Begins Filming in January?

Started by Ultramorph, Aug 02, 2015, 11:26:19 PM

Author
Begins Filming in January? (Read 23,288 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 04, 2015, 01:11:09 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 04, 2015, 12:55:17 AM
So what happen to Alien 5? What's the point on doing Promethues 2 if they are going to do Alien 5 soon. More people want to see A5 then a sequel to a movie that most people didn't care for.

Assuming the January thing is true, they're probably doing the two movies close together. Scott is a producer on Alien 5, I imagine he could do that while directing the Prometheus sequel. Either way, I won't hold my breath until we get more official confirmation.

I'm also thinking that with Scott producing both, sorta back to back, some of the Production Design people, at the very least, will be present for both films.
Some things however, that I def don't want to see Scott do, is use all of the same people who worked on Prometheus on Pt2. Especially, the composer. One of my favorite things about the Alien films is that each film has a different composer. In this case, I kinda think he may end up using Mark Streitenfeld again.
Be awesome if he could snag Terry Rawlings to edit. His work on Alien and Alien 3 is some of my favorite editing ever. Also I wasn't happy with the editing of Prometheus so I hope we wont see him again but we most likely will cause he is Scott's guy - he uses him on everything lately.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Is it wrong of me to say that.. I don't want a Prometheus sequel? I mean I liked the first one when I saw it in theatres but over time my opinion of it has changed, and while there is nothing stopping the sequel from being made because let's face it, it's gonna happen, I just don't feel excited for it. Having that said... Total Film, okay.. a credible source but until we get confirmation from Mr. Symbolism Scott himself, I won't be taking this as concrete.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2015, 07:08:44 AM
It wont hurt them having them alongside each other. In fact, they'll probably hope of buzz bouncing from one to the other.

Yes! Its called Tent-poling. Its when they use a popular TV show or film is placed alongside a new or less hyped show so the more popular of the two (or three) is used to generate more interest in another. It doesn't really work in this case unless PROMETHEUS 2 comes out before ALIEN 5 precisely BECAUSE there will be more hype for ALIEN 5... So since Scott is producing both, its a smart thing to do from FOX's perspective. Especially if they can get people talking about how the developments in each film relate to the franchise overall.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 05, 2015, 03:48:52 PM
Is it wrong of me to say that.. I don't want a Prometheus sequel? I mean I liked the first one when I saw it in theatres but over time my opinion of it has changed, and while there is nothing stopping the sequel from being made because let's face it, it's gonna happen, I just don't feel excited for it. Having that said... Total Film, okay.. a credible source but until we get confirmation from Mr. Symbolism Scott himself, I won't be taking this as concrete.

Im actually very excited for it if it really moves into new territory and opens more doors. Especially now that FOX is moving forward with ALIEN 5... I think with both films doing their own thing they are really opening doors wide for expansion of the franchise and if they BOTH do well, we will hear about new chapters for the franchise for years to come.

If they are smart they will weave some new characters into ALIEN 5 to continue with in whichever sequels eventually weave the plots of both films together.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 05, 2015, 03:48:52 PM
I understand your point of view. Although, Prometheus felt like to me that it was made in such a way that indicated that a sequel was necessary.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2015, 05:58:54 PM
I understand your point of view. Although, Prometheus felt like to me that it was made in such a way that indicated that a sequel was necessary.
It would be fine if Prometheus 2 never happens. The big mistake with Prometheus was thinking it would be good. Instead, it was a tale of smart people doing dumb things.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 05, 2015, 07:06:19 AM
I would think more people would see Alien 5 happen first. A lot of buzz on the web happened when news for Alien 5 finally show up. With Alien 5 coming, who wants to see Prometheus 2. We also have Predator 4 too.

Its concerning how much of Alien 5 and Prometheus 2 would have an influence on one another, such as Alien 5 having some form of reference to Prometheus 2 maintaining continuity. Its a worry that will these films be good enough to stand on their own, or be compromised all for the sake of forcing continuity and universe building by combing their Alien Prometheus brands.

Heck with Shane Black's new Predator 4 on the way its not out of the question that in several years maybe many more Fox will reattempt Aliens VS. Predator film by applying more MARVEL style continuity through multiple Aliens, Prometheus, Predator and Aliens Vs Predator films. They tried this with the Fire and Stone comics with mixed results. "Though if Fox were to do again Ridley Scott and Sigourney Weaver" would most definitely abandoned the franchise once and for all."

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Aug 06, 2015, 04:05:07 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 05, 2015, 07:06:19 AM
I would think more people would see Alien 5 happen first. A lot of buzz on the web happened when news for Alien 5 finally show up. With Alien 5 coming, who wants to see Prometheus 2. We also have Predator 4 too.

Its concerning how much of Alien 5 and Prometheus 2 would have an influence on one another, such as Alien 5 having some form of reference to Prometheus 2 maintaining continuity. Its a worry that will these films be good enough to stand on their own, or be compromised all for the sake of forcing continuity and universe building by combing their Alien Prometheus brands.

Heck with Shane Black's new Predator 4 on the way its not out of the question that in several years maybe many more Fox will reattempt Aliens VS. Predator film by applying more MARVEL style continuity through multiple Aliens, Prometheus, Predator and Aliens Vs Predator films. They tried this with the Fire and Stone comics with mixed results. "Though if Fox were to do again Ridley Scott and Sigourney Weaver" would most definitely abandoned the franchise once and for all."

I recently read that there is speculation the Xenos will appear in the PREDATOR reboot as well. Which means well, 3 Alien films coming.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 06, 2015, 05:53:56 AM
I recently read that there is speculation the Xenos will appear in the PREDATOR reboot as well. Which means well, 3 Alien films coming.
Do you have any sources for this?

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 06, 2015, 02:20:33 AM
Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2015, 05:58:54 PM
It would be fine if Prometheus 2 never happens. The big mistake with Prometheus was thinking it would be good. Instead, it was a tale of smart people doing dumb things.
Isn't there a fanbase outside of AvPG for the Prometheus franchise?
Spoiler

It's a title that deserves to be it's franchise in my opinion.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Have you got a link?

There's nothing wrong with having continuity links between the films as long as it's not forced. And the downfalls of Fire and Stone aren't due to the continuity link, it was down to the story playing too much in Prometheus' sandbox and not being allowed to really do much in case of stepping on the film.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

As much as I like Alien vs Predator, and the two sharing the same universe.. after PREDATORS and Prometheus, I don't think I want an AVP universe where Super Predators and Engineers exist too. Sorry for sounding like a broken record but... I'd rather the film series just be their own thing now. And then there is the whole revisionist history which Blomkamp is supposedly doing which... I'll admit, I'm not too sure on whether or not of being too keen on.

(As long as Ripley doesn't wake up to the sound of running water and finds Hicks taking a shower.. I maybe okay with that.)

In regards to Shane's movie, I wouldn't bank on the Xenomorphs making an appearance. As you said, that's just speculation and nothing more or less. I'm not sure where this rumor started, but do we know anything about the movie? No, so.. until we hear more from all fronts on all projects, I wouldn't take too much seriously.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2015, 07:42:26 AM

Have you got a link?

There's nothing wrong with having continuity links between the films as long as it's not forced. And the downfalls of Fire and Stone aren't due to the continuity link, it was down to the story playing too much in Prometheus' sandbox and not being allowed to really do much in case of stepping on the film.

http://masterherald.com/alien-5-and-two-more-alien-films-in-the-works-to-the-delight-of-all-fans/23265/

I can't find any other info on this so... take it lightly.

However, I personally want the AVP stuff to remain completely detached from the Alien franchise. I like AVP but don't want the mythologies to cross at all. MAYBE, on a TV show after at least 2 seasons of great ALIEN content.

I'd love to see an Earth-set ALIEN show that continues Ripley 8's storyline and finishes it for good in the first season, then continues onto the Engineers on Earth for a second season and then MAYBE for a third or fourth season throws AVP or PREDTORS into the mix - off world on a mining colony or something.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I guess Prometheus will be out by early 2017 then leaving Alien 5 by 2018. It would be cool if Alien 5 and Predator 4 both came out in the same year, but I highly doubt it.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Eurgh, Predator 4 and Alien 5. Shows you how low these franchise's have slumped.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 06, 2015, 05:17:16 PM
http://masterherald.com/alien-5-and-two-more-alien-films-in-the-works-to-the-delight-of-all-fans/23265/

I can't find any other info on this so... take it lightly.

General rule of thumb - don't trust this website.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Like Dallas said, "I don't trust anyone." *nods*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed