Things of note in Weyland Information page

Started by harlock, Mar 22, 2012, 12:36:38 AM

Author
Things of note in Weyland Information page (Read 27,679 times)

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 23, 2012, 01:48:09 AM
I don't believe that ALIENS, ALIEN3 or ALIEN : Resurrection showed enough of their tech for us to judge whether or not Prometheus is too advanced. There was no opportunity to see any of it. There was a computer screen and a bio-scan in 3, and I don't remember seeing any sort of consoles in ALIENS or AR.
We saw plenty of it. Hell, in ALIENS we even saw a vid-table like the one in the Prometheus' control room--but whereas almost a century later, it is 2D, the one in Prometheus has a fancy holographic interface. Face it: fans will just have to fanwank some sort of explanation that fits.

SM

First Blood

I don't believe that ALIENS, ALIEN3 or ALIEN : Resurrection showed enough of their tech for us to judge whether or not Prometheus is too advanced. There was no opportunity to see any of it. There was a computer screen and a bio-scan in 3, and I don't remember seeing any sort of consoles in ALIENS or AR.

Well, Aliens seemed like the biggest opportunity to show off its tech. With the Colonial Marines and all the gear they were packing. Motion censors, smart guns, and robotic mechs and tracking devices etc.

Cvalda

Quote from: SM on Mar 23, 2012, 01:57:05 AM

At least Scott kept a dim, CRT look for the onboard monitors on Prometheus:

First Blood

I love this shot, it reminds me of the low lit environment on the Nostromo bridge. 

SM

One thing I did dig was they seem to have drawn on Ron Cobb's 'Californian' bridge design...

ThisBethesdaSea

That thing in the Ampule was green in the teaser and black in the theatrical one. Hmmmmm.

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 23, 2012, 03:19:38 AM
That thing in the Ampule was green in the teaser and black in the theatrical one. Hmmmmm.
Maybe that "spine" inside it was a spoiler they sought to correct. Hmm indeed.

aliennaire

Has anybody also noticed, that in Fact Sheet module on Investor information page SIR PETER WEYLAND is still written as the Company CEO in 2073, so he is still alive at that time (and even confered with a honourary title) and is even capable to rule the company? If so, I think his presence in the film confirmed!

Valaquen

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 23, 2012, 02:38:13 PM
Has anybody also noticed, that in Fact Sheet module on Investor information page SIR PETER WEYLAND is still written as the Company CEO in 2073, so he is still alive at that time (and even confered with a honourary title) and is even capable to rule the company? If so, I think his presence in the film confirmed!
Well, Ridley already confirmed that last week  :P

NGR01

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 23, 2012, 03:19:38 AM

Still green underneath the black goo.
Probably some sort of shock absorber liquid.
That is some nice last minute addition thinking.

Eagle-Fire

Eagle-Fire

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 23, 2012, 01:54:26 AM
We saw plenty of it. Hell, in ALIENS we even saw a vid-table like the one in the Prometheus' control room--but whereas almost a century later, it is 2D, the one in Prometheus has a fancy holographic interface. Face it: fans will just have to fanwank some sort of explanation that fits.

how about this for a ''fanwank'' , ALIEN was made in the 70s......( think about that for a min or 2 )..........
Prometheus was made in 2010-2012......( take another min or 2 ).............
........ok so im assuming you have a fair grasp on the concept im throwing at you , i know its probably alot for you to have to proccess so im gonna wait another min or 2 before i proceed to a point that has been put down before............

now before you see the piks i am posting just take a few breaths because i know this is gonna be a hard pill for you to swallow

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 23, 2012, 04:09:26 PM
how about this for a ''fanwank'' , ALIEN was made in the 70s......( think about that for a min or 2 )..........
Prometheus was made in 2010-2012......( take another min or 2 ).............
........ok so im assuming you have a fair grasp on the concept im throwing at you , i know its probably alot for you to have to proccess so im gonna wait another min or 2 before i proceed to a point that has been put down before............

now before you see the piks i am posting just take a few breaths because i know this is gonna be a hard pill for you to swallow

Actually, with all respect Eagle-Fire...I am not quite sure what the point is you are trying to make.  The shuttle was designed in the early / mid 70's.  The original shuttles did not feature "glass cockpits" (flat panel displays, touch screens, etc.).  They were upgraded and retrofitted from their original equipment -- the original cockpits featured CRT displays, and electromechanical gauges.  I believe Shuttle Atlantis was the first to be retrofitted...sometime in the early 2000s.

In any event, can you expand on your previous post. 

ThisBethesdaSea

I assert again....it would be LUDICROUS if Ridley and Company made a decidedly low-tech Science Fiction film. SCI-FI is about what's possible, not what's continuous from another film. Again, the criticism thrown at Prometheus for being in essence to -sci-fi is ridiculous.

Deuterium

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 23, 2012, 04:33:28 PM
I assert again....it would be LUDICROUS if Ridley and Company made a decidedly low-tech Science Fiction film. SCI-FI is about what's possible, not what's continuous from another film. Again, the criticism thrown at Prometheus for being in essence to -sci-fi is ridiculous.

Absolutely agree.  But I am confused by your last sentence (highlighted in bold).  Can you re-word?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed