Prometheus vehicles exposed

Started by Valaquen, Aug 28, 2011, 08:22:11 AM

Author
Prometheus vehicles exposed (Read 61,084 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

Aside from some stripes and hydraulics I don't really see any sort of resemblance.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, I think people are focusing on the stripes a bit too much.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

This is not a Power loader.
Seems to be a Spaceship Landing Gear.

Nightmare Asylum

Loving the designs. Not too complicated, and they give that Alien feeling :)

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Ivymike on Aug 30, 2011, 06:51:18 PM
This is not a Power loader.
Seems to be a Spaceship Landing Gear.

from the source of the pics they say its a giant lifter. Im guessing that this is only part of the lifter and the rest will be added later with cgi

ThisBethesdaSea

The source is wrong. Clearly that's landing gear.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I agree that it looks like landing gear, but was the source saying "we think it's a lifter" or "Ridley Scott told us it's a lifter"? Because that's an important distinction. :P I mean, it could be one leg of a seriously colossal lifter.

Highland

Highland

It could be something else entirely.

It doesn't make sense to me to build such a massive prop for something that could be quite easily CGI'd for half the cost.

SiL

SiL

It could work out cheaper to just build that part in the long run -- once it's there, it's there, and you don't have to worry about match-moving, compositing, rendering, etc. later for every shot that it needs to be in.

ThisBethesdaSea

Quote from: Highland on Aug 30, 2011, 10:05:28 PM
It could be something else entirely.

It doesn't make sense to me to build such a massive prop for something that could be quite easily CGI'd for half the cost.

The same can be said for what appears to be the derelict ship and the Prometheus ship. But they built those too. By the way, actual prop construction is cheaper then CGI these days. Times are changing.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Thank god for that.

biosynth

biosynth

WAIT till you see those in motion... it was the one of the more "James Cameron" moments in the ComicCon clip.  I think Ridley has had plenty of experience with action films recently to make this film's action on par with ALIENS.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: biosynth on Aug 31, 2011, 01:18:48 AM
WAIT till you see those in motion... it was the one of the more "James Cameron" moments in the ComicCon clip.  I think Ridley has had plenty of experience with action films recently to make this film's action on par with ALIENS.

er... I'm not worried about that at all. I'm slightly alarmed by the suggestion that Ridley's lowered his standards in fact.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

To be fair everything Ridley makes isn't automatically unimpeachable perfection. He's had his share of "misses" in his career.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

GI Jane and Robin Hood ... LOL

I thought Hannibal was very mediocre to the point that if held up against Silence, I've learned to detest Hannibal.

One of my favorite Ridley movies is Blackhawk Down. Very action packed. Actually I dont know anyone who dislikes that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed