Site / Forum Updates - New Theme 28/08/15

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2009, 06:40:12 PM

Author
Site / Forum Updates - New Theme 28/08/15 (Read 68,417 times)

Darkness

Alright, everything is pretty much done now.

Big thank you to locusta for allowing me to use his alien render in the banner. Apart from the new graphics, there's some new features.

-The forum and gallery are now mobile and tablet friendly. It's not as good as the experience you'll get on tapatalk but for the average person on their phone, it works okay.
-New headlines in the box above will be properly highlighted.
-Youtube embeds are now slightly bigger.
-Some new forum icons here and there.
-Slightly different layout on topics now. Got rid of the repeated forum title above everybody's posts.
-Automatic twitter embeds.

All the above only applies to the default theme. New members won't be allowed to select any other theme. Just because they're so outdated. I do advise people, especially whoever is still using the two older default themes to change to the new one. You can do so by clicking the link in the announcement.

Twitter embeds look like this:

https://twitter.com/AndroidAuth/status/637302666322952192

becomes this:

https://twitter.com/AndroidAuth/status/637302666322952192

THECITYHUNTER

THECITYHUNTER

Realy love this design,i love the mixture defintly my favorite one nice job guys :)

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic work! Loving the new look!

THE CITY HUNTER

Wanted to ask who does the design does the entire staff customize it or is it one person(btw nice design loving it)

Darkness

I do it and then we share ideas of what we like and what we don't. The early versions of this looked quite different.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 28, 2015, 06:45:14 PM
I do it and then we share ideas of what we like and what we don't. The early versions of this looked quite different.
Could you post the early versions if possible.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Loved the new banner!

PRJ_since1990

With all due respect, it's about time. It looks phenomenal. Great job!!!

Robot Sentry

The theme looks great.

It's definitely an excellent time to be an Alien/Predator fan. Three movies on the horizon, a recent gem of an Alien game with Isolation, more comics and novels coming, and...

... I'm probably forgetting something.

We need a fourth AVP game for PC/PS4/XONE. Another game in the same mold, or a follow up to Isolation would also be a good thing.

Back to the upcoming A/Pred/Prom flicks... It's crazy to think that in the span of the next three years or so we will see these three films along with a Blade Runner 2, Avatar sequels, and a bunch of new Star Wars films. Good times  :o

Whiskeybrewer

I do love the new theme, it fits the site as a whole more in my opinion than Isolation stuff.

MaXenaeL

Congrats with returnin' to canonic design  ;D

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

This new format on mobile is horrible ;-; I'm never on my PC so it's frustrating. Apparently I can't quote people anymore o.O

I like how it looks but it's just not efficient on mobile. Now the site loads up super zoomed in at the top of the page, which means i have to scroll all the way down to see all the topics. Before it would start pretty much basic desktop view and all i needed to do was zoom in a bit to see all the threads. Which would make things quick when looking for something specific. It's not that bad but anything that saves even a bit of time is a plus for me xD

Darkness

Having a desktop site on a very tiny mobile screen isn't efficient at all. It takes me ages to zoom in and find something. I will keep on refining it but that's the way forward I'm afraid. Google actually penalizes sites for not being mobile-friendly.

I fixed the quote thing. The buttons show up when you press the Q button.

System Apollo

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 30, 2015, 01:18:35 PM
Having a desktop site on a very tiny mobile screen isn't efficient at all. It takes me ages to zoom in and find something. I will keep on refining it but that's the way forward I'm afraid. Google actually penalizes sites for not being mobile-friendly.

I fixed the quote thing. The buttons show up when you press the Q button.
I'd say. It's a nightmare for me when I work on mobile formats. Good work with everything though. I'm really happy to see the predator make an appearance with the theme.

ADC

Nice work chaps, looks topper 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed