"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 65,869 times)

Nightmare Asylum

That's David's head waking up. He's caught in a time loop, of course.

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 22, 2022, 11:19:17 AM

That's David's head waking up. He's caught in a time loop, of course.

We need to get this into a script and over to Ridley! Stat!

Nightmare Asylum

There is only one way to properly resuscitate him!

(Raised By Wolves Season Two spoilers within)

Spoiler
Quick, someone get the fuel blood!

[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 22, 2022, 11:52:43 AM

Spoiler

[close]

Do Neanderthals need Milk?  :laugh:  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 22, 2022, 03:20:40 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 22, 2022, 11:52:43 AM

Spoiler

[close]

Do Neanderthals need Milk?  :laugh:  ;)

Spoiler
It stimulates biomechanical growth. ;)
[close]

judge death

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 22, 2022, 01:59:12 AM
I hate him.  I just can't get past him creating the alien and I hate the character for it.  I hate him more than Fifield and I don't even want to see Fassbender's face anymore.

I know it's irrational, but there you go.  David is basically the skull to me now. >:(
Im stilol convinced my theory is still the one disney will go with and what will be correct later on when the tv show is released.(if its not cancelled as some discuss in its thread.)
David merely made his own version of the Xenomorph hence the more biological design with msuchles and skinn etc and why its so much dumber. Due to him finding designs from the engineers and he reverse engineer it and also the black pathogen which is taken from the original xenomorph has a habit of trying to recreate its original form. The breed David made has a lot od design changes and differences to the normal xenomorph, which I discussed and shown earlier so wont go into it now.
PRometheus also showed they were around before, and with the tv show set prior to covenant, if they show one single xenomorph then it will confirm this and David didnt design them, but we have to wait and see. :P

So: Xenomorphs are around and David just made his own version of it is what I take from the covenant movie and the expanded EU and prometheus showed us.

Pretty sure disney will do the safest route so im pretty sure this will be the case, but we´ll see.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: judge death on Mar 22, 2022, 10:14:57 PM
Im stilol convinced my theory is still the one disney will go with and what will be correct later on when the tv show is released.(if its not cancelled as some discuss in its thread.)
David merely made his own version of the Xenomorph hence the more biological design with msuchles and skinn etc and why its so much dumber. Due to him finding designs from the engineers and he reverse engineer it and also the black pathogen which is taken from the original xenomorph has a habit of trying to recreate its original form. The breed David made has a lot od design changes and differences to the normal xenomorph, which I discussed and shown earlier so wont go into it now.
PRometheus also showed they were around before, and with the tv show set prior to covenant, if they show one single xenomorph then it will confirm this and David didnt design them, but we have to wait and see. :P

So: Xenomorphs are around and David just made his own version of it is what I take from the covenant movie and the expanded EU and prometheus showed us.

Pretty sure disney will do the safest route so im pretty sure this will be the case, but we´ll see.

I think we're going to see a retcon for sure, but it was supposed to be an evolution from less to more, where Giger's Alien could have returned in all glory and majesty in the sequel to Covenant. So, David resequenced the original mutagen (the pathogen) to create a new mutagen called plagiarus linesters which is used to create the Praetomorphs. The mutagen used to create biomechanical Aliens is called plagiarus praepotens.

The black pathogen creates the Neomorphs, including the Deacon subspecies, and beyond our theories, the origin of the virus is unknown.

"The future is neither organic or synthetic - it's biomechanical"

But things have changed, and now a TV series has been announced that chronologically speaking would be located closer to Prometheus than Alien. From here one could expect 2 possible things:

1 - They can contradict the prequels without making any direct reference. The Alien simply already existed.

2 - They can recontextualize the prequels, making direct references. I.e; these movies are still canon, it's just that David has recreated a lifeform that already existed.

On the other hand, Fede Alvarez's announced film would supposedly be a standalone movie that has nothing to do with any of the characters, locations and events of the entire Alien series.

There is a lot of skepticism about these projects, so only time will tell.

Stitch

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 23, 2022, 03:16:02 AM
Quote from: judge death on Mar 22, 2022, 10:14:57 PM

I think we're going to see a retcon for sure, but it was supposed to be an evolution from less to more, where Giger's Alien could have returned in all glory and majesty in the sequel to Covenant. So, David resequenced the original mutagen (the pathogen) to create a new mutagen called plagiarus linesters which is used to create the Praetomorphs. The mutagen used to create biomechanical Aliens is called plagiarus praepotens.

The black pathogen creates the Neomorphs, including the Deacon subspecies, and beyond our theories, the origin of the virus is unknown.

But things have changed, and now a TV series has been announced that chronologically speaking would be located closer to Prometheus than Alien. From here one could expect 2 possible things:

1 - They can contradict the prequels without making any direct reference. The Alien simply already existed.

2 - They can recontextualize the prequels, making direct references. I.e; these movies are still canon, it's just that David has recreated a lifeform that already existed.

On the other hand, Fede Alvarez's announced film would supposedly be a standalone movie that has nothing to do with any of the characters, locations and events of the entire Alien series.

There is a lot of skepticism about these projects, so only time will tell.

Well, just on the info we've been given so far, it seems that David can't be the originator of the alien. If it's set before Prometheus, but features aliens, then he can't be the creator. Short of some time travel bullshit.

Nukiemorph

I'm still not so sure the producer was correct. I think it's definitely possible that he was prattling off a vague number and us fans are taking it more seriously than he did.

Him in a private conversation later:
"Yeah I told that interviewer it was about 70 years in the future... That's about when Covenant was, right? No? That was closer to 80 years? Oh whatever, close enough. Nerds."

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 24, 2022, 12:14:42 AM
I'm still not so sure the producer was correct. I think it's definitely possible that he was prattling off a vague number and us fans are taking it more seriously than he did.

Him in a private conversation later:
"Yeah I told that interviewer it was about 70 years in the future... That's about when Covenant was, right? No? That was closer to 80 years? Oh whatever, close enough. Nerds."

Yep! I still remember when ppl were freaking out about John Davis' comments on Preys title and time period. And it turned out he was just saying things lol

judge death

Well said reply there and can agree on it all. :) Curious, did you make that picture? I like its design and makes it point really well and have that scene from covenant inside it, clever. :D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 22, 2022, 01:59:12 AM
I hate him.  I just can't get past him creating the alien and I hate the character for it.  I hate him more than Fifield and I don't even want to see Fassbender's face anymore.

I know it's irrational, but there you go.  David is basically the skull to me now. >:(

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: judge death on Mar 24, 2022, 02:41:07 AM
Well said reply there and can agree on it all. :) Curious, did you make that picture? I like its design and makes it point really well and have that scene from covenant inside it, clever. :D

Yes, I edited that photo. It's Weyland's white room.  ;D ;)

Kimarhi

If you've been around in the fandom long enough the series getting retconned constantly is just part of being a fan broskis.

I still remember when people thought Alien 3 was going to be like the original comics that darkhorse put out lololol

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 26, 2022, 11:22:36 PM
I still remember when people thought Alien 3 was going to be like the original comics that darkhorse put out lololol

That teaser trailer sure didn't help.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed