Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 43,293 times)

BigDaddyJohn

That's what I thought at first, but with the years I started to think that it was the latter. I probably read to much into it  :laugh:

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

I just realized that this movie takes place over the course of just two days and the aliens take over the whole town in one night. That means the aliens were doing nothing but sitting on their asses for nearly two days waiting for Wolf to find them before they actually did anything. Just in case you needed more proof how much they held the Aliens back in this movie just for Wolf's sake.

Huggs

They were setting up shop in the sewer system. Which should be mostly sealed, so that kinda makes sense. It wasn't until they had an exit blown open that they began to spread. And rapidly, thanks to chet. The biggest problem they could've expected early in the movie would be chestbursters in the toilet.

The ol' alien enema.

Immortan Jonesy

I bet the sewer system is fancier than we think. Just imagine the things they did during that time!

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 15, 2021, 01:40:13 AM
They were setting up shop in the sewer system. Which should be mostly sealed, so that kinda makes sense. It wasn't until they had an exit blown open that they began to spread. And rapidly, thanks to chet. The biggest problem they could've expected early in the movie would be chestbursters in the toilet.

The ol' alien enema.

The aliens escaped through a manhole and Chet just bursts through the street, they could have done that at anytime.

Voodoo Magic

It's not like the crashed ship and the town were right next door to each other though.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 15, 2021, 01:50:57 AM
I bet the sewer system is fancier than we think. Just imagine the things they did during that time!

God damn do I love those ID4 suits.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

The part where Eddie and Dallas are at the bar and Eddie gets a call from dispatch about the explosion Wolf caused in the sewer. Eddie says he's on the way and Dallas tags along. We never get to see them investigate the explosion because if we did they would have found Wolf's laser grids in the sewer. funny how the movie just skips over that part.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 15, 2021, 07:13:20 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 15, 2021, 01:50:57 AM

God damn do I love those ID4 suits.

Me too. Patrick Tatopoulos did a great job designing these biological suits. They really do look like a whole separate creature.

BlueMarsalis79

Bloody excellent.

Corporal Hicks

I love the ID4 suits too. He did some gorgeous concepts for AvP too.

BISHOP 93

The dialogue. All of it, how has no one mentioned the gem of when the woman walks into the diner during a blackout and shouts "powers out"? Biggest no shit ever. Not to mention the treatment of the aliens and the obviousness of them being rubber suits. Then there's Wolf who goes to clean up and hide evidence and just leaves behind even more evidence.

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Bow to the all powerful Jedi Alien killer!

BlueMarsalis79

It's funny that the inner jaw's probably the longest it's ever got up to that point in time during the pool scene, but in the above scene they're probably the shortest ever, never mind having working limbs at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed