Prey sequel ideas

Started by Yautja888, Aug 14, 2022, 10:37:03 AM

Author
Prey sequel ideas (Read 14,700 times)

Yautja888

Yautja888

Since the pistol belongs the the tribe's chief, maybe Greyback could be
the main character in a sequel, and if you use that new formula, the humans
have to become the villains for the audience.

How about the US cavalry or any other historical opponent raiding the Comanche
village, the flintlock pistol is taken by the main vilain, and Greyback hunts 'em down.

What are your ideas.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Another period-set anthology story in a new era/location (preferably, feudal Japan).

Kailem

Kailem

Predator vs cowboys in the old west, complete with an aging gunslinger who calls the Predator out for a duel in the middle of a dusty desert town street.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I heavily prefer standalone entries in this franchise, but I must admit it does feel open ended with that animation.

Japan, WW1/2, crusades... the options are limitless if you want a historic setting. Modern day would be fine too.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Like I said in another thread, feudal japan, french revolution, and mid 1900's noir would have all my attention.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I've been toying with a modern day plot, but I'll probably not get around to flesh that out...

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Greyback saga.

We see how the pistol was introduced, now we see Greyback get it. That's the obvious sequel hook. And Greyback is of course alive to have it in 1997 to give to Harrigan so he can't die in any story pre-dating 1997. Predators always die in these films and now we have one where we can't do that. Honestly that's the way I'd go with this. Prey is the build up, the sequel is the payoff, and if we get a third one we see where he's been since 1997. He doesn't have to be lead in any third one but we should see where he's been.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I'm all for seeing a story with a younger Greyback obtaining the pistol from Naru.

But how is the question...should Greyback win it in combat against Naru, or have it be gifted to him by her? There's definitely options to choose from.

But if we can't get that, give me World War II either in Europe or Pacific Islands. I'm down for either. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a Predator f**k up some SS troops.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

My thinking about an immediate sequel would be Naru ending up in Japan and meeting the Onna-Bugeisha. Her story could go anywhere and be anything. If they wanted, they could do a spiritual predecessor to Predators and have her taken to another world.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

If you're thinking of a direct sequel then you'd have to include Greyback entering thr fray and reclaiming it somehow.

Personally I'd really like them to do an anthology of sorts. A series of many different Yautja stories.

That way you could explore historical settings, futuristic settings, off-World stuff etc.

I had a fleeting idea one time of the bio masks housing a drone (or some recording tech) to capture hunts. And someone happening across a bio mask and essentially watches Yautja hunt a giant dino/alien/monster thing.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Do a sequel to both Prey and Predators where Royce finds Naru on the preserve planet. ;D

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 14, 2022, 12:44:53 PMLike I said in another thread, feudal japan, french revolution, and mid 1900's noir would have all my attention.

I really like the idea of a Predator movie during the French Revolution. Talk about gritty.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 14, 2022, 11:35:29 PMDo a sequel to both Prey and Predators where Royce finds Naru on the preserve planet. ;D

In that event, they would also have to explain how Naru is still alive 300+ years after what happened in "Prey". I suppose they could explain it when Naru painted herself in Predator blood, since Predator blood is supposed to gift longevity to the recipients.

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 14, 2022, 11:51:29 AMPredator vs cowboys in the old west, complete with an aging gunslinger who calls the Predator out for a duel in the middle of a dusty desert town street.

Didn't they made "Cowboys & Aliens" already?  ;)

Haha, I know, completely different context.

SiL

SiL

The writer of Predators said that the movie would've been revealed to take place in the future; the game preserve participants had all been in suspended animation.

Just use that.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Naru sequels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed