Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,183 times)

Kailem

I'm sure it will, it just won't have the artbook you get for pre-ordering or the pdf version (unless Amazon also sells pdf versions of these? Either way I doubt it'll be a physical + digital joint-purchase kinda thing).

I can't remember how much the shipping costs are to the UK, but that sucks if you have to pay extra given that they mentioned in their latest update stream that their warehouses are situated in the UK and the US.

Xiggz456

I don't remember what the shipping costs were but the free art book kind of helps justify the extra shipping costs IMO.

BlueMarsalis79

Wait did all of them come with one?

Kailem

This is the first, unless the original release of the core rules came with something initially, since I got that later. But the Starter Set and Destroyer of Worlds definitely didn't.

Xiggz456

I've preordered all 3 and this is the first time they've offered the art book. The previous 2 releases just gave you early access with PDF versions of the core books.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 02, 2021, 02:14:50 PM
I'm sure it will, it just won't have the artbook you get for pre-ordering or the pdf version (unless Amazon also sells pdf versions of these? Either way I doubt it'll be a physical + digital joint-purchase kinda thing).

I can't remember how much the shipping costs are to the UK, but that sucks if you have to pay extra given that they mentioned in their latest update stream that their warehouses are situated in the UK and the US.
That's bizarre, when I tried to order from their site they said the shipping price was like half again the cost of the book, that doesn't make sense if they're shipping from within the US.

Edit-- I just messaged them on facebook, we'll see what happens.

BlueMarsalis79

And you have to preorder it from their own website? 
Thank you in advance.

Kailem

If you want the pdf artbook, yeah.

BlueMarsalis79

Not pleased with the shipping myself.

BlueMarsalis79

Still no news on the website.

Kailem

Yeah there's no way this'll be launching on Alien Day. Certainly not the physical version anyway. We'd for sure have been seeing pdf's sent out to people who've pre-ordered if it was.

When I pre-ordered Destroyer of Worlds last year I got the pdf a full month before the physical version was released, so I can't see that version launching until late May at this point.

BlueMarsalis79

Still nothing we only get "late April" on the store, hoping they announce something, come 4/26.

Kailem

Yeah it'd be great if that's when they started sending the pdf's out. At the very least here's hoping they give us an update.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I asked Andrew Gaska and apparently the hold up is that (to his knowledge) Disney is yet to approve the book.

Just got an email from FL with an update:

QuoteHello! This is the official newsletter for the ALIEN tabletop RPG by Free League Publishing and 20th Century Studios.

It's high time for another update about the Colonial Marines Operations Manual. First, the good news: the 352-page book is 99% done, ready to invite you into the glorious world of the USCMC. The not so good news is that the final 1% of the process has taken longer than we anticipated. For this we are sorry.

This means we will not be able to release the book on April 26 as we had hoped, not even in its digital form. We do hope however to reach the end of the process very soon, perhaps even in a matter of days, and the moment we do, we will send the full PDF out to everyone who has pre-ordered the book. At that point, we will also send the book to print immediately – our printer is standing by, ready to go – and ship it out to everyone who pre-ordered, before the the book will be released to retail stores.

We will not set a new release date at this time, as we certainly hope and believe that we won't need to keep you waiting much longer. In the interim, please enjoy a few finished spreads from the book below to give you an idea of what's soon to come your way.

Kailem

That sounds about right. At least they're going to be sending out the pdf version as soon as they get the ok from Disney. I guess they're just taking longer to go about it than Fox did by themselves, which sucks.

But yeah clearly even Free League don't know when it's going to be coming out, especially the physical version, because even they don't know at this point. But the new artwork looks great!

I like how they've repurposed one of Syd Mead's original unused designs for the Sulaco into a UPP ship that looks like its equivalent version. I love stuff like that, it's a great way to work in those sort of existing "deep cut" lore and designs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed