The Predator Countdown Thread!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 14, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Author
The Predator Countdown Thread! (Read 38,732 times)

Danversity

Danversity

I'm all for a 3D Predator film as long as the 3D is good. You can do some real cool stuff with it.

YTL_Hunter_H2

It wasn't filmed for 3d it's just a conversion if I'm not mistaken. That harpoon shot could be awesome as well as fugitive firing the single wrist blade.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 15, 2018, 11:48:50 PM
It wasn't filmed for 3d it's just a conversion if I'm not mistaken. That harpoon shot could be awesome as well as fugitive firing the single wrist blade.

Yup. But still, I've seen some damn good converted 3D films. Dredd was awesome in 3D. I hope they make good use of it here.

The Old One

The Old One

Dredd was filmed for 3D and IMO quite possibly the only film worth viewing in 3D.

Danversity

Danversity

Oh, sorry, I confused "filmed for 3D" with "filmed in 3D", as in with the James Cameron cameras.

Corporal Hicks

I remember being impressed by what I saw of Titanic 3D's conversion. I intend to see this in 3D once, just to see what it's like.

Danversity

Danversity

I hope it's a good conversion. With Larry Fong as cinematographer, a good 3D conversion would make it look amazing. Imagine the Predator vision in 3D.

YTL_Hunter_H2

I'm psyched about the laser sight and the cloaking in 3d

Actual Hybrid

4 year development.  3 weeks away from opening and not finished yet.

Black seemingly has made some pretty dumb mistakes, I don't he's dumb.

I do think that various producers and studio heads told him to edit...a lot

von

von

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Aug 23, 2018, 03:56:56 AM
4 year development.  3 weeks away from opening and not finished yet.

Black seemingly has made some pretty dumb mistakes, I don't he's dumb.

I do think that various producers and studio heads told him to edit...a lot

it's done now. i'm actually encouraged by the fact they're determined to get it right to a reasonable extent. of course, the majority of fans will still be pissed. however, remember that the creative minds behind the film intentionally avoided fanboy ideas. that says a lot, and that is refreshing

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

I just now saw the trailer for the first time, no particular reason why I avoided it. I'm not sure what to think about the Ultimate Predator. I looked through the threads here and surprised to not see a dedicated thread for the Ultimate Predator from any of the more dedicated AVPG predator fans here. But then I guess there's little to no info to discuss on this new predator.

I guess I do like it one way, there's a growing variation of the predator species (within the film universe). Not unlike humans, which eons ago there were different types of humans. Only difference, we are the only ones who avoided extinction. Seems plausible that within the predator genus(?) a number of its species survived.

Edit: My apologies, after submitting this post, I dug further back and did find an old thread dedicated to the Ultimate Predator. Oops.

ace3g

ace3g

#20 days till #ThePredator @Predator @BonafideBlack

Danversity

Danversity

Embargo on the footage that I saw lifted today, so here are my impressions with description:

Spoiler
I saw the Fugitive vs. Upgrade scene. This one was a pretty serious scene, it didn't have any of the humor, which is good considering it really didn't have a place there, so they knew best to avoid it. The Upgrade's CGI was excellent. Infinitely better than anything from the likes of Alien: Covenant. The fight doesn't last long, but Fugitive does have some cool moves. His physicality is completely different from anything we've seen in previous movies in a very good way, he doesn't look heavy or bunky like many of the previous Predators, his moves are pretty slick and agile, and I really think Brian A. Prince NAILED the Predator body language. The Upgrade looks like an absolute badass, and the armor-skin is showcased when Fugitive tries to attack him with his wrist blade and it breaks. We all know how it ends; Upgrade tosses Fugitive over the car, removes his mask, punches his face and then pulls his head off, spine and everything. Meanwhile everyone's escaping to the RV. One detail is that Upgrade doesn't take Fugitive's skull as a trophy, takes one look at it and deliberately tosses it away as he turns to look towards the escaping RV. Casey says: "What, they're hunting each other now?". The scene was short and there was no time for the score to feature any of the big, most remarkable motifes of the Predator soundtrack, but it sounded very much in tone with it.
[close]

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Danversity on Aug 25, 2018, 03:19:19 AM
Spoiler
The Upgrade looks like an absolute badass, and the armor-skin is showcased when Fugitive tries to attack him with his wrist blade and it breaks. We all know how it ends; Upgrade tosses Fugitive over the car, removes his mask, punches his face and then pulls his head off, spine and everything.
[close]

Thanks for the description. :)
Spoiler
So Fugitive does not shoot at Assassin with the plasmacaster? Instead of this he tries to attack close combat with his wrist blades?
[close]

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 25, 2018, 03:40:39 AM
Quote from: Danversity on Aug 25, 2018, 03:19:19 AM
Spoiler
The Upgrade looks like an absolute badass, and the armor-skin is showcased when Fugitive tries to attack him with his wrist blade and it breaks. We all know how it ends; Upgrade tosses Fugitive over the car, removes his mask, punches his face and then pulls his head off, spine and everything.
[close]

Thanks for the description. :)
Spoiler
So Fugitive does not shoot at Assassin with the plasmacaster? Instead of this he tries to attack close combat with his wrist blades?
[close]

My memory is a little foggy on that to be honest,
Spoiler
I think he does attempt to shoot him at first, Assassin dodges it and attacks him tossing him away and breaking the plasmacaster on the process, and then Fugitive proceeds to close-range combat. Could be remembering it wrong though, but I think it's something like this.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed