System Shock (remake)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 28, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

Author
System Shock (remake) (Read 6,474 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 19, 2018, 04:43:19 AM
I might have to get this since the movement controls in the original are painfully dated. As in, having to click/drag the mouse in a certain direction to turn dated. 2 is great, would be better if it was less ball bustingly hard and the last two levels and the ending were't crap.
Agreed that the ending is bad and there's a big difficulty spike in the last levels. The game just throws Rumblers at you like there's no tomorrow. It helps if you have a good build, an assault rifle with AP rounds does well.

I think the game is at its best in the first 3 Von Braun levels.

Wweyland

Wweyland

It seems that the remake has failed, too bad:

Although I am a fan, I did not put any money in the Kickstarter.

Olde

Olde

If anyone did their research into who Nightdive Studios are, they shouldn't be surprised in the least.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Why remake the original? They should have done a third game instead if you ask me.

Wweyland

Wweyland

A third game is in development as well, but it might actually be in development hell:
http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/System_Shock_3
Remastering an original game is OK when you don't change much and just focus on it working well on modern systems (kind of like they did with Grim Fandango: Remastered).

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 22, 2018, 04:40:04 AM
Why remake the original? They should have done a third game instead if you ask me.

The controls and general interface haven't aged very well, for one thing.

The Old One

The Old One

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I really really wish this had gone somewhere. It was one of the greatest games I ever played.

Second only to CALL OF PRIPYAT.

The Old One

The Old One

It's a work in progress.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

It looks like we may finally have a release window for this remake. Fingers crossed.

QuoteWelcome to a New Year, Hackers

After our return from Gamescom we've been hesitant to share anything so as not to spoil any remaining surprises we have in store. However, we've picked a few last things to share before our quickly approaching launch window of March, 2023.

https://www.gameinformer.com/sites/default/files/styles/body_default/public/2023/01/03/050588d0/steam.jpg
As some of you have already pointed out this is not our first time announcing a tentative launch window, but over the past few years much has changed - the scope and scale of the project has evolved dramatically and with Prime Matter joining the project it's enabled us to focus on quality-of-life improvements, bug fixing, and localization support - the last major steps towards releasing a game we're all incredibly proud of. This has also given us time to go back and polish various aspects of the game that needed that extra shine.

You can read the rest from the game's latest Kickstarter update.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Oh man I thought this project died.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed