NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,200,216 times)

happypred

happypred

The face is horrendous, as expected. Rest is pretty solid for Neca imo

Saw a comment about how the figure looks too slimy. I disagree...production still Feral wasnt slimy but Feral in the film looked slimy as f**k due to the terrible CGI sheen and drab colour grading inflicted on him.

Will always use the masked head

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Nah, only the face was slimy, the body wasn't. The face sculp, the painting and the dreads leave MUCH to be desired here.

Mike’s Monsters

The production photography could have also been working with a sample that wasn't actually the final product. The early samples they use could be made out of a different, glossier material which will make him look shiny or slimy. I wouldn't be surprised if he's more matte finished in the final product.

Speaking from experience since I shoot this stuff for Bandai as my day job. A lot of our samples don't match what the final product is going to look like, which is why there's often text saying "final product may appear different than production photography" or something along those lines.

So I'd wait for real, in hand product photos closer to the release to really know if it's gonna be a glossy finish or not.

Here's Blaine saying something very similar about the actual figure itself too:

https://twitter.com/blainerthings/status/1654178012135292931?s=46&t=_UkEryu2c2UmLOQcQ5K4SA

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hello my friends and fellow masters of Predator lore and culture. I was hoping for some advice or ideas on what I should add to my Winter Diorama to make it better? Or if you think it is fine as is then awesome. I would love any kind of feedback, thank you!

bobcunk

bobcunk

I actually like the design it was just the cgi enhancements that looked to shiny and plasticky, the lighting didnt match the practical face, it reminded me of movies from the 1990s like the lost world were you could see a clear difference between the animatronic and the cgi t-rex

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I am slowly but surely increasing the scale of this diorama, eventually there will be legitimately an actual miniature forest behind him and around the sides as well.

Predboy

Predboy

Here's hoping neca will keep going and eventually give us predator and alien figures based off of the AvP Extinction game. That would be so sweet.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

This is hands down the worst QC on a Neca Predator I have ever personally witnessed lol. Almost every part that was glued down just fell off and so did the left arm. The left knee as well is horribly bent out of shape and the LEDs did not come on even when replacing them with new batteries that were tested to work. I bought this brand new and sealed on Amazon and it was not opened prior. 

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

That's exactly why I stopped buying NECA toys. It essentially became high risk vs high reward.

Hopefully Mike's Monsters ends up right and NECA is done with it. Then a better company might get their hands on the IP.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 27, 2023, 11:42:59 AMThat's exactly why I stopped buying NECA toys. It essentially became high risk vs high reward.

Hopefully Mike's Monsters ends up right and NECA is done with it. Then a better company might get their hands on the IP.

I've suspected Hasbro will be gearing up for it.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 27, 2023, 06:42:52 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on May 27, 2023, 11:42:59 AMThat's exactly why I stopped buying NECA toys. It essentially became high risk vs high reward.

What fuels your suspicions?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 28, 2023, 12:44:57 AM

If Neca has lost the license then Hasbro seems like the first choice since they already work with them and possess the Marvel legends banner. Predator wouldn't strictly fall under Marvel, but to test the waters I can easily see Predator happen to be in a wave they're then currently doing because despite not being strictly Marvel, they are currently producing the comics and Disney own both Marvel and the franchise outright.

So nothing movie specific since that involves specific rights but one of the streamlined character designs from the comics. And Hasbro has produced a number of larger sized figures in bulk lately. Wrecker of Bad Batch can still be found fairly easily despite being a larger deluxe figure.

We also know from Lanard that the license is capable of being sold to kids. Kenner is also owned by Hasbro. Hasbro has done reissues of older figures from the Beast Wars line and Kenner did Predators way back when. Meaning it's not out of the question for Hasbro to pull from either old molds or concepts since one of the companies they own worked on the franchise already. We even know them to have done retro cards with not only Beast Wars but Star Wars.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

This photo is to announce the start of my Predator temple diorama, which will be HUGE and very detailed, this will be a separate project to my 38" x 38" forest winter Diorama, this predator temple will be probably 4 feet by 3 feet when finished, I have already begun making the floors and walls, some of which you can see in this photo. I can't wait to show the finished project!

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 28, 2023, 01:18:44 AM

Maybe they rerelease the old Kenner Aliens and Predator figures, Like how playmates is selling some of the original Ninja Turtles toys. (with cheaper plastic and les but more sloppy paint aps)

If Neca has lost the license then Hasbro seems like the first choice since they already work with them and possess the Marvel legends banner. Predator wouldn't strictly fall under Marvel, but to test the waters I can easily see Predator happen to be in a wave they're then currently doing because despite not being strictly Marvel, they are currently producing the comics and Disney own both Marvel and the franchise outright.

So nothing movie specific since that involves specific rights but one of the streamlined character designs from the comics. And Hasbro has produced a number of larger sized figures in bulk lately. Wrecker of Bad Batch can still be found fairly easily despite being a larger deluxe figure.

We also know from Lanard that the license is capable of being sold to kids. Kenner is also owned by Hasbro. Hasbro has done reissues of older figures from the Beast Wars line and Kenner did Predators way back when. Meaning it's not out of the question for Hasbro to pull from either old molds or concepts since one of the companies they own worked on the franchise already. We even know them to have done retro cards with not only Beast Wars but Star Wars.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Marvel/Star Wars lines. So an established partnership of decent quality.

You kinda had to parboil every NECA figure just to prevent limbs snapping.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed