Prometheus Premiere in London

Started by Darkness, May 04, 2012, 02:49:00 PM

Author
Prometheus Premiere in London (Read 45,185 times)

Frostyrich

Frostyrich

Got my ticket for BFI IMAX Waterloo (London) booked for June 1st. Can't wait!

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on May 04, 2012, 07:54:02 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on May 04, 2012, 06:33:30 PM
Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on May 04, 2012, 04:52:36 PM
i want to attend the premiere, am i supposed to buy tickets on the day? or is there a place online i pre order?? : ???

I'm pretty sure those showings are invite only, aren't they?

probably, iv never been to a premiere before :D

Yes I believe they are through invite only.  Been to a few premiere outtings in my time but never was able to get any tickets for the film, the only exception being for the Return of the Jedi London Premiere, Leicester Square way back in '83', when there was a small amount of tickets available (never found out how small) for a lucky few fans, but at rediculously inflated prices, plus I don't live anywhere near the capital so no point really. Sure does bring back memories though, would have done anything to see that film before anyone else at the time...  :)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I'm staying the f**k away from this part of the forums after that date, then. Here in Spain we're not getting the movie until early August. >:(

Glaive

Glaive

Was getting excited for my tickets being labelled Wednesday May 30, 00.05, (which I thought meant seeing it almost 24 hours in advance)...then realised cinema chains here carry the timings till after midnight...so I'll be seeing it 'technically' Thursday...

Slightly worrying fact...you can pre-book your seat, and at the moment the first showing is virtually empty...a few reserves and advances, but otherwise...

Well, I suppose it IS Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and people have to work...and still almost a month away.

DaveT937

DaveT937

Quote from: Glaive on May 05, 2012, 02:30:31 PM
Was getting excited for my tickets being labelled Wednesday May 30, 00.05, (which I thought meant seeing it almost 24 hours in advance)...then realised cinema chains here carry the timings till after midnight...so I'll be seeing it 'technically' Thursday...

Slightly worrying fact...you can pre-book your seat, and at the moment the first showing is virtually empty...a few reserves and advances, but otherwise...

Well, I suppose it IS Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and people have to work...and still almost a month away.

I was thinkIng the exact same thing at my local cinema. Two tickets booked up for prime 8.30pm showing on the Friday

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: scarhunter92 on May 05, 2012, 11:45:40 AM
I'm staying the f**k away from this part of the forums after that date, then. Here in Spain we're not getting the movie until early August. >:(

Oh damn, and I thought Poland was bad (July 22). Then again .. that is still pretty bad.

cossack0909

cossack0909

Finally, I am sending my first post ever.  Been a member since 2007.

When the spoilers come in, I will indulge them like no tomorrow. But still,that will not hinder my multiple viewings of the movie, in various formats.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I hate the fact that movies premiere months apart in different countries for two reasons.

1.) For people who haven't seen the movie, they are tempted to look at spoilers, or are spoiled accidentally because somebody didn't use a spoiler tag.

2.) For people who have seen the movie, they constantly have to use spoiler tags, and have to be on guard about what they post and in which threads.

Oh well  :D

cossack0909

cossack0909

You can spoil me.....

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: cossack0909 on May 06, 2012, 04:32:06 AM
You can spoil me.....

I concur. I'm not generally bothered by spoilers.

-MCJ

Vickers Valiant

I agree with you guys. I won't be able to see it until June 8th, but I won't mind reading about spoilers when everyone else gets to see it.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Glaive on May 05, 2012, 02:30:31 PM

My booked ticket info says "12:01am, late night the evening of Thu. 31 May 2012" which is really Friday morning, 24 hours after yours I pressume is an IMAX ticket!  But yeah, I had to look at it twice too, lol, so where are you from Glaive?

Darkness

Darkness

We will be able to watch the red carpet arrivals here: http://www.live.prometheusmovie.com/

Starting at 5PM.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Darkness on May 31, 2012, 09:24:36 AM
Tell me Ridley Scott rolls up in that thing. ;D

Master

Master

We still ahve to wait five weeks. Shame  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed