Sales

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Oct 22, 2014, 02:00:25 AM

Author
Sales (Read 58,007 times)

Gash

Gash

Hoping to get this for Christmas. I've never been a gamer so don't have a console. Use a Mac but have a PC that was plenty powerful enough for gaming stored away. So am I best off getting the PC version, and firing up the old PC, or buying a console?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Always better on the PC.

newbeing

newbeing

Looks like game sales around 1.1 Million.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=alien%3A+isolation

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In terms of sales, how is that? Is that a success?

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2014, 03:51:33 PM

I don't think so, but it's nice to see it still selling enough to reach the million sales mark. Whether it's a financial success I guess depends on the game's budget.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Over a million is certainly a success. Games like GTA hit well over the 8 million mark and its a global sensation. Alien doesn't have a video game fan base that can come near GTA's success but has sold over a million copies. It's a good day to be CA.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Well those figures are only up until the 6th December. So I imagine as of right now it's probably closer to 1.3/4 million, which after the damage caused to the brand by Aliens CM, is really decent!

By no means a blockbuster but for the genre and IP I'm sure Sega and CA are relatively pleased.

Xhan

Xhan

Considering a third of those are ultra heavily discounted, not really; 2010 is approaching the 5 million mark as a comparison.

The sales are solid for a high production niche title, it's still the lowest selling non-mobile Alien game outside of A:CM, and with everything except AvP2 being available for resale, that's rather unlikely to change.

Quoteeight million

I'm not sure what metric you're using, but GTA has sold an assload more than that for any version; and V is on track to sell exactly a metric f**kton of copies when the PC/NGC+ version hits.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Xhan on Dec 23, 2014, 10:38:02 AM

Considering a third of those are ultra heavily discounted, not really; 2010 is approaching the 5 million mark as a comparison.

The sales are solid for a high production niche title, it's still the lowest selling non-mobile Alien game outside of A:CM, and with everything except AvP2 being available for resale, that's rather unlikely to change.

Quoteeight million

I'm not sure what metric you're using, but GTA has sold an assload more than that for any version; and V is on track to sell exactly a metric f**kton of copies when the PC/NGC+ version hits.

VG has AVP 2010 under 2.5 million. Where you got 5 million from is beyond me.

Xhan

Xhan

VG is also wrong.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Where do you get the correct sales figures from?

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Xhan on Dec 24, 2014, 08:26:51 AM
VG is also wrong.

Maybe, but there is no way in Hell that AVP 2010 sold 5 million copies. No. Farking. Way.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2014, 08:56:46 AM
Where do you get the correct sales figures from?

From the publisher; which is pretty much the only way to track steam transactions.

QuoteNo.

You're assuming those sales are flat price initials, they are in fact pro-rated lifetime sales. Why do you think steam servers break every time they announce a seasonal mass sale?

razeak

razeak

Yes LOL at me and my 500K prediction haha. I'm glad of it too. Historically by numbers for the genre, I at least made an educated guess. Congrats on your fanboy optimism hitting the mark. :P

As for VGchartz, take it with a grain of salt but they get some big ballpark numbers.

Hopefully the lower prices don't put too much of a dent in their markup and the title sells enough to earn a sequel. DLC sales help too.

Here's to hoping it passes A:CM. It only has to get past 1.45 million.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: razeak on Dec 25, 2014, 04:42:53 AM
Yes LOL at me and my 500K prediction haha. I'm glad of it too. Historically by numbers for the genre, I at least made an educated guess. Congrats on your fanboy optimism hitting the mark. :P

As for VGchartz, take it with a grain of salt but they get some big ballpark numbers.

Hopefully the lower prices don't put too much of a dent in their markup and the title sells enough to earn a sequel. DLC sales help too.

Here's to hoping it passes A:CM. It only has to get past 1.45 million.

Might be a far fetched guess, but I feel at this point Sega is more interested in establishing an install base in the hopes that people will spend more cash on DLC or a sequel. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed