Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2022, 08:50:29 AM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus (Read 39,429 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

Alien #1 - interesting beginning 

Corporal Hicks

I actually quite enjoyed #1. It helps it's got art that actually looks good! A lot of setup, but I'm intrigued. I especially like that it's getting at Aliens being used for things other than military purposes. This is the kind of stuff I live for.

Corporal Hicks

Wompdonkey

The only thing holding back this new #1 for me is that I have to wait another month for issue #2. Solid introduction of Julius Ohta's art. A couple of the panels seem to show off how much more effort was put into the book than Larroca. It also kinda has some Blade Runner vibes that I really dig.

Prez

Cosmic Incubation

I thought #1 was a decent setup! Didn't thrill me exactly, cause it's obviously just the setup. But I'm curious to see where the story goes.

The artwork is undeniably much better, although I do agree with some previous comments in this thread that I wish the colors and the overall aesthetic felt more like Alien. Seems just a little too colorful and Marvel-y imo.

But I'll gladly take it over awkward tracings of action figures, and weird contorted facial expressions, any day lol. As long as the story is good, then I'll be along for the ride!

Wompdonkey

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 08, 2022, 02:31:45 PMI thought #1 was a decent setup! Didn't thrill me exactly, cause it's obviously just the setup. But I'm curious to see where the story goes.

The artwork is undeniably much better, although I do agree with some previous comments in this thread that I wish the colors and the overall aesthetic felt more like Alien. Seems just a little too colorful and Marvel-y imo.

But I'll gladly take it over awkward tracings of action figures, and weird contorted facial expressions, any day lol. As long as the story is good, then I'll be along for the ride!

I think the art is more in line with what we've seen from Marvel's Predator. It tells me that they are making the two books more unified for the inevitable AvP from Marvel. Just my guess.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Wompdonkey on Sep 08, 2022, 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 08, 2022, 02:31:45 PMI thought #1 was a decent setup! Didn't thrill me exactly, cause it's obviously just the setup. But I'm curious to see where the story goes.

I think the art is more in line with what we've seen from Marvel's Predator. It tells me that they are making the two books more unified for the inevitable AvP from Marvel. Just my guess.

That was my impression as well. I got a lot of the same artistic vibes as the first Predator issue (for better or worse). I get the impression that it's a mix of them keeping the two semi-consistent/alike for the eventual crossover, and just the fact that a lot of Marvel comics have this kind of look in general. It's their style.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Just gave this issue a read and I'm certainly intrigued to see where this arc goes. Definitely got a Blade Runner vibe from this issue which I thoroughly enjoyed! Looks like it'll be a 6 issue arc again which works for me because I really feel that the stories can breathe better at 6 issues as opposed to 4.

TilotnyWorshiper28

December's Alien Solicitation

ALIEN #4
PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • JULIUS OHTA (A) • Cover by BJÖRN BARENDS
Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE • Variant Cover by LEE GARBETT
Variant Cover by CULLY HAMNER
BETRAYAL IS THE HEART OF EVERY END!
Steel Team's human allies have led them into an ambush, leaving them for dead in the nest of a vicious Xenomorph Queen. As Steel Team suffers their first casualties, Eli's trust in Freyja is tested like never before. Meanwhile, the humans suffer the consequences of their betrayal as a new kind of monster awakens inside one of their own.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

PAS Spinelli

So wait, did the comics get rebooted?

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 16, 2022, 05:03:18 PMSo wait, did the comics get rebooted?
New #1 to celebrate the new artist . its still PKJ writing it and its his third arc of his run on the Ip

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 16, 2022, 05:03:18 PMSo wait, did the comics get rebooted?

Still continuing the same continuity. It's just Volume 3.

426Buddy

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Sep 16, 2022, 12:15:07 PMDecember's Alien Solicitation

ALIEN #4
PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • JULIUS OHTA (A) • Cover by BJÖRN BARENDS
Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE • Variant Cover by LEE GARBETT
Variant Cover by CULLY HAMNER
BETRAYAL IS THE HEART OF EVERY END!
Steel Team's human allies have led them into an ambush, leaving them for dead in the nest of a vicious Xenomorph Queen. As Steel Team suffers their first casualties, Eli's trust in Freyja is tested like never before. Meanwhile, the humans suffer the consequences of their betrayal as a new kind of monster awakens inside one of their own.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/qXwCpkpd4iXd8oFLbxfWDn-1200-80.jpg

Nice cover, kinda big for a queen though right?

TilotnyWorshiper28

Yeah the queen is kinda big   

We got the cover for Alien #5 from the Leaked marvel solicitation preview for January 2023

no actual solicitation yet only some marvel titles got full solicitations in the preview  Alien , Predator and Star Wars didn't yet .

https://is2.4chan.org/co/1663769518323824.png

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed