AvP Predator Weapons Article

Started by Darkness, Jul 19, 2004, 11:10:03 PM

Author
AvP Predator Weapons Article (Read 5,693 times)

Darkness

Darkness

This is an article I wrote a few weeks ago on the Predator Weapons & Equipment in Alien vs Predator and I was waiting until I moved over to Gamespy to post it so here it is. It covers all their weaponry and equipment that’s been shown in the teaser trailer, theatrical trailer and featurettes so it’s worth a read for anyone wanting to refresh their memory on them.

20040720_01

Let me know if I’ve missed anything out – it was ages since I last read it through properly.

J

J

Are the Disc from Predator 2 making an apprence? I thought Paul Anderson said that his replacing them with the shriken ( throwing star ) ???

G-Dog

G-Dog

There is an article somewhere stating that the Pred's throwing disc or disks (in this movie) had a major make over. So yeah, I think they are in this movie as well but a better version of them.

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

they are definetly replaced by the mechanical folding and collapsing shurinken

Variable

Variable

I thought it was pretty well put together. Some nice pics and all had good explinations. You got everything that we have seen so far accept the original throwing disk. And what are those sword things on the pred action figures? Anyone know?

Growler

Growler

A couple "I wonders"....  Med Kits?  "Spear tips" (as the one annalized in Predator 2)?  The "detachable blades" as featured on the McFarlane figures?  Those are just wonders, I don't expect solid answers for them.  However, for Darkness, if I see these items featured in the U.S. release of the movie, I'll let you know.  Also, you did leave out the Armor.  Not sure of it's effectiveness against acid blood, but the fact that the Predators are wearing more armor for an AvP hunt, should deserve a little of your commentary.

Aliminator

Aliminator

Does anyone knows if there is an AVP trailer in I, ROBOT?

Growler

Growler

damn, I failed to mention Skull buffing equipment.  1st Predator movie it was portable, Pred 2 is was at his trophy case.  As I mentioned, I'll inform you if i see this in the movie.  You know, come to think of it.  By the time it reaches the UK, wouldn't the movie be able to be downloaded?  I still don't get why FOX is making you guys wait till Oct.  Doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

euh, guys, Darkness made this article about the weaponry in AvP. I think it's unknown if  all the weapons from the previous movies (like Skull buffing equipment, Spear tips, etc.) are all present in the movie....

Terhou

Terhou

The shuriken is cooler than the disc i think.

I am pretty sure the spear actually bursts then shoots out a net .

Hicks

Hicks

Hey a few mistakes, but Ill talk to u later.

Variable

Variable

He wrapped up just about all weve seen so far. He did a good job.

i know i was  just telling  him what i think   he did a sweet job but will the speargun be part of the preds armory???

J

J

The Predator style Discs ( in 2 ) are its best assets, I hope they haven't change them to much.   THEIR JUST THE MOST UNSTOPPABLE BLADES EVER!!!   8)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed