Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 421,172 times)

RidgeTop

Xan21

Awful

Samhain13

They still can't make the mandibles right, even NECA managed to do that. The Stan Winston's predators looked so much better and realistic.

1987 > 2018

Sol

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 01, 2018, 08:08:40 PM
They still can't make the mandibles right, even NECA managed to do that. The Stan Winston's predators looked so much better and realistic.

1987 > 2018

My biggest issue with everything after 2. It's so strange. I have no clue what the disconnect is between special effects houses and this franchise, but the default resting position is not OPEN MOUTH MANDIBLES WIDE OPEN. It's troubling that it's been 4 films post Predator 2 and still f**king up the most basic aspects of the Predator's design. And even when they do figure out that this creature's mouth closes, they close them wrong. So frustrating. My head-canon allows for some variations between species, but enough is enough.

Master Chief

Quote from: Sol on Oct 02, 2018, 01:24:21 PM

1987 > 2018

My biggest issue with everything after 2. It's so strange. I have no clue what the disconnect is between special effects houses and this franchise, but the default resting position is not OPEN MOUTH MANDIBLES WIDE OPEN. It's troubling that it's been 4 films post Predator 2 and still f**king up the most basic aspects of the Predator's design. And even when they do figure out that this creature's mouth closes, they close them wrong. So frustrating. My head-canon allows for some variations between species, but enough is enough.
Back then, Winston (may he RIP) was doing Practical FX and had to pull tricks out of his hat for the SFX we got in Predator.  Nowadays, with really no good mentors, the digital era has made people lazy and the recent designs show it.

spinksy

Just had this reply from Kyle Strauts on Instagram- he posted a photo of a behind the scenes pic of the friendly preds and humans on the apc, I commented that it was so much work and effort that will never be seen.

Would be nice if he's right (fingers crossed).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: spinksy on Oct 02, 2018, 08:39:31 PM

Just had this reply from Kyle Strauts on Instagram- he posted a photo of a behind the scenes pic of the friendly preds and humans on the apc, I commented that it was so much work and effort that will never be seen.

Would be nice if he's right (fingers crossed).

Great job Spinksy!  Would love to see what they cut out.  Let's hope!

The Old One

The Old One

1987 > 2018

ADI secure notes.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 02, 2018, 08:56:42 PM

1987 > 2018

ADI secure notes.
As inferior as the the second predator film may be to the original I must admit that the Pussy faces design really gives ol anytime a run for his money.

Corporal Hicks

I believe I shared one of those earlier in the behind-the-scenes thread. Just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Thanks for the other one!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed