years. As our last playthrough of the year, we’re uploading a new video each day for the next seven days!

Be sure to check back in tomorrow for the second mission! We’d also love to hear any feedback so feel free to drop a comment on the video or down below! We’ve also recently Live Played the Nintendo Switch port of Alien: Isolation which you can find on our YouTube channel!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Update 15/12/2019 – And Part 2 is now up!

Update 16/12/2019 – And now Part 3!

Update 17/12/2019 – And Part 4!

Samhain13

Samhain13

You got my attention.

On AVP: Extinction the alien campaign was also the first chronologically if I recall. Seems like a trend in the series. In regards to Eisenberg, Nathan Cheever said it was replacement of parts instead of a mind transfer.

Komenja

THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I

Wow

WOW WOW WOW WOW ;D  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Komenja on Dec 14, 2019, 11:40:43 PM
THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I

That's what I like to hear!  :D  ;)

Part 2 is up!

x-M-x

Awesome Hicks!
Will retweet these.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Komenja

Watching you guys rip through marine squads like a sentient blender makes me realize I don't use pounce nearly as much as I should, lol.

Corporal Hicks

It does mean less health potential though!

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop

Last part is up! Thanks for watching! We'll be doing the Marine campaign next.

D88M

This game, to my understanding, is the best single thing to come out of the "Alien Versus Predator" idea and a nrilliant glimpe of the potential that concept has.
Not a perfect game, but pretty good and i dont think it has the recognition that it deserves.

Kimarhi

I think it is pretty well known around these parts and fondly remembered.

But I often think that the only one AvP concept to come close is the original.  I don't like the almost complete lack of story in the original but I do care much more for the balancing.

Preds were super tough with advanced slow repeating weaponry, the humans were the weakest and slowest with very high repeating weaponry, the the Alien were the fastest with the strength to rend humans to shreds in seconds.

This is similar to the way AvP2 was balanced except the Alien speed was greatly reduced thus making them the most vulnerable class in multiplay. 

I was the prae just so I could tank damage and get in close. 

I PREFER AvP2 by a wide margin, but the idea behind the species was better in the original (which I'm still amazed was completely overlooked in AvP2010 by Rebellion)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed