Another Prometheus Script Version?

Started by NecronomIV, Jul 02, 2022, 03:55:24 AM

Author
Another Prometheus Script Version? (Read 7,256 times)

NecronomIV

Hi,

I came across this purported script for Prometheus, and it doesn't appear to match any of the ones in the Downloads section.

It has a character called Murdow, calls the planet Zeus, and at one point makes reference to a sketch by Scott, and features some rather heavy-handed narration by Shaw. It also has Shaw shoot Vickers!

It also has some spelling mistakes  :( , but that might be transcription.

Is this "new"? Can anyone authenticate this script? Or is it a known piece of fan-fiction?

SiL

SiL

That certainly reads like bad fan fiction.

NecronomIV

Quote from: SiL on Jul 02, 2022, 04:47:54 AMThat certainly reads like bad fan fiction.

Yeah, the dialogue is very clumsy and rudimentary in places ... but it also has some odd elements that makes me wonder. The reference to a sketch by Scott being one  - it implies something about the intended audience of the script. Another is calling the Engineers "Terraformers" - if you're writing fan fiction, why not use the established nomenclature?

It's curious.

Immortan Jonesy

I read that fan-made Script (supposedly leaked) in 2012, before the movie release. I was a member of Scified back then (Shame, I know!😬🙈).

A lot of people there thought it was real, except me of course. 8) 

NecronomIV

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2022, 02:39:55 PMI read that fan-made Script (supposedly leaked) in 2012, before the movie release. I was a member of Scified back then (Shame, I know!😬🙈).

Hah. Okay. Interesting though. Thank you for filling me in.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

There's some crazy stuff in there. The monster has a more or less Alien form but the face is similar to a facehugger and attacks in the hangar. The general idea seems to be that the Alien was one of the Engineers' many creations, which is evidenced by a special 'cameo' at the end. They burn it and it infects 'Milburn' ;D

I think whoever wrote this did it with the footage available at the time (Teaser trailer + behind scenes stuff). Shaw's baby is a biomechanical humanoid, and at the end of the story there is a cameo to the Space Jockey in LV-426. But he has no connection to this main story other than being a 'Terraformer'. That was like a fan service made by fans themselves, plus a literal interpretation of that Scott quote about Alien DNA at the end.

[cancerblack]

I still have the Harvest fake script kicking around.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2022, 02:39:55 PMI read that fan-made Script (supposedly leaked) in 2012, before the movie release. I was a member of Scified back then (Shame, I know!😬🙈).

Was that the infamous 'Orange Revision' dated March 2011 supposedly written by Lindelof?  If so I remember that one lol.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 02, 2022, 09:01:07 PM

Was that the infamous 'Orange Revision' dated March 2011 supposedly written by Lindelof?  If so I remember that one lol.

I don't remember the name, but yes, it was before the movie. Between 2011 and part of 2012 false plots began to appear lol one of my favorites was the one where the stone head was some kind of machine.  ;D

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2022, 09:14:00 PMI don't remember the name, but yes, it was before the movie. Between 2011 and part of 2012 false plots began to appear lol one of my favorites was the one where the stone head was some kind of machine.  ;D

I can't remember if that was in the Orange Revised draft or not to be honest.  Whoever wrote the Orange draft tried to make it authentic by having a fake e-mail address on it  :laugh: and isn't even structured properly as a proper script would.  Might have to have a go on google just for a laugh and see what I can find.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2022, 09:14:00 PMI don't remember the name, but yes, it was before the movie. Between 2011 and part of 2012 false plots began to appear lol one of my favorites was the one where the stone head was some kind of machine.  ;D

Was that the one with the STAR BEAST and time travel ending?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 02, 2022, 09:31:35 PM

Was that the one with the STAR BEAST and time travel ending?

Yes, that one. I don't like it completely, just a few ideas. The funny thing is that the Engineers transform Vickers into the "Star Beast". Then years later we have licensed literature, albeit in a different context, where Blue Marsalis transforms herself into a Queen in Alien: Into Charybdis.

[cancerblack]

From Harvest:

SiL

SiL

Oh shit, I remember that script! It was so gay. So very, literally gay.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I should really upload it somewhere for posterity, with a tl;dr about how it came to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed