Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 165,675 times)

The Old One

My point is the information given to the viewer in AR is so nonsensical, that working around AR is really easy conceptually if you wanted to create a new Trilogy for example, that more lives in the world of Aliens and Alien³ after AR.

Local Trouble

So where do you stand on the quarantine theory?

HuDaFuK

I find it hard to believe the USM would go to all the effort of cloning a long-dead Ripley (especially given how clearly difficult it was to perfect) when they could just go to the derelict and grab some eggs.

Ergo, it is unequivocally gone.

Kailem

Maybe they had a bulk discount? "Clone 7 and get an 8th clone free!"

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 19, 2019, 11:34:49 AM
I find it hard to believe the USM would go to all the effort of cloning a long-dead Ripley (especially given how clearly difficult it was to perfect) when they could just go to the derelict and grab some eggs.

If they aren't sure eggs are there, and there's a quarantine in place preventing them from accessing the planet, it could very well have been easier to clone Ripley "under the radar". The movie establishes that what they're doing is shady as hell, going to a quarantined planet likely would have raised a lot of uncomfortable questions they couldn't answer without raising too much suspicion and blowing the whole operation. The eggs could be there, but for all intents and purposes they might as well have not existed.

Local Trouble

Is that your canon now?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 19, 2019, 04:26:56 PM
Is that your canon now?
I like the idea a lot, especially in light of the RPG. I might tweak it a bit to accommodate some other sources and events (mostly involves shifting the timeline back a little so the quarantine doesn't go into effect immediately after 'Aliens', but the end result is the same.

Local Trouble

The quarantine is also an explanation for how Ripley could have willingly left orbit without nuking the derelict first.  I'm not sure how much tweaking you can do before it totally undermines that purpose.

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 19, 2019, 11:34:49 AM

^

Local Trouble

But that upsets people.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 20, 2019, 02:29:50 AM
But that upsets people.

So do death and taxes, and they're just as unavoidable as the most reasonable conclusion being that the derelict is gone.

Xenomrph

Let's play "spot the opinion".
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 20, 2019, 04:18:33 AM
But that upsets people.

So do death and taxes, and they're just as unavoidable as the most reasonable conclusion being that the derelict is gone.
Found the opinion.

SM

But that upsets people.

So let their sets be up then.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 20, 2019, 05:40:08 AM
But that upsets people.

Found the opinion.

It outright is the most reasonable conclusion though. However - I'm not trying to make claims about canon so don't worry.

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 20, 2019, 06:30:21 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 20, 2019, 05:40:08 AM
But that upsets people.

Found the opinion.

It outright is the most reasonable conclusion though.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed