AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 358,901 times)

Keyes

Keyes

I think it's time for another crack at AVP, but done right of course.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SiL on Oct 19, 2018, 11:33:24 AM
I believe you're wrong.

Also The Thing works with ... everything.

The Thing does- Predator does not.

SiL

SiL

But your comparison of a bad crossover was The Thing Vs Predator, so what would it matter if the Predator doesn't work with everything ???

The Old One

The Old One

AVP's a misbegotten idea IMO.

Like Robocop Versus Alien, Terminator Vs Alien or (Superhero) Versus Alien. 
Or Batman Versus Predator, it's fun to see them duke it out- but they don't belong in the same boat.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

If it 'had' to be set present day for a third time, I would like to see the Alien Queen recovered from the depths. Being dethawed in the way Megatron was in Transformers.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: DerelictShip on Oct 19, 2018, 09:22:30 PM
If it 'had' to be set present day for a third time, I would like to see the Alien Queen recovered from the depths. Being dethawed in the way Megatron was in Transformers.

Like fallen kingdom, except way, way down there. But how preserved would or could she be given the nature of her biology and any environmental factors?

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

As far as we know she was kept frozen by the Predators for hundreds of years, maybe longer, depending on how many times she was 'summoned' to provide eggs for the hunt. Xenomorphs have shown the ability to survive in space as well.

I personally like to think that xenomorphs have the ability to go into a hibernation mode, allowing them to survive without food or in harsh conditions. I don't know for sure though, sounds like a job for an alienist....

Quote from: DerelictShip on Oct 19, 2018, 11:50:41 PM
As far as we know she was kept frozen by the Predators for hundreds of years, maybe longer, depending on how many times she was 'summoned' to provide eggs for the hunt. Xenomorphs have shown the ability to survive in space as well.

I personally like to think that xenomorphs have the ability to go into a hibernation mode, allowing them to survive without food or in harsh conditions. Almost like shutting themselves down completely, to the point of near death, if need be. I don't know for sure though, sounds like a job for an alienist....

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Kind of like the eggs on the derelict in Alien.  Those eggs were there for thousands of years.  Still fresh...
;D

yhe1

yhe1

What about a disgraced Predator stumbling on to a Rogue engineer planning to drop the black goo on a Predator Planet, so the Predator has to save his people? At the end, we learn that It was the Predator that slaughtered the engineer's family years ago and the motive was revenge.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: SiL on Oct 19, 2018, 11:33:24 AM
I believe you're wrong.

The villains can be played off of one another nicely. And it doesn't even have to be a "crossover" (at its core its based off of two sci-fi-horror films about predatory alien beings). It could be an "Alien Predators" film. No team-ups. No hamfisted origin stories. Just pure and utter mindf**kery. Not to mention both are rather Lovecraftian space horrors. We could get a really good tale of cosmic terror if we got together the right team.

The Old One

The Old One

AVP's a crossover by definition.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 24, 2018, 12:15:15 AM
AVP's a crossover by definition.
Meant to put it in quotations my bad.
Edit: Fixed.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 19, 2018, 02:32:15 PM
AVP's a misbegotten idea IMO.

Like Robocop Versus Alien, Terminator Vs Alien or (Superhero) Versus Alien. 
Or Batman Versus Predator, it's fun to see them duke it out- but they don't belong in the same boat.

I know your feelings, but I honestly feel otherwise.

Mixing Robocop, Terminator, Batman, Superman, Blade Runner (your favorite thing to do ;D) yes, they do not belong in the same boat. Agreed.

But Aliens and Predators are amazingly symbiotic. Almost Ying and Yang. They fit so well that I'm never surprised when I come across a young fan, who's not familiar with the history, thinking these two species were always joined in the same universe. And that truly explains why this wasn't a one time thing. It explains the popularity, the longevity and fascination with this powerful, successful fictional marriage. 

The Old One

The Old One

I see it today as Alien dragging Predator's irrelevant corpse frankly.
& That rope needs to be cut so they can both be what they ought to be.

They're know together by association because DH pushed that association at their zenith,
-not because it's successful or the right direction for either.

Alien /V\arine Predator
-is a fantastic three way dynamic for the purpose of videogaming, but not otherwise IMO.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 25, 2018, 04:48:28 PM
I see it today as Alien dragging Predator's irrelevant corpse frankly.

I always get a chuckle when Terminator, Predator, Alien, Robocop etc. fans call another said franchise "irrelevant".

And let let me take this moment to thank the great Alien franchise for these new great Neca Predator figures, adding to this irrelevant franchise I love!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed