Would you welcome a third film?

Started by Mala'kak, May 10, 2020, 04:57:15 PM

Author
Would you welcome a third film? (Read 19,567 times)

EJA

EJA

Actually, on reflection............I think it might be possible to make an AVP movie while still adhering to the Alien prequels, by having the Aliens and Predators have their very first encounter in the future of the Alien movies, ditching the whole "long, shared history" angle.

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

It would be interesting if they would set a third film on the predators home planet.

[cancerblack]

A third film in the existing chronology? No.

Another AvP that's actually grounded in the better AvP stuff (future etc)? Sure.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2020, 08:27:58 PM
Another AvP that's actually grounded in the better AvP stuff (future etc)? Sure.

Forever this.

seattle24

seattle24

If there was another one the suit design and creature effects would have to be absolutely on point for me. If that ADI Resurrection mould ever appeared again I'd be automatically dismissive of a new film. Just being honest.

I would like to see Odd studios take on the creature effects again after Covenant. Loved the behind-the-scenes stuff where they had the Alien on stilts for that towering, shadowy figure reminiscent of '79. Defo the way to go.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: seattle24 on Jun 04, 2020, 08:06:28 AM
If there was another one the suit design and creature effects would have to be absolutely on point for me. If that ADI Resurrection mould ever appeared again I'd be automatically dismissive of a new film. Just being honest.

I would like to see Odd studios take on the creature effects again after Covenant. Loved the behind-the-scenes stuff where they had the Alien on stilts for that towering, shadowy figure reminiscent of '79. Defo the way to go.

My personal preference, specifically for AvP, would be a zazzed up version of the 86 design for the Aliens. A little bit taller and maybe a bit gangrel in proportion. Covenant nailed the long/thin vibe, just add Giger/Winston era detailing.

Lionhart

Lionhart

No, no more avp for me. Had enough.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2020, 07:21:15 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2020, 08:27:58 PM

Forever this.

Yes, a movie with no references to the previous ones. A reboot if you like.

The plot in the comic is not too bad either, predators deposit eggs on a planet and then they hunt the aliens afterwards but fail to realize the planet is already colonized by humans.

Or perhaps something unique like the first interaction between Predator and Alien, that way the predator won't have the advantage of acid proof weapons or any foreknowledge.
It could be like Predators hunting humans on an unknown planet, humans inadvertadly discover a derelict ship or temple, find eggs in stasis and some people get infect, while the predators think there are still hunting humans, they get surprised by the new arrivals. The predators using everything they have to survive the perfect organism.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Just one though. One Predator hunting one Alien.

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see the numbers restricted too. And each encounter, if they end up getting away from each other, or being distrupted, needs to have an impact too. I want to see lasting wounds. I want to see limps and broken appendages.

The Cruentus

Yep, a one on one is all that is needed really and the threat level posed by them increases. A large number of each and they can be killed off easily. But with one of each, their presence will need to remail until the end of the film.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

And I had this talk with Sil a bit at one point, but you gotta have a definitive winner. No collapsing castle ending.

The Saint

The Saint

Why not have a series of both franchises on Netflix.
And pick up the director who handled them the best or who got the right tone.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 17, 2020, 09:42:51 AM
I'd love to see the numbers restricted too. And each encounter, if they end up getting away from each other, or being distrupted, needs to have an impact too. I want to see lasting wounds. I want to see limps and broken appendages.

Missed opportunity with the film was Celtic's fight with Grid. Say Celtic was the survivor instead of Scar, it'd have been the team getting ambushed and Celtic continuing to get beaten down, escaping, and then the fight with the Queen.

Like Celtic can go head to head with an Alien but several and he's outmatched hard. From the fight with Grid he loses his wrist blades, a chunk of his armor, and resources like medical kits wearing thin. Then you could have even shown the effects on the helmet with his vision possibly being disrupted as a result of the fight so the survivors could escape and maybe a vision mode is lost to him or the thing starts going on the fritz. That'd be an easy way of explaining the facehugging. He had to take it off because he couldn't otherwise see and had to return to Chopper or Scar's body for a replacement since one of them would still be functional. Then at the end thinking he's won and could get medical treatment he then has to fight the Queen and dies in the process anyways.

Just constantly beating the poor guy down. Then in the flashback we see what a successful hunt is supposed to look like with the Predators acting as a team and being vigilant. So that way when we get back to Celtic it's clear that the three had been over their head.

AliceApocalypse

Continuous back and forth between Celtic and Grid?  Not a bad idea, however we do need a human factor to relate to.  Maybe Scar and Grid, Alexa getting caught in the middle? 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed