AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 42,313 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 14, 2017, 07:21:59 AM
Haha. Definitely wasn't going to happen. Barely had 5 minutes with him, didn't want that reduced.  :P I had so many questions for him. I was so disappointed it just flew by.

To be fair, Riddles would probably have loved it. He has a great sense of humour. Would have been a good icebreaker.

What I find very bizarre about this interview is that there is no swearing from Scott. Did SiL edit out the guv'nor's cussing as well?  ???

SiL

Nope, no swearing was cut.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2017, 08:48:10 PM
Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jun 14, 2017, 05:36:33 PM
Excellent interviews Hicks, and good job on the editing, SM (I understand you did the best you could with Ridley's recalcitrant ranting lmao).

SiL did the editing.

Oops, I always get you two confused. Doh!

SM

I'm sure SiL will be terribly offended.

I'll take it as a compliment.

SiL

I have never been so complimented.

Alionic

Do ya'll think Covenant will get nominated for Best Visual Effects at the Academy like Prometheus did? It's an incredibly slick and beautiful film; even the hardcore haters here will admit that.

Deaconschristpose

I agree that the close ups should've had more emphasis on practical effects.  The test screenings had them apparently, so hopefully that is put in a new edit! 

I can accept the CGI shots of the aliens moving fast, though Chris Nolan's rule of thumb about seamless CGI is what works best in my opinion.  Alien 3 probably had the most seamless alien effects (albeit NOT CGI, or barely...) of all the films, and I always loved the execution of the Dog/Bison xeno.  So many great creature shots in that one.  Man, when it's fighting Ripley with the tail?!? One of the coolest shots in the series.  And not since that one have we gotten to see the xenomorph do anything remotely interesting,  I mean compared to this who cares about pulse rifles?

The Neo/Xeno fight being left out is overwhelmingly disappointing, though I do enjoy the movie for what it is.  It just would've really worked to show us something new regarding the xeno.  Could've worked great alongside David and Walter's fight too.

prometheusfire08

with respect you could argue that Dan O'Bannon removed any mystery behind one of Gigers greatest creations by having a movie made about it ......

it was better when it was just a painting and we knew NOTHING about it 😂😂😂

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Deaconschristpose on Jun 15, 2017, 04:39:33 AM
I agree that the close ups should've had more emphasis on practical effects.  The test screenings had them apparently, so hopefully that is put in a new edit! 

I can accept the CGI shots of the aliens moving fast, though Chris Nolan's rule of thumb about seamless CGI is what works best in my opinion.  Alien 3 probably had the most seamless alien effects (albeit NOT CGI, or barely...) of all the films, and I always loved the execution of the Dog/Bison xeno.  So many great creature shots in that one.  Man, when it's fighting Ripley with the tail?!? One of the coolest shots in the series.  And not since that one have we gotten to see the xenomorph do anything remotely interesting,  I mean compared to this who cares about pulse rifles?

The Neo/Xeno fight being left out is overwhelmingly disappointing, though I do enjoy the movie for what it is.  It just would've really worked to show us something new regarding the xeno.  Could've worked great alongside David and Walter's fight too.

Less is more. I want to see an Alien film where we don't even 'see' it. We just see members of the crew being yanked into the ceiling and dark alcoves like ragdolls, dragged kicking and screaming and slammed through doors and against walls by an unseen yet enormous and insanely powerful force of nature that is basically just toying with these inferior organisms (humans). The point wouldn't be so much that it is an alien, but that it is a wild animal, but not from Earth. Raw nature. And when it finally does (slightly) show itself, it is the biggest, nastiest, most discomforting design for a xenomorph yet.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jun 15, 2017, 06:48:26 PM
Less is more. I want to see an Alien film where we don't even 'see' it. We just see members of the crew being yanked into the ceiling and dark alcoves like ragdolls, dragged kicking and screaming and slammed through doors and against walls by an unseen yet enormous and insanely powerful force of nature that is basically just toying with these inferior organisms (humans). The point wouldn't be so much that it is an alien, but that it is a wild animal, but not from Earth. Raw nature. And when it finally does (slightly) show itself, it is the biggest, nastiest, most discomforting design for a xenomorph yet.

I get what you're saying, but I wonder if that would fly today. Modern audiences are accustomed to so much spectacle, I wonder if they'd accuse an 'old school' monster movie of resorting to cheap tricks to tighten the budget...

[EDIT: Oh, quick logistical question, Corp Hicks. Did they have the same camera/lighting setup for everyone, and you just took a seat and interviewed, and then they sent you all the angles and the raw audio, or were you required to bring a crew? I have no idea how these events are run...]

SiL

Hicks just took a seat and got the footage later.

Nostromo

Just saw the interviews, good job on getting access and getting them done wow. But man, the questions especially to Scott, Fassbender & the rest of the crew were kinda..plain. Lush New Zealand planet good for an Alien movie??? This isn't Predator man sorry..That was one if the biggest mistakes saw it right away, dunno wtf others see in a f green planet being good for an Alien movie..

Could have asked him why he thought cgi Aliens would work well when we already know cgi and horror/terror don't mix well like in all the other shit alien movies. These Aliens moved like in Alien Res when one jumps in an escape pod.

Could have asked him why he thought a David story was more important than an Alien story..

Should have just asked him in the end why or who didn't see the stupid parts in the fkin editing and cut or redo them..

Actually should have just asked him why he made a 6.8 rated dumb ass Alien movie.

And should have asked the first idiot from the crew how stupid he felt when David asked him to look inside the egg.

Like the other monkey said, I fell asleep with my eyes open..

What a weak movie..it's already forgotten and will never be talked about much.

SiL

And this is why studios don't talk to fans much.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Alionic on Jun 15, 2017, 03:54:42 AM
Do ya'll think Covenant will get nominated for Best Visual Effects at the Academy like Prometheus did? It's an incredibly slick and beautiful film; even the hardcore haters here will admit that.

You'd be surprised!

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Alionic on Jun 15, 2017, 03:54:42 AM

It won't. I wish it would though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed